Whats your most despised enemy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazFilip

Terrarian
For me it would have to be the newly added Nebula Floater's. I have absolutely no problems with anything else in the game, I find Moon Lord to be a cuddly little kitten compared to this beast.
The fact that he floats around anyway, shoots lasers at a decently fast rate with a good velocity which are shot not from the center of his sprite but rather his little eye minions around him makes it hard to predict the lasers path and to top all that off he teleports either at weird times for no apparent reason or in perfect time to dodge your attacks. Two of these usually always drop me from 500 hp down to 100 and I just cannot figure their AI.

A honorable mention would be Armored Skeletons early hardmode because of that nasty Broken Armor debuff that lasts for good 5 minutes.

How about yours, feel free to even make a list if you feel that motivated :joy:

Reactions: Nev
Nebula Floaters and the Moon Lord. I can easily kill all the pillars besides the stupid Nebula Pillar (solar is probably the easiest in my opinion), but the Nebula monsters are annoying. And the Moon Lord himself, I struggle against him with Solar Flare armor.

Nebula Floaters for sure! Then the little dudes that run fast on the ground with the brain suckers, don't remember their name. I'm playing expert ranged so when I'm up flying through the air shooting, the little bastards are so fast they are RIGHT there where I'm going to land, :red:s!

InB4 Gastropod.

Pigrons are my bane - Ususally they are barely visible and are just generally annoying.

If anything, it has to be those nasty Crawltipedes. I can go through the entire game, barely dying to any of the enemies, minibosses, bosses, or events, but as soon as a Crawltipede shows up, I'm nearly screwed.

Surprised this thread isn't full of Medusa hate

My most despised enemy is the Slime. While they are the easiest monsters in the game, they are also among the most annoying. First of all, they're pretty much everywhere. The surface, caves, Hell, and more all harbor some kind of slime to bug you. What's worse is that they're not even strong, they're there to annoy you. Fishing? Building? Organizing your inventory? There's bound to be a slime nearby to distract you. What's worse is that the Gel they drop becomes absolutely useless after a certain point, and it just begins to clutter up your inventory. This is amplified by the new event, the Slime Rain, where those guys literally fall from the sky just to annoy you, bringing with them thousands and thousands of Gel. While the Royal Gel does stop these guys from attacking you, you're sacrificing a whole accessory slot to not be bothered by the game's easiest enemy. It's also pretty boring to get. King Slime is basically just a big slime with the same AI. Who wants to fight that?

Also, :red: expert lava slimes.

Bosses notwithstanding, my vote goes to Wraiths/Reapers/anything that can phase through walls.

I wish I could build bases/NPC housing at ground level and feel safe doing so. :(

I don't have any real issues with that many mobs, but I'd say there's a group of mobs that I hate, and I call them ''The Blindfold Droppers''.
Everytime that I do a playthrough, and come to that frowned upon point where one has to grind for the Ankh shield, I just beg to the RNGods, that just this once, may the dang blindolf drop early, please. But alass, the most recent grind, I got my first blindfold on the darned 650th Dark Mummy, stacking up for a grind that lasted 3 hours...

From playing Expert Mode. Hellbats have to be my new nemesis being the only enemy in Hell that killed me (several times). All that gold I've gotten from killing bone serpents gone! from being knocked into the lava. Hoplites and Medusas also come close because they've robbed me of Mimic Fights and their cursed Javelins.

Anything small and hard to see when you're preoccupied with something else... It just annoys the absolute hell out of me.

My nemesis was the Crawltipede before I learned that they're friendly and cuddly if you stay on the ground.
Now it's Harpies, believe it or not. I have a sky base, and even with a Pink Peace candle there are about 7 of the things flying around my base like flies at any time.

Eater of Souls/Crimeras when I'm trying to explore with no armor/weapons at the beginning of the game.

Spiked Jungle/Ice Slimes for the rest of prehardmode. Thank you expert mode for the royal jelly.
Actually now expert mode Granite Elementals are mean to me in prehardmode... flying through walls and hitting me in the dimly lit corridors.

For hardmode... Gastropods and their long range lasers!

My nemesis was the Crawltipede before I learned that they're friendly and cuddly if you stay on the ground.
Now it's Harpies, believe it or not. I have a sky base, and even with a Pink Peace candle there are about 7 of the things flying around my base like flies at any time.
Add some sunflowers to your skybase, it will reduce monsters spawn :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom