PC Which Pillar do you find to be the most annoying?

Which Pillar do you find to be the most annoying?

• Total voters
solar pillar, definitely. those stupid crawltipedes are almost impossible to dodge or kill without a homing weapon as you can only hurt the tip of their tail.

Definitely Nebula by Far.

Vortex: The easiest. None of those guys can hit through walls.
Stardust: Second easiest, just wall yourself in to protect yourself from Flow Invaders, then Solar Wrath all the cells/weavers/everything else.
Solar: Not too hard at first glance, I stand on top of an elevated platform where Crawltipedes won't chase me (since I'm standing) , Selenians and Srollers can't reach me. But those goddamned Corites and their wallhacking ability...
Nebula: FULL of irritating ****. Brain Sucklers are fast, appear in numbers, move through walls, and facehug you to make vision minimum, Nebula Floaters fly and teleport around the place (I use Solar Wrath so I can hit these two through the ground), Predictors are just annoying, and it's impossible to stay in one spot thanks to the indestructible wallhacking magic balls that those Evolution Beasts spit out.

They all have that one enemy that is super annoying.
Solar= Crawltipedes. They attack when you are flying, are almost impossible to dodge, and do like 200 damage
Nebula= Nebula floater/evolution beast. Floaters teleport and shoot lasers...nuff said. It took me like 10 pillar events to realize that the orb that the beasts shoot was killing me.
Vortex= Alien queen. She :red:s up your gravity and makes you drunk.
Stardust= Flow invader. Shoots rockets and rains hell down when killed.
This is just my opinion, but I think most of you will agree.

Solar is the hardest 'cause you have to camp your butt on the ground, otherwise you get rekt by the OP caterpillars. But Nebula is by far the most annoying, dem brain suckers :C

I would hop on and say Solar, but after my full-mage playthrough, I realized Solar gets to be one of the least problematic as long as you get enough DPS to mow everything down before they can reach you. Nebula on the other hand is literal hate incarnated into laser madness. I've also been having some issues with the "shot everything on death" asses from Stardust, but that's as far as the concern goes.

Solar. If you go Beetle Scale Mail like me, then you have to have an insane amount of attack speed and DPS, because if you fly...
Whereas it's no problem for Mages if they spam Nebula Blast everywhere.
Bortex is pretty bad to, what with bullets everywhere.
EDIT: Vortex -_-

Nebula by far. Solar can be beaten by standing still and spamming something with high DPS. Nebula requires you to be constantly dodging lest you get hit by Brain Suckers, while hunting those teleporting Nebula Floaters and not getting too close to the ground lest Evolution Beasts murder you with multihit indestructible homing projectiles that go through walls.

For me, Nebula. That is because the only reward, two spells are stupid slow and outrageously mana intensive garbage. Made them, tried them out, never looked at their worthless icons again.

Solar (before 1.3.0.3)
I played in expert, and wherever the Solar Pillar spawn, it will become a graveyard. Scroller one-shot you, Crawltipedes kills you in 2 hits (Spectre Armor).

1: Solar: I keep getting hit by the Corites and they won't go away.
2: Nebula: Stop teleporting everywhere!
3: Vortex: Used to be semi-annoying, but then they fixed the gravity debuff.
4: Stardust: Oh no! Not the easily avoidable worms, and circles, anything but those! (extreme sarcasm)

Solar, 'cause crawltipedes. Nebula with those brain-eye thingies shooting lasers is annoying too, but Solar is more so.

On the other hand... Nebula, totally Nebula. Screw those teleporting eyes and beasts that shoot homing projectiles at you.

Last edited:
Solar is the EASIEST. Create a box a couple tiles thick around you player in mid air next to the pillar. Be sure your weapon can reach the ground. Hang a banner for each mob in solar biome and a heart lantern below your box. The meteor things only do ONE damage after placing their banner (Bug? Will probably get nerfed/fixed like every other cool glitch). You can break a one-tile wide hole in your box floor to shoot through if you want. I started with death sickle and made my box low to ground to reach mobs. I now use the flame extendo whip thing and it can reach much farther. Hold down mouse button until shield is down on pillar. You literally can't die. You regen faster than you take damage.

You might die when you leave your box if you can't reach the pillar from inside it, but it only has 20k hp.

Solar is the EASIEST. Create a box a couple tiles thick around you player in mid air next to the pillar. Be sure your weapon can reach the ground. Hang a banner for each mob in solar biome and a heart lantern below your box. The meteor things only do ONE damage after placing their banner (Bug? Will probably get nerfed/fixed like every other cool glitch). You can break a one-tile wide hole in your box floor to shoot through if you want. I started with death sickle and made my box low to ground to reach mobs. I now use the flame extendo whip thing and it can reach much farther. Hold down mouse button until shield is down on pillar. You literally can't die. You regen faster than you take damage.

You might die when you leave your box if you can't reach the pillar from inside it, but it only has 20k hp.

...Yes. Build a thick box around you so that you become a sitting duck for the wallhacking enemies everywhere. Excellent plan. /s

In all seriousness though, where would you obtain Solar banners before your first fight? It's easier to just build a long wood platform around 10-15 tiles off the ground. Crawlipedes won't target you, you have full 360-degree line-of-sight, and the Solars won't have any blocks to hide in/behind.

You're probably thinking of the Vortexians. Those can't shoot through walls.

(P.S. If anyone has found a way to neutralize the Nebula Pillar's general douchebaggery, please share.)

Back
Top Bottom