Console what is the strongest console weapon???

strongest weapon for console

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
<Excessive Emotes removed by a Moderator>

:hoppinjack:HAPPY HOLLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@expert terrarian

Please do not spam emotes in Thread posts. It is distracting and is considered lack of content which doesn't contribute to the Thread discussion in a meaningful way. I've removed the emote spam from your post.

In addition, if you have more to add to a post, and other members have not posted yet, please edit your post to contain the content by using the edit button on the bottom left of your post.

You totally forgot about magic weapons like the razor blade typhoons and the blizzard staff. Which in my opinion are far better then what you selected (My opinion don't hurt me plz).
There is only melee weapons on that list so if you are asking for the best melee weapon on console there's items like the flairon and horsemans blade that you seem to have totally forgotten about.
So be more specific about this or make it obvious what you are talking about here.
Alright have a good night (or whenever you read this)

And my fav console weapon is The Ultimate Annihilator (does 999999999999999 damage)

SHREK:"What are you doing in my swamp!!!"SWAMP THING:I live here."(swamp thing kills shrek)

@expert terrarian

As said previously, we require Threads to have relevant content to contribute to the Discussion. I recommend taking a look at our Forum Policies here on posting: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terrarian-community-rules-culture-please-read.53/

Even if it is a Thread you've created, it does not mean you can post anything you want in it. It has to relate to the topic. If you want to post random content, please keep it on your profile as long as does not become spam in nature.

If you're talking mathematically (this hasn't been done but if you do the math), the highest DPS (from a single weapon) can be achieved with the Horseman's blade. The highest DPS otherwise would be from the tsunami but that requires a elaborate arena. For unexpected combat probably razorblade typhoon because of it's high use rate, homing abilities and damage.

o_O I haven't seen stuff like this since the Terraria Steam forums, heh heh heh. Kind of why I left 'em.

But not to be a hypocrite, here's something on-topic: Terra Blade is questionable on console because it lacks auto-swing (unless they changed that in a patch when I wasn't looking). Paladin's Hammer is good for fast targets and if you have good aim, Death Sickle is good for slow targets and obviously for its wall-piercing abilities.
Now, the thread title asks for "strongest" weapon, rather than 'best' weapon, so I suppose only raw power should be taken into account. As has already been noted, however, high-powered weapons exist outside of the melee class, and they should not be disregarded.

Razorblade Typhoon pretty much just disintegrates everything, but you'll need a way to keep up your mana in order to use it. Strictly speaking, the Sniper Rifle is the "strongest" weapon, with extremely high damage and base critical chance. An even more useless answer is to say that the strongest weapon is a Coin Gun firing platinum coins, because nobody could ever hope to sustain that. I'm not sure if it counts as a weapon, but the Bunny Cannon also deals extremely high damage, though I suspect the Sniper Rifle could surpass it with the right accessories and modifiers.

o_O I haven't seen stuff like this since the Terraria Steam forums, heh heh heh. Kind of why I left 'em.

But not to be a hypocrite, here's something on-topic: Terra Blade is questionable on console because it lacks auto-swing (unless they changed that in a patch when I wasn't looking). Paladin's Hammer is good for fast targets and if you have good aim, Death Sickle is good for slow targets and obviously for its wall-piercing abilities.
Now, the thread title asks for "strongest" weapon, rather than 'best' weapon, so I suppose only raw power should be taken into account. As has already been noted, however, high-powered weapons exist outside of the melee class, and they should not be disregarded.

Razorblade Typhoon pretty much just disintegrates everything, but you'll need a way to keep up your mana in order to use it. Strictly speaking, the Sniper Rifle is the "strongest" weapon, with extremely high damage and base critical chance. An even more useless answer is to say that the strongest weapon is a Coin Gun firing platinum coins, because nobody could ever hope to sustain that. I'm not sure if it counts as a weapon, but the Bunny Cannon also deals extremely high damage, though I suspect the Sniper Rifle could surpass it with the right accessories and modifiers.
Terra blade does have autoswing, but it's still an inferior sword to most "endgame gear". I'm pretty sure that the coin gun with plat coins has the highest base dmg. If you have an effective money farm (I'm looking at Mappy's pumpkin moon farm, 255 platinum per night (you're supposed to use last prism but razorblade typhoon should be able to replace it, conveyerbelts are neccesary for loot though, so I'd imagine you could only get around 100 plat on console)

Terra blade does have autoswing, but it's still an inferior sword to most "endgame gear".

Inferior sword to what? It swings faster than the horseman's blade and has a higher base damage to boot. Talking strictly about console there is no better broadsword for everyday usage.

Now just talking about weapons power (under normal circumstances) the strongest weapons are the:
Shortsword: Platinum Shortsword -_-
Broadsword: Terra Blade (sorry The Horseman's Blade)
Spear: The North Pole
Flail: Flairon
Boomerang: Paladin's Hammer (will be bested by Possessed Hatchet in the next update)
Magic (homing): Razorblade Typhon/Bat Sceptre (I like Bat Sceptre more because it eats less mana)
Magic (rapid-fire): Razorpine
Magic (pierce): Nimbus Cloud/Rainbow Gun
Bow/Repeater: Tsunami/Pulse Bow
Gun (per-shot): Combat Shotgun
Gun (rapid-fire): Chain Gun/Candy Corn Rifle
Launcher: Snowman Cannon
Summoner (minion): Tempest Staff/Raven Staff/Pirate Staff/Optic Staff (these are the best staffs that follow specific AI and are the only ones you should worry about).
Summoner (Sentries): Staff of The Frost Hydra/Spider Queen Staff (you can have both active at once so why not use both :)).

Inferior sword to what? It swings faster than the horseman's blade and has a higher base damage to boot. Talking strictly about console there is no better broadsword for everyday usage.

Now just talking about weapons power (under normal circumstances) the strongest weapons are the:
Shortsword: Platinum Shortsword -_-
Broadsword: Terra Blade (sorry The Horseman's Blade)
Spear: The North Pole
Flail: Flairon
Boomerang: Paladin's Hammer (will be bested by Possessed Hatchet in the next update)
Magic (homing): Razorblade Typhon/Bat Sceptre (I like Bat Sceptre more because it eats less mana)
Magic (rapid-fire): Razorpine
Magic (pierce): Nimbus Cloud/Rainbow Gun
Bow/Repeater: Tsunami/Pulse Bow
Gun (per-shot): Combat Shotgun
Gun (rapid-fire): Chain Gun/Candy Corn Rifle
Launcher: Snowman Cannon
Summoner (minion): Tempest Staff/Raven Staff/Pirate Staff/Optic Staff (these are the best staffs that follow specific AI and are the only ones you should worry about).
Summoner (Sentries): Staff of The Frost Hydra/Spider Queen Staff (you can have both active at once so why not use both :)).
1. Possessed Hatchet is already in console
2. It's "tactical shotgun"
3. In normal circumstances, you forgot about scourge of the corrupter, vampire knives (unless you're fighting duke fishron or pumpkin/frost moon, you want dragon/beetle (scale mail) armor)
4. Shroomite armor with the piranha gun is the best gun in console because if you sent the piranha out while in stealth, you keep the damage buff while you walk (not as good as chaingun/candycorn rifle for everyday usage, better for single targets with high HP (bosses)) btw coin gun + platinum coins has highest base dmg in the console version (bested by some endgame gear from moonlord in 1.3), making it the strongest when only counting raw power. Also it has a very high fire rate, making it a great weapon to switch to when in trouble.

1. Possessed Hatchet is already in console Possessed Hatchet gets buffed in 1.3 (auto-fire + multiple hatchets)
2. It's "tactical shotgun" Apologies, though it isn't a big deal. Console only has 3 shotguns.
3. In normal circumstances, you forgot about scourge of the corrupter, vampire knives (unless you're fighting duke fishron or pumpkin/frost moon, you want dragon/beetle (scale mail) armor) Both are obsolete by time you get them.
4. Shroomite armor with the piranha gun is the best gun in console because if you sent the piranha out while in stealth, you keep the damage buff while you walk (not as good as chaingun/candycorn rifle for everyday usage, better for single targets with high HP (bosses)) btw coin gun + platinum coins has highest base dmg in the console version (bested by some endgame gear from moonlord in 1.3), making it the strongest when only counting raw power. Also it has a very high fire rate, making it a great weapon to switch to when in trouble. True but they have no place in "the strongest" because they require ludicrous setups to work (Coin gun requires too much grinding end-game events despite being an early hardmode weapon and the piranha gun just sucks...).

Possessed hatchet may get buffed in 1.3, but it already has higher damage and range then paladin's hammer.

Possessed hatchet may get buffed in 1.3, but it already has higher damage and range then paladin's hammer.

Damage is the exact same (Paladin's Hammer slightly better in the next update). The Paladin's Hammer is better for now though due to it's insane speed and piercing.

It depends on the situation, but hatchet is generally better because 1. It's homing 2. It has longer range 3. It's a common drop unlike the paladin's hammer which requires farming paladins in the dungeon along with many other enemies which is difficult to survive for players who don't have full beetle and a decent weapon which already is equal or better than the hammer

Back
Top Bottom