What I think they are-
King Slime: Male
Eye of Cthulhu: None
Eater of Worlds: Both, as it is multiple creatures merged together
Brain of Cthulhu: None
Skeletron: Male
Queen Bee: Female
Wall of Flesh: None
Destroyer: Undetermined, but presumed male.
Twins: Undetermined, but presumed male.
Skeletron Prime: Undetermined, but presumed male.
Plantera: Both, as it's a plant.
Golem: Undetermined, but presumed and implied to be male.
Duke Fishron: Male.
Pumpking: Male.
Frost Queen: Female.
Lunar Boss: Undetermined.

Skeleton has hard evidence as myself and another have pointed out in his bone structure.

My head cannon always told me that WoF was mutated and vengeful spirit of the guide, and therefor male.

Skeleton has hard evidence as myself and another have pointed out in his bone structure.

My head cannon always told me that WoF was mutated and vengeful spirit of the guide, and therefor male.

My friend have the same bone structure in the hand, and is a girl.

Plantera is most probably female. The distinct pink colour is pretty much a give away. If the developer wanted it to be male, or unisex, then the dev would have chosen red, blue or tangerine. Most common unisex colours. Now you might say: But Frost, flowers are pink too. Yes thats true, but, doesn't Plantera spit out PINK razor balls? Yet another feminine colour. And also do not forget, Redigit made this boss for HIS GIRLFRIEND. The plant is pink for a reason.

Lastly, guy names don't usually end with an 'a'. It is like a girl's name, similar to
Jenna
Emilia
Anastasia
Arabella
Lavinia
Aurelia
Alaina
Bianca
Cecilia
Juliana
Alanna
Ciara.

Very few guy names end with a. However Joshua is an example.

I rest my case.

Plantera is most probably female. The distinct pink colour is pretty much a give away. If the developer wanted it to be male, or unisex, then the dev would have chosen red, blue or tangerine. Most common unisex colours. Now you might say: But Frost, flowers are pink too. Yes thats true, but, doesn't Plantera spit out PINK razor balls? Yet another feminine colour. And also do not forget, Redigit made this boss for HIS GIRLFRIEND. The plant is pink for a reason.

Lastly, guy names don't usually end with an 'a'. It is like a girl's name, similar to
Jenna
Emilia
Anastasia
Arabella
Lavinia
Aurelia
Alaina
Bianca
Cecilia
Juliana
Alanna
Ciara.

I rest my case.
Botanical science > color/name. The flower produces both seeds and spores.

Jenna
Emilia
Anastasia
Arabella
Lavinia
Aurelia
Alaina
Bianca
Cecilia
Juliana
Alanna
Ciara.

I rest my case.
Is it ok if I point out that Cenx herself said that Plantera can be whichever gender you want it to be since it's a plant?

I love how people are still trying to assign genders to inanimate objects (aka machines) and plants... -_-
a Robot has a gender as much as a rock... -__-

He said not to mention mechs...
And yet people still post what gender they think the mechs are %-_-
  • KING Slime - Male - it's in the name.
  • EoC - Male - He is a jerk that pushes you around, also Cthulhu is male.
  • EoW - Male - has multiple muscular segments that push you around.
  • BoC - Female - it's pink, girls like pink.
  • Skeletron - Male - Old MAN is male and he calls him "master"
  • QUEEN Bee - Female - it's in the name.
  • Wof - Both? - he has parts of flesh on him from dead underworld bodies, could be the flesh of men/women who knows who or what they're killing.
  • Twins - Male - I don't really know how to explain this one, so I won't! :3
  • Destroyer - Male - Men like destroying stuff, in the name again.
  • Skeletron Prime - Male - he's Scary, and he could've been used in FnaF, where most of the animatronics are male.
  • Plantera - Female - I always thought that Plantera was female, she's Pink, and when you get her half health she gets extreemly pi***d off
  • Golem - Male - Strong. Period.
  • Mourning wood - Male - Creepy. Period.
  • PumpKING - Male - in the name
  • Everscream - Female - "AHHHHH" sounds like something a female would do
  • Santa-Nk1 - Male - Santa is male. Period.
  • Ice QUEEN - Female - in the name
That's what I think anyway :\
Look at the bolded part. Actually just realized who had posted this... Sound familiar Pigron?

I think we gonna need science to discover what gender is plantera
heh.
Now, Let's talk about Plantera. This one is interesting.
Plantera is a flower, and flowers are the reproductive organs of angiosperm plants. They can be male (androecium), female (gyneceum) or both.
Plantera shoots seeds on its first stage, and seeds are the fecundated embryo of a gyneceum, Meaning that Plantera could be a female.
But on the second stage, Plantera releases spores:
Spore.png

From wikipedia: ''...initially contains diploid pollen mother cells. These undergo meiosis to form haploid spores. The spores may remain attached to each other in a tetrad or separate after meiosis. Each microspore then divides mitotically to form an immature microgametophyte called a pollen grain.''
The released spores look a lot like the stamen, the ''male'' part of a flower.
I dont know if this is just a coincidence or if Re-Logic intended to do this, Because Plantera's gender changing along the stages of the boss fight may hint to how some plants (dioic) have two stages of flowering (all flowers female/all flowers male) to prevent auto fecundation.
In the end, is Plantera Male or Female? It either is an hermaphrodite from the very beginning, or it changes from female to male in the middle of the battle.
Plantera is a evil hermaphrodite that throws the plant equivalent of ovules and sperm at us.
how comforting

I love how people are still trying to assign genders to inanimate objects (aka machines) and plants... -_-
a Robot has a gender as much as a rock... -__-

in brazil (where I live) rocks are refered to be females soo...rocks had a gender

and robots are refered as male.

King Slime: Male, obviously

Eye of Cthulhu: The concept of Cthulhu, let along its gender incomprehensible to use mortals

Eater of Worlds: Male

Brain of Cthulhu: See 'Eye of Cthulhu'

Skeletron: Male, because of the Clothier

Queen Bee: Female, obviously

Wall of Flesh: Genderless

HARDMODE BOSSES

The Destroyer: Genderless

Skeletron Prime: Male

The Twins: See 'Brain of Cthulhu'

Plantera: Female

Golem: Genderless

Duke Fishron: Male, obviously

EVENT BOSSES

Mourning Wood: Genderless

Pumpking: Again, male

Everscream: Genderless

Santa NK-1: Genderless

Ice Queen: Female .-.

CONSOLE BOSSES

Ocram: See 'The Twins' (Ocram isn't Cthulhu, but I think its also an elder deity)

MOBILE BOSSES:

Lepus: Male

Turkor the Ungrateful: Male

King Slime: Male, obviously

Eye of Cthulhu: The concept of Cthulhu, let along its gender incomprehensible to use mortals

Eater of Worlds: Male

Brain of Cthulhu: See 'Eye of Cthulhu'

Skeletron: Male, because of the Clothier

Queen Bee: Female, obviously

Wall of Flesh: Genderless

HARDMODE BOSSES

The Destroyer: Genderless

Skeletron Prime: Male

The Twins: See 'Brain of Cthulhu'

Plantera: Female

Golem: Genderless

Duke Fishron: Male, obviously

EVENT BOSSES

Mourning Wood: Genderless

Pumpking: Again, male

Everscream: Genderless

Santa NK-1: Genderless

Ice Queen: Female .-.

CONSOLE BOSSES

Ocram: See 'The Twins' (Ocram isn't Cthulhu, but I think its also an elder deity)

MOBILE BOSSES:

Lepus: Male

Turkor the Ungrateful: Male

gender to a robot.

and chutulhu is male.

Back
Top Bottom