What was your most satisfying achievement in gaming?

I'd say it was the first time I cleared a Touhou game on lunatic (it was EoSD with Marisa A) or any super high Osu! scores, those are always satisfying.

Does owning Nintendo world championships gray cart count?

Anyways, my biggest achievement would be beating both of starcraft 2's campaigns on brutal, as well as the first games 6 campaigns, because they are already hard :p .

I have beaten every halo game on legendary difficulty solo, then also with all skulls on with a partner.
Bloody hell it was hard, one partner dies you had to go back to the last checkpoint, and on solo you had to restart the level.

So here's my latest "why do I even try this kind of crap" thing that worked...

Was replaying Borderlands 2, got bored, started over with Gaige, made a no-skill + white gear + no badass rank run.

For the ones who've played a BL game but don't quite know, that means not unlocking any skill (not even the first one, in this case DeathTrap) turning Badass Ranks off, and only using white gear.

Got up to The Warrior in True Vault Hunter mode, tried to beat it ten times and decided I'll try again when I feel like not beating a boss. %:sigh:

Still, yeah, got that far just with white gear.

So here's my latest "why do I even try this kind of crap" thing that worked...

Was replaying Borderlands 2, got bored, started over with Gaige, made a no-skill + white gear + no badass rank run.

For the ones who've played a BL game but don't quite know, that means not unlocking any skill (not even the first one, in this case DeathTrap) turning Badass Ranks off, and only using white gear.

Got up to The Warrior in True Vault Hunter mode, tried to beat it ten times and decided I'll try again when I feel like not beating a boss. %:sigh:

Still, yeah, got that far just with white gear.
That takes an amazing player to do something like that - wow.

Any 'achievements' I've accomplished in my gaming life have relatively tame compared to what I've seen here... As much as I probably need to, I hardly ever challenge myself hard enough to feel as though I'm in a losing position.

I do, however have a couple of instances where I did throw caution to the wind for a brief time (by my tame standards anyway).

Incident #1 involved pre-flee Plantera, a Mediumcore character using melee weapons, an arena that was built way too small, and limited time. Suffice it to say, I died not long after stage two of Plantera began, and then a plethora more times after that. I was only able to save the fight and my gear because I picked up a chance Nimbus Rod on the way to my arena, and it just happened to be the most effective weapon for when you die a lot.

Incident #2 involved the WoF, a speedrunner Hardcore character, underpreparation and a dodgy computer. So, I started off fine, with the lasers and speed of the WoF being quite tame at first, but come 1/4 health WoF, I was taking some serious hits. I go all the way to 2 health (or something equally ridiculously low), and the WoF is one shot from dying. At the last moment, my arena platform has run out and I'm stuck inside an Osidian house. I shoot, WoF rams me. And the computer promptly freezes. 10 seconds of agonising waiting later, I emerged victorious, going on to bigger and better things like attempting to speedrun Excalibur.

That was a mouthful. :confused:

Yeah, I play too much. I also have two boxes of EV trained stuff for competitive battling.
I also play much. I like it so much I have ended up with two RPs on this forum that are Pokémon based, and they're the only ones I own that are alive (the others died). Pokémon: Sky and Sea is going on strong, though. Fifty pages and much wall of text xD

Back
Top Bottom