What is your swear-by-it weapon?

This has been said already, but... Vampire Knives. That's the one weapon I can use reliably in almost every single situation. Almost. I'm looking at you, Moon Lord.

The Horseman's Blade used to be my favourite weapon. And then the 1.2.4 happened, and the Terra Blade gained autoswing. I still use the latter even after beating the Moon Lord. The constant meowing when using Meowmere just drives me crazy.

And if we're also talking about Summon Weapons, then the Stardust Dragon Staff is a pretty obvious choice.

UZI

Since droprates are now much better for it, you can just go to Jungle and farm Angry Trappers right at the start of Hardmode. As a result you get a damn fine weapon(in expert it actually outdamages Megashark severely thanks to armor system) and ammo isn't a problem with musket pouch.

This has been said already, but... Vampire Knives. That's the one weapon I can use reliably in almost every single situation. Almost. I'm looking at you, Moon Lord.

The Horseman's Blade used to be my favourite weapon. And then the 1.2.4 happened, and the Terra Blade gained autoswing. I still use the latter even after beating the Moon Lord. The constant meowing when using Meowmere just drives me crazy.

And if we're also talking about Summon Weapons, then the Stardust Dragon Staff is a pretty obvious choice.

Since I've yet to see a single biome key after 1.3, I've kinda forgotten about the biome weapons in general though it'd be nice if I'd find a hallowed key for the achievement someday without having to cheat it in. As for Horseman's Blade, I was never sold on it because of the fact you must actually hit something to get the projectiles to spawn.

@MaximumPingas

and ammo isn't a problem with musket pouch.

Dude! I didn't even know about that item, lol. One of those 'hidden' items that were never mentioned anywhere, lol. I might have to give a gun playthrough a try now that I know about it. Well, that is, once I get to the dungeon and get at least a phoenix blaster as guns before it are horribly lacking...

Dude! I didn't even know about that item, lol. One of those 'hidden' items that were never mentioned anywhere, lol. I might have to give a gun playthrough a try now that I know about it. Well, that is, once I get to the dungeon and get at least a phoenix blaster as guns before it are horribly lacking...
Corruption world > Musket. An Unreal Musket does 33 damage. It tears thru prehard mode like nothing.

Phoenix blaster w/ meteorite bullets. This with crimson armor was my last hope, as I remember.
I was fighting the wall until my bridge ended. I began to spectre boot & magic carpet, but i fell in lava. Legit had 1 health!
In my desperation, I fired backwards hoping for the best, and it hit. And it killed. And whoa was I lucky.

Corruption world > Musket. An Unreal Musket does 33 damage. It tears thru prehard mode like nothing.

It is also ridiculously slow unless they also buffed the firing speed. And usually, the next thing I do after EoW is dig a hellevator, and get myself a fiery greatsword which does way more than 33 and swings faster than a musket shoots, lol.

For pre-hardmode, I'd have to say Katana, fast, autoswing, and boosted crit, it tears through the EoW and basically any ground bound mobs. Heck my progression for pre-hardmode swords was Copper shortsword > Ebonwood sword > Katana > Night's Edge. I considered switching it out when I got the Muramasa, but the knock back is bleh. If you can get an enchanted sword, it's superior in every way, but hey, that is one helluvah rare sword compared to the Katana.

Early hardmode, Phoenix blaster by far. It really helped keep those heavy hitting hardmode enemies off me and allowed me to hide and fight back if I ever needed to. Heck, I killed my first few Wyverns with it.

Post-Plantera, Paladin's hammer all the way. Great damage, infinite pierce, and incredibly reliable. I'll swear by this weapon in almost all situations. It just can't go through walls :v

Also it's a hammer <w<

And for the new endgame, Solar eruption. It's kind of like a weird mix between the Paladin's hammer, a death sickle, and a chain knife, resulting in an incredible weapon for invasions and similar. However, lots of collateral damage and it lacks the precision of the Paladin's hammer and the Aoe of the Death sickle kinda make it less attractive to me. But hey, it frees up some inventory space for exploring and such.

Why'd it have to be a chainsword.....

It is also ridiculously slow unless they also buffed the firing speed. And usually, the next thing I do after EoW is dig a hellevator, and get myself a fiery greatsword which does way more than 33 and swings faster than a musket shoots, lol.
It's slow, but it has decent knock back for a gun and can kill most things in expert with 2-3 shots pre hard mode. Bosses are give and take. Good against Eye and Brain, bad against Skeletron and EoW

These are weapons I usually use and recommend:

Early pre-hardmode: Vilethorn (for EoW), Enchanted Sword (if you're lucky).
Mid pre-hardmode: Water Bolt (multiple piercing makes it effective against enemies and bosses), Minishark (good for bosses).
Late pre-hardmode: Night's Edge, Phoenix Blaster and Hellwing Bow are effective when fighting WoF.

Early Hardmode: If you've got Crimson, the Bladetongue is pretty powerful if you're lucky with fishing. It can do about 70HP without modifiers because of its Ichor debuff. Amarok is quite fine if you want to hit multiple enemies from a "resting place", good when your HP is getting low. Ice Bow is a powerful bow if you're lucky while killing mimics. The hallow mimic has a good bow too.

Mechanical Bosses:
- For Destroyer, a good combination of Golden Shower + Gungnir is good. Spears are effective against him and you can hit him from below. Nimbus clouds and some fast and powerful weapons like the Uzi are good.
- For The Twins, a Megashark with crystal bullets is pretty good. Some high velocity weapons would help.
- For Skeletron Prime, I'd suggest a Megashark with Ichor or crystal bullets. Any other stuff inflicting ichor could help too.

Plantera: Megashark with chlorophyte bullets are good. If you prefer meele, you can use a stack of 5 Light Discs (but watch out for the seeds). Terra Blade or Death Sickle are very good choices.

Post-plantera: Terra Blade + Death Sickle too. The Possessed Hatchet is a great weapon for a Martian Invasion. The Paladin's Hammer is good and it pierces. If you've got Crimson, Vampire Knives will help you a lot. Razorblade Typhoon and Flairon are also good choices for some battles.

Lunar Events: Daybreak, Solar Eruption, Phantasm, Nebula Blaze and the Stardust Dragon are great weapons from this tier. Their DPS can be extremely high.

Post-Moon Lord: Star Wrath (for bosses), Meowmere (when fighting ground enemies), Last Prism (high DPS), S.D.M.G. (extremely fast and efficient with chlorophyte bullets).

Quite big list, but these are weapons I like to mess with.

I'm also going to add one melee weapon that turns hardmode into a butterslide

Shadowflame Knife

Fast, incredible DoT, bounces off the enemies making it pretty good against crowds and big creatures, works perfect with any flask, relatively easy to acquire

Well, Since everyone is suddenly saying their swear weapons by progress (thanks Milt), I gonna give it a go too:

Pre-hardmode: I'm quite a big fan of the Starfury, It helps me with fighting and discovering new caves, And since it's early obtainable (ropes + umbrella lel)
And even when I'm swapping it for a Blade of Grass or fiery greatsword, It's still very useful when discovering caves, or staying at a safe spot, killing enemies like Ice Golem.
Early Hardmode: Shotgun, if I didn't got the Clockword Assault Rifle, then I'm going for the Shotgun, Shotguns are directly available when I killed the WoF a great start, and It's always fun to kill enemies with a bullet spread right in the face. and seeing them flying away while I'm pumping for another shot makes it just totally awesome.
Post-Mech: Light Discs, I've heard of the buff, and I've loved them already from the begin, It has been a great weapon during my melee and thrower playthroughs,
Post-Plantera:What else can I say? Terra Blade Still stays as my favorite.
Post-Golem: Tactical shotgun, when it drops, then it's an awesome weapon.
Endgame: The Solar Eruption, I'm seeing this as the special weapon I need to use it's power, and then set it in peace. I Imagine it as the Master Sword.
I don't keep it as my main weapon, it's random swings are too annoying to use for me, I rather have accurate green Lazors do to the job.
(It pernamently replaces my Death Sickle however :p)

Daedalus Stormbow, straight after hardmode it's super easy to get and is able to destroy the mechanical bosses with holy arrows.

I use the Vortex Beater with Chlorophyte Bullets. I defeated the moon lord with this and all I have to do is just dodge the attacks and the gun homes in!

Back
Top Bottom