What's your dream job?

Obviously, I'd be a video game developer, but maybe a bit more than just a dev.

Ever since I started learning how to create a music in a program called Cubase Elements 7, I always wondered could I create chiptunes?
(Chiptunes are what you commonly find in Terraria's soundtrack. :happy:)

I was originally going to just be (hopefully) a video game developer, but I was like all great people, inspired.

My inspiration, the great Waterflame;
This guy is way too good for the planet and has a variety of songs, some which are obviously, chiptunes.

I've always loved retro games and always loved music. Combine the 2 things together, paradise.

I could see myself as a programmer, but really couldn't see myself being a graphics artist. Even spriting is hard for me. :confused:

To cut a long story short, I'd love to be a video game developer and a video game music composer.

We'll just have to wait and see.

First, I gotta finish Coldplay - The Scientist if I'm going to get any where. :happy:

Several people have mentioned astronomy or astrophysics as careers. In college I minored in astrophysics. After a year and a half my advisor suggested dropping the minor and concentrating on electrical engineering.

At the time it seemed insulting but I had to admit that first, the maths had been getting mighty tough — I took to calculus like a duck to water, but found that solving systems of simultaneous differential equations was stretching the limits of my ability — and second, the number of positions available for such work was much smaller than the number of candidates for those jobs. I did as he recommended and have never regretted the decision.

If you're really, really good at maths and sufficiently dedicated to battling it out for a job in astrophysics, by all means go for it. Just keep in mind that it's a small field where competition can get every bit as cutthroat as, say, real estate sales or advertising.

As a postscriptum, I've done very little electrical engineering for pay. Nearly all my work has involved software in one form or another, sometimes interfacing to hardware but more often in "creative" fields. From what I can tell what I do pays a lot better, and I can work from a home office or even while walking in the woods. Life's funny that way.

Web Developer, specifically at the Phase2 Portland office. I did a job shadow there, and that office space is absolutely where I would want to work daily.

Reading through many of these I found out that many people want to become a game creator. Which to me is blatantly awkward.

What is my dream job? I'd say I'd like to be an Architect since I just love buildings and drawing. I just love the way you "plan" things out.

Honestly, in my current state I would say my dream job is doing something like working for DotaCinema or BeyondTheSummit and making Dota vids or casting games. Probably more along the lines of casting games, but making vids is up there too.

Oh, and doing lets-plays or other forms of game related activities on youtube. Too bad I don't have the time or the equipment. :(

Night shift security at a place with nothing worth stealing. So laid back I could probably sleep through most of that. Zzzz.

character designing/concept art for The Legend of Zelda series (if that even is a job).
the job i wanted since age 5.

Being an actor. Wouldn't matter what kind of roles I got, nor would it matter if it was voice/stage/TV/movie, all I know is that I love acting, and I want to do it for a living.

Home depot, hardware stores, anything with stuff I can build with. I am not made for advanced careers, like some people think. Sure I can learn it. I am capable of storing information. But would I be able to do something advanced? No.

Back
Top Bottom