What is your swear-by-it weapon?

Death Sickle
Oh, how I wish there was a stronger version of this weapon...
The new version of this is Solar Erruption. It goes thru walls, and has better damage and range.

My Go to Favorites are The Horsemans Blade, Paladins Hammer, Raven Staff, Vampire Knives, and Sniper Rifle. New favorites are Solar Erruption, Stardust Cell/Dragon Staffs, Xeno Staff(I suggested this one in a thread on the forums and they made it, giggiddy. The UFOs are cool, but I meant it should summon the Xenomorphs that look like the Space Creature Costume like they were Pygmys that would spit acid instead of throwing spears. Still uber awesome when I saw the name in there.), and the Drill Containment Unit. Anybody else fought a boss in there Drill ride yet... ?

The new version of this is Solar Erruption. It goes thru walls, and has better damage and range.
It doesn't work quite the same. It's sometimes inaccurate, since it goes forward and tilts very oddly... Looks and attacks very weird to me, making me somewhat dislike it. Also it isn't a scythe, which is my favorite type of weapon, and the magic scythes travel forward and stop, which could be very useful when you place the magic scythes well.

It doesn't work quite the same. It's sometimes inaccurate, since it goes forward and tilts very oddly... Looks and attacks very weird to me, making me somewhat dislike it. Also it isn't a scythe, which is my favorite type of weapon, and the magic scythes travel forward and stop, which could be very useful when you place the magic scythes well.

Fair enough. I prefer Scythes as well, and really really really wish they would put Soul back in as Death Scythe (Change the spell to Reaper Wave or something, I dunno or care, lol) and make it an Upgraded version of Death Sickle.

Hmmmmm... i will have to use my classic terraria pre-hardmode weapon combo

Enchanted Boomerang (this thing is Op when you first find it) and a Handgun, both can be upgraded once you get some hellstone

Alas, soon they will be replaced by the Abyss Greatsword ;)

Edit - Awwwww F-yeah my dragon has wings... this community = +1

I can't believe I forgot about Scourge of the Corruptor!

In well over 1,000 hours of playing Terraria since 2011 (largely solo, although I often meet/build with a friend or two via TerrariaServer.exe), it is by far my favorite weapon overall. I think it's sorely under-utilized. Reasons:

• with Fire Gauntlet/Flask of Ichor, lights up entire caverns and destroys vines and plants (further increasing visibility) while exploring
  • great at clearing enclosed areas of enemies without having to concentrate too much (not sure about Expert, been playing with the new weapons since 1.3)
  • surprisingly good in PvP, despite the lack of homing against players; on the rare occasions I've been on servers, someone often ends up challenging me, and I very often win; luring them into an enclosed area helps, but is by no means required (again, this is pre-1.3 experience)

If I had to choose one weapon to keep, SotC would be it, even though its shine has worn off a bit with all the new weapons out there.

Well, yeah, Last Prism is nice (no mana problems with right gear, no dmg-loose), but I prefer the yoy of doom: Terrarian! Take your yoyobag & co. and you will burst every single spot down. Good bye, Moonie.

I know it's almost impossible to get, but the Rod of Discord gives you a movement spike that I find waaaaay too good to ignore, if you get one, use it no matter what.

A lot of people going with endgame items like Last Prism, Lunar Flare and Solar Eruption.

C'mon, people. Like, DUH. Endgame stuff is gonna be the freakin' bee's knees that sh*t's obvious.

Me? I have two for Mages.

Demon Scythe and Magnet Sphere.

MAGNET SPHERE, MAGNET SPHERE, MAGNET SPHERE!

634 damage ftw.
Or more~ Gotta love when your sniper crits proc 1k+ damage. :dryadwink:

Me? I have two for Mages.

Demon Scythe and Magnet Sphere.

MAGNET SPHERE, MAGNET SPHERE, MAGNET SPHERE!
A man after my own heart! :dryadhappy: Demon Scythe and Magnet Sphere have to be two of my absolute favorite magic weapons of all time, and with good reason! They're both mage musts if you ask me. Furthermore, it's worth it to reforge one's Demon Scythe to Mythical as soon as one can, because if you pick up a Demon Scythe, and you get used to it, I promise that you'll be able to and will use it for a very long time...I know I do! :dryadgrin:

Star Cannon. Unless I'm playing with a dedicated mage who needs the stars, then it's either the Clockwork Assault Rifle or the Phoenix Blaster.

Terra Blade, no matter how powerful the other swords are.

I just love it's awesome design.

EDIT: There's also a reason why I rather Prefer the Terra Blade than any other end-game weapon. you only need those to beat the celestial events and Moon lord...and that's it. all other enemies in the world as still as strong as normal, why should I ever use an even more powerful sword against those?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom