What do you think is the WORST TOOL in Terraria?

You know what's the worse? Rare weapon drops. By the time you get it, you are probably already using something better.
A good example is the demon scythe. It rarely drops from demons, and if you are fighting demons you are near hardmode, where you can get a better magic weapon pretty early.

Same for medusa heads; they drop from a rare hardmode enemy with a 1% chance, and by the time it finally drops you are probably wielding something better.
I don't mind accessory drops, but rare weapon drops are annoying for this reason.
I actually was lucky enough to get the demon scythe while it was still useful... I only got 2-3 others since then, in all of my 800 hours.

Edit: It has good dmg, and good rate of fire. It just eats lots of mana. Ideal during the time when I first got it when I had a mana flower and a couple stacks of mana potions (before they added the debuff).

Oh, don't get me started on the slime staff and wand of sparking.

Slime Staff rarest item in the game (for some reason) and one of 3 prehardmode summoner weapons, which means that if you want to start as a summoner only you have to waste a lot of time grinding. Or get a minishark and kill the queen bee (and getting a better summoner weapon in the process AND the first summoner armor set in the game), but that's not a proper summoner run, is it? That means you played half of prehardmode without a summoning weapon.

Worse magic item in the game and you have to find it. In the time it takes looking for a chest that has it I'd rather get the materials to make a staff and actually progress a little.

You should really have the option of crafting basic weapons like that. Summoner has weird progression.

IMHO the easiest summoner weapon to get is actually the imp staff, oddly enough. If you fish for a reaver shark, you can theoretically get it with zero fighting.

IMHO the easiest summoner weapon to get is actually the imp staff, oddly enough. If you fish for a reaver shark, you can theoretically get it with zero fighting.
Not just theoretically, also practically, even on Expert;
But, she's Ningishu, so, it's almost impossible for a normal player...

Actually I'm not at all surprised someone really did this, but doing it hardcore expert is just showing off! I mean geez!

Thats the power of Ningishu :3
Also, am I the only one who likes the dirt rod so much I always hold onto it?

On topic, the wood greaves are the most pitiful things in existence. Its a waste of wood unless you get the full set, which adds 1+ defense, but by then you should have lead/iron-tungsten/silver!

Look's like this topic got derailed.
But whatever...
The worst tools in my opnion are....
  1. Deathbringer Pickaxe: For a pickaxe named like that, it have an awful damage, plus is slower than his sister Nightmare Pickaxe.
  2. Blood Lust Cluster: On the section of how to waste your time, this axe is slow, and differently from the War Axe of the Night, is a terrible melee weapon.
That's all folks!

the most unusefull gun in the world
flare gun

THE MOST WEAKEST WEAPON IN THE WORLD
IT CoNSUMES FLARE BULLETS
THAT ARE REALY EXPENSIVE FOR BEGINNERS THAT FIND IT AND DONT HAVE MUTCH MONEY

GIVE ME THAT MONEY-------------------------------------------------------------------- bbbbbbbeeeeeeeeebbbbbbb

everybody that also says the flaregun is the weakest

i typed this to confirm that this is the weakest gun

There's only one thing I can think of, that the flare gun is useful for:

Step 1: Place two mud blocks side-by-side.
Step 2: Plant Jungle Grass on these blocks.
Step 3: Equip Flower Boots
Step 4: Shoot a flare so that it lands in the middle of the two mud blocks and stand ontop of it.
Step 5: Swing Bug Net.
Step 6: ????
Step 7: PROFIT

100-200+ bait over the course of one game day.

Well, you're wrong. The slime gun is the weakest gun.
true XD

but i mean in dps
so slime gun does not have dps so i called it like an water pistol :D
[doublepost=1470607820,1470607731][/doublepost]
There's only one thing I can think of, that the flare gun is useful for:

Step 1: Place two mud blocks side-by-side.
Step 2: Plant Jungle Grass on these blocks.
Step 3: Equip Flower Boots
Step 4: Shoot a flare so that it lands in the middle of the two mud blocks and stand ontop of it.
Step 5: Swing Bug Net.
Step 6: ????
Step 7: PROFIT

100-200+ bait over the course of one game day.
thats the only usefull thing from it
ps good tutorial i will coppy and paste it in wordt :D

Man, this year-old topic was just full of bad opinions.
The best ones were the ones about Pearlwood stuff. They were obsolete right out of the gate.

I agree this is the WORST of them all because it basically just makes you spontaneously combust in game

That's because it's an item not meant to be found/used by players at all. That's like saying the Pre-1.3 Dev Armors/Wings were the "worst" items in the game because they near-instantly killed you.

Back
Top Bottom