What was your first encounter with the dungeon guardian like?

What was your first encounter with the dungeon guardian like?

• It totally surprised me. I was actually startled.

Votes: 87 60.0%
  • I wan't expecting it, but it didn't phase me at all when it happened.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I knew about his existence before I got to him myself, so the surprise was ruined for me.

Votes: 45 31.0%

• Total voters
*dungeon guardian kills me*

*i get close to a heart attack*

yes really, i nearly got a heart attack.

Well I need new underwear after going through my whole lot... Also lost my man card... With which I seem to lose a lota lot

I had read the wiki, so I knew it was coming. Thing is, I was playing mobile where he doesnt make any noise. All I wanted was to see what he looked like, because I had the wiki translated to an app on my iPad, with no pictures. When I saw a giant ghost skull of death, I quit the game for about a week...

Then I kept playing, got a blade of grass and thorn chakram and rekt skeletron

While I unfortunately can't remember my first encounter, I DO remember a some-what more recent one.

Console 1.2's patch had just recently came out, fixing the unstable update.
After I eagerly downloaded it, I started a brand new playthrough in a 1.2 world.
After a day or so, I was exploring the Crimson chasms, trying to break another demon heart so I could get...I forgot what, but I was trying to get SOMETHING.
Well, I went halfway into the pit of the vile demon heart, only to discover the game "glitiching" as I thought originally.
The music randomly changed to the dungeon's theme, then I heard the nightmare-inducing roar that we've all come to despise with every ounce of our souls.
I tried to run, but a recently made character is no-match for a monster that no-one is meant to fight.
After I was obliterated, I wished to have my revenge, so I grinded and grinded, eventually becoming powerful enough fight Skeletron.
I fought him, wrecked the poor fool, and jumped into the darkness below.
I later discovered that the dungeon guardian spawned because there was a random REALLY LONG hallway leading underneath the crimson, and apparently that one demon heart just happened to be closest.

i was not surprised at all I mean if you play as many games as me you don't go in a dungeon with out some guardian or boos so I went in out of curiosity and not to my suprize I got owned but now I got my revenge and I have 7 bone keys LIKE A BOSS

I think i S..t my pants. God it was very startling. Then i made it my life goal to beat that thing. And after 100 playthrews i did. (that was like the best minute of my life)

I can`t really remember as it was like 3~ years ago, but i do know it really surprised me as i was not expecting a big skull to 1hit me

I honestly didn't know it existed until I found out about it on the Wiki.

"So apparently that thing would've killed me..."

My first encounter was actually years after I first started Terraria. I knew that you had to defeat Skeletron to enter the Dungeon. However, when I was trying to get a Water Bolt, I didn't notice my death, so I got Jumpscared by Skeletron.

I saw the Water Bolt. I wanted the Water Bolt. The Water Bolt was deeper than I had believed. The NOPE that ensued was only a fraction of the price of my lost innocence.

Having watched a video before playing Terraria, I kinda anticipated the arrival of the Dungeon Guardian. Of course me being me, I searched for some resources close to ground. Stupid me decided to go down further. Where art thou Water Bolt?

Video or not, that bastard scared the hell out of me.

Few years later, I do a really good Shaggy impression. Well thanks DA.

I was kinda like this -------->:eek:

Nah, I was like this --------->;(

JK, I was like this------------->
lol.jpg

it was a dark day. I never knew i could scream like that.... i dont even get scared when playing jump scare games but this got me.

It was the morning of a new school day, and I was taking a dump while playing Terraria. Since my first playthrough of Terraria was on mobile, this was where I discovered the dungeon guardian. For some reason, I talked to the old man at night, and I didn't see the option that said Curse, I thought the old man was just someone that warned you that the upcoming road is dangerous. I dove into the dungeon, when the music started playing. I suddenly got a little creeped out by the song that played, and then came the DG, with his scream and his train of death and destruction. I died, dropped my tablet onto the hard tile floor (it cracked) and unloaded my bowels like never before!

The experience actually bricked my tablet, so only when I got PC terraria did I have a "rematch" with the guardian. The thing is that I still knew nothing about skeletron, so I geared up like CRAZY in an attempt that my new gear will let me kill the guardian. I even ended up with a molten pick, sword, and 1 piece of armor! Then I watched one of Yrimirs videos (the revenge of the fallen terrarians) and I found out about Skeletron, I took him out no problem, and it kind of made my first dungeon spelunk a little less exciting, although I still died a lot because I didn't know that water candles had to be taken out.

Since then I have gotten the Bone Key legit, (with and without the Tabi) and my next goal is to somehow kill the DG with Excalibur and then with all Pre-Hardmode items!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom