Which Hardmode boss should I face first and how do i do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far people have given a lot of good advice but I can add a few tips. For the destroyer a flat area with some solid platforms above should help the purpose of the platforms is to block the bosses lasers. As for offense, you want weapons that pierce Nimbus rod is excellent as it lets you insure damage (even if you aren't a mage) but other weapons can be quite useful. For melee Dow of Pow, or a high tier spear would do quite well. For ranged get a good repeater w/ jester arrows or a gun (Gatligator, CAR, Uzi or Phoenix Blaster) with crystal bullets. in addition to the nimbus rod a mage loves to use the Golden shower on this boss. Lastly don't leave the probes around unlike before when they always gave health you will likely loose more health leaving them bee than killing them.

The next boss would depend of preference personally I take Skeletron prime out next as his patterns are simpler to handle but you might be a twins person (though unless you are a masochist don't melee the twins trust me...)
Thanks! I just took him out! What is a masochist?

Thanks! I just took him out! What is a masochist?
nice good job! as for your answer a masochist is someone who enjoys hurting them self... But some people play games like that, its their choice so whatever suits them.
For the next mech I usually make a Mega shark and use that to beat the twins. Additionally to could fight the destroyer a few more times for more loot (though if you aren't confident yet you could try and tackle the other mechs/ or if REALLY patient wait for pirates/eclipse to improve gear

For the last two mechs you will probably want a different kind of Arena as they require vertical mobility as well as horizontal(especially the twins they punish people who only have horizontal mobility)
some more rules:
Prime: focus down the hands that are most dangerous to your playstyle then ignore the rest and focus no his head I usually try to kill at least 2(usually the Vice grip and saw) then focus on the head

Twins focus on one of them never both it is very hard to win with both in their second form... This boss can still give me trouble at times I usually try to remove Spazmasatizm first as he is the more terrifying and harder to track down though you can focus on Retenizer to remove it from the picture just remember its very hard to doge in its second form!

Last edited:
Sweet! I was thinking of Megashark with clorophyte bullets,also, after what boss is it supposed to say the Jungle Grows Restless?
nice good job! as for your answer a masochist is someone who enjoys hurting them self... But some people play games like that, its their choice so whatever suits them.
For the next mech I usually make a Mega shark and use that to beat the twins. Additionally to could fight the destroyer a few more times for more loot (though if you aren't confident yet you could try and tackle the other mechs/ or if REALLY patient wait for pirates/eclipse to improve gear

For the last two mechs you will probably want a different kind of Arena as they require vertical mobility as well as horizontal(especially the twins they punish people who only have horizontal mobility)
some more rules:
Prime: focus down the hands that are most dangerous to your playstyle then ignore the rest and focus no his head I usually try to kill at least 2(usually the Vice grip and saw) then focus on the head

Twins focus on one of them never both it is very hard to win with both in their second form... This boss can still give me trouble at times I usually try to remove Spazmasatizm first as he is the more terrifying and harder to track down though you can focus on Retenizer to remove it from the picture just remember its very hard to doge in its second form!

Sweet! I was thinking of Megashark with clorophyte bullets,also, after what boss is it supposed to say the Jungle Grows Restless?

Can't mine Chlorophyte without a Hallowed Pick tool though right?

If you want to try a bullet that doesn't miss easily if aimed, you will have access to the Steampunker now.

Combine Gears and Empty Bullets to make High Velocity bullets. They move very fast, and if your cursor is on target, you will rarely miss.

id try to kill the twins first then get the magic harp
make a giant but not small box (like 30 x 20)
spam magic harp and try to dodge his attacks

id try to kill the twins first then get the magic harp
make a giant but not small box (like 30 x 20)
spam magic harp and try to dodge his attacks

Spazmatisms 2nd form could rip him apart though if he boxes himself in.

This is of course, possible only of you get mass amounts of regeneration buffs, Titanium armor and Star Veil

Guys! I did it! I beat the Destroyer! Then I beat Skeletron prime right after, the next night, woo!

EDIT: just took out the Twins, I think it's time for Planters soon, any tips?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom