Which Hardmode boss should I face first and how do i do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Sharknado

Eye of Cthulhu
So as some of you know, I just made it to Hardmode, and I've got full mouthful armor, the ice scepter thing that you get from a mimic, mouthful repeaters and all that, nothing titanium yet, I've got 20 titanium ore as of now, but I want to face a boss to get the hallowed bars for the pickaxe axe, oh yeah, I've also faced the pirate invasion, but for some reason the NPC hasn't moved in yet, back on subject, today I made an arena, the wood platform one like 6 layers tall, and I faced the destroyer, didn't make it more than 15 seconds haha, I don't know what boss to face, can you guys help me out? Who do I face, how do I face them, all that, thanks in advance!

I prefer to do the twins with lazer rifle(wall of flesh drop) and adamantite/titanium armor.
Use a long platform to fight em

You can fight any boss with the right preparation.
For the twins ranged weapons and wings are a must.
Get a Minishark, get a lot of crystal bullets, and make some long platforms at about sky island level.
It's about evasion and aiming.

Skeletron Prime might be considered a bigger painus in da :red:, people usually use magic against him. (I use flails)

For destroyer, Melee adamantite/titanium set, Cobalt/obsidian shield, just stand still and hold dao of pow at your feet. I used this setup and killed him 3-5 times a night back in 1.1. With the souls of might make megashark, then use crystal bullets and ranged armor on the twins. Same for skelly prime but with hallowed ranged set (without leggings of course) and you will win. Then craft your pickaxe axe and get some Chlorophyte.

For destroyer, Melee adamantite/titanium set, Cobalt/obsidian shield, just stand still and hold dao of pow at your feet. I used this setup and killed him 3-5 times a night back in 1.1. With the souls of might make megashark, then use crystal bullets and ranged armor on the twins. Same for skelly prime but with hallowed ranged set (without leggings of course) and you will win. Then craft your pickaxe axe and get some Chlorophyte.
You can't tank the Destroyer
He has too much HP, damage and armor for that.

I found The Twins easiest to do first. Get a set of wings, the highest-tier Hermes Boots you can muster up, Adamantite/Titanium armor, either a Minishark or a Clockwork Assault Rifle with Crystal bullets, and an Adamantite/Titanium Repeater with Cursed Arrows. The Twins are vulnerable to Cursed Fire, so that'll take down their health nice and steady.
Be sure to do it on the longest Skybridge you can make, so you have plenty of room to run. If you have them, set up a heart statue or two on a timer so you can come back for a small bit of sickness-free healing. If you want to use any magic weapons (Crystal Storm and Demon Scythe are good choices, but Golden Shower is also great if you're in a Crimson world) be sure to have a Crystal Ball from the Wizard nearby so you can charge up.

After you beat the Twins, the Destroyer is a piece of cake because you can craft the Magic Harp, with carves away his health in a minute or two.

EDIT: Sorry, I was a bit inconsiderate with not thinking about if you're in a Crimson world or not.
If you're in a Crimson world, Jester or Ichor arrows should work fine in place of Cursed arrows.

Last edited:
id prefer the destroyer first as hes easiest then move on to the twins then big bastard (aka prime). big bastard is the hardest as his attacks are quite strong though i think you should do the 1.1 strategy with multiple wood platforms for an arena, adamantite/titanium armor and a megashark but you may have your own methods

Quick guide to Destroyer:

1. Make a flat landscape with emergency platforms above
2. Prepare Repeater + Jester arrows, armour (adamantite/titanium), preferably with Magic Quiver, Ranger and Avenger Emblem. Don't forget potions too, especially the Archery Potion.
3. Initiate fight, find out which direction the Destroyer is coming from. Shoot along and hit as many parts as possible. The quicker you do this, the better.
4. If you do not kill the Destroyer at stage 3, proceed to evasive countermeasures and take the rest of its health down. It should at least have half health from stage 3.

I'm oldschool in which I fight the destroyer first since he is easy and gives you a megashark. Get titanium/adamantite or the tier below with a repeater and hellfire arrows. Get wings and a featherfall potion and fight, lanters/campfires/other buffs are optional and make it easier to fight him. A large flat area helps as well.

Destroyer is arguably the easiest, at least for me. A set of hardmode armour and some ranged weapons/melee weapons should work just fine, with optional potion buffs and easy maneuverability on platforms.

I'm oldschool in which I fight the destroyer first since he is easy and gives you a megashark. Get titanium/adamantite or the tier below with a repeater and hellfire arrows. Get wings and a featherfall potion and fight, lanters/campfires/other buffs are optional and make it easier to fight him. A large flat area helps as well.

Ditch the Hellfire, go for Jester.

In my last hardmode run, i killed the destroyer first using the Dao of Pwn, Titanum Glaive and the melee paladum set (the set bonus is op). Dont forget to take buff potions, those really make the difference! ;)

My arena setup was a simple little skyvridge built 20 blocks high. Also, camplanterns!

To kill him, you just need to make the dao hit as many segments possible each swing. Switch to the spear to fend off the probes and collect the hearts. Dodge the big worm and get flying high when he spams lasers.

This way, you may be able to take the destroyer down in a night.

Craft light discs or megashark after the fight, thoses weapons will help a lot when fighting prime or the twins. :)

In my last hardmode run, i killed the destroyer first using the Dao of Pwn, Titanum Glaive and the melee paladum set (the set bonus is op). Dont forget to take buff potions, those really make the difference! ;)

My arena setup was a simple little skyvridge built 20 blocks high. Also, camplanterns!

To kill him, you just need to make the dao hit as many segments possible each swing. Switch to the spear to fend off the probes and collect the hearts. Dodge the big worm and get flying high when he spams lasers.

This way, you may be able to take the destroyer down in a night.

Craft light discs or megashark after the fight, thoses weapons will help a lot when fighting prime or the twins. :)
Thank you! Any suggestion on potions? And how do I take his little guys out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom