When Biomes Clash

Discussion in 'NPCs & Enemies' started by zimberzimber, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Elk

Elk Terrarian

I liked the idea until the whole 'joining sides with one of the factions' part.
    I do really love the whole idea of things like the corruption and the hallow being at each others throats though, that does seem realistic in Terraria's sense.
    With the other biomes attacking mobs if they strayed into a different biome than their own like Ice vs Desert I can understand. Although I feel like all biomes should attack Crimson/Corruption as they are a plague on the world.

The thought of teaming up with the corruption just seems out of place in Terraria. The Corruption and Crimson are things that want to spread over the world and no pun intended corrupt it, they want to destroy and devour everything in their path and i doubt they'd care what some human has to say to them.
    I just cant imagine humans working with the crimson or corruption, the literal banes of the world.

I also always thought the reason the hallow creatures attack you is because they're mad you unleashed the full potential of the crimson/corruption, I don't particularly like the idea of straight up having them fight along side you, but maybe if you were to kill a lot of crimson/corruption mobs or cleanse parts of the world of it they would forgive you and could be passive unless provoked.

2. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

The Hallow is an evil, don't let its rainbows fool you.

Also this post is what I had to throw at relations, some agree with everything, some agree with only parts of it and I am ok with it, its a suggestion, and when it comes to suggestions I suggest everything possible.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  3. Elk

Elk Terrarian

Its alright, I wont let them full me

4. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

Damn typos, for some reason this happens to me a lot lately... :eek:

Bill Cipher and Elk like this.
  5. 14ercooper

14ercooper Steampunker

You have my complete support! This would add a whole new layer to Terraria!

6. I like the concept, hope that if it is added, it works out correctly. Support.

7. Squideer

Squideer Official Terrarian

In theory with your idea, If you summoned the Frost Legion, And then the Wall Of Flesh, Would they be forced to fight each other? I mean Fire and Ice are true opposites. (Basically what I'm asking is: Wouldn't it be possible to pit two bosses against each other?)

8. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

Like I said, bosses ignore and are ignored.

I hope so too, thanks for the support!

9. iDuck

iDuck Golem

So basically, enemies kill each other?

10. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

Yes, basically.

11. Grand Paladin Tyrux

Grand Paladin Tyrux Official Terrarian

I really like the idea, I'm not completely certain on how much I like joining a faction (In theory its nice, but I'm not sure how well it would work in-game), but overall this idea is really cool.

Evilgrapez likes this.
  12. Closterdad

Closterdad Official Terrarian

It would be nice to watch a small scale skirmish between beautiful creatures of the fabulous purple corruption battle the terrifying disgusting unicorns and fairies

13. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

It will indeed.
    (That's how I though about this)

14. DryCryCrystal

DryCryCrystal Plantera

Great ideas!

15. Haydenman2

Haydenman2 Steampunker

I'd love this but I can only picture the devs coding all of this in, I imagine this being difficult on them.

16. I already voiced support for this on TO, and I'm not about to change that. Because dammit, I want to live in Corruption. :V

(that and inter-faction battles are just fun)

17. Rh0mbus

Rh0mbus Terrarian

That would be impossible to code... The devs would go nuts. Anybody here know how hard it is to code? It is so damn hard.

MiningdiamondsVIII likes this.
  18. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

How do you know?
    What makes you so sure about it?
    Have to delved into the depths of the code and looked through the engine? I doubt it.

19. RainbowDrago

RainbowDrago Plantera

I can imagine my self in a battle killing stuff with benefits of battle potions and water candles

STUPID UNICORNS TAKE SO LONG TO SPAWN

20. Rh0mbus

Rh0mbus Terrarian

I've coded some things myself, but no I haven't. I love the idea, it just seems quite complicated.