Hot Topic Will Console/Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

Mods are not coming to Console or Mobile any time soon, the reason being that the owners of the platforms (Microsoft, Sony, Google, Apple etc) require all apps/games to be reviewed and tested before they are run on their platform. Some are more strict than others - even updates must be tested this way. This means that in order for you to get your mod on the platform, ReLogic/505 Games/DR Studios would have to submit the mod's code for review by each company, which is not feasible for a huge number of reasons.

The only exceptions are for inhouse games made by the platform's developers, or huge AAA games that have their own agreements with the platform owners that Terraria simply doesn't have access to.

No, mods will not be coming to console or mobile any time soon as stated by admins and devs. In the future, please use the search bar to discover if a thread of the same topic has already been created. In this case it has, numerous times.

What if you place the mods like clamaty ind the game it self and you can download it as a add on or pack for console i guess that would be the game mire popular since minecraft was in 2018 that they bring mods for console
If you as devs take care about the updates in the mods than you can go with it on console or you give them free for 10 dollers or something like this as a add on and the mod creators and you as devs make money with it so playstation and xbox would become something for this
Hi @Xxpyroghost03 I moved your post into this already existing thread for the same topic. :)

Hey is it possible todo mods on consoles if you make it like add on for 3 - 10 $/€ and you devs can make money with that and can give a to the mod creator and the console and if you protect the server that its not beeing cursed with virus etc

Mods are run by the community, not the devs. Unless someone decides to make a console mod loader, probably isn't going to happen.

Mods are run by the community, not the devs. Unless someone decides to make a console mod loader, probably isn't going to happen.
Yea but what if the devs make a contrakt with the moder to simplify all of this so the devs can bring more people to this game and more people can play that communitiy content

Hey is it possible todo mods on consoles if you make it like add on for 3 - 10 $/€ and you devs can make money with that and can give a to the mod creator and the console and if you protect the server that its not beeing cursed with virus etc

I've moved your post into the existing thread for discussing mods on console/mobile as it is a common discussion topic and duplicate thread.

Honestly, I don't expect this to be a thing considering alot of consoles won't have the capacity to run mods for Terraria without tanking, but I would still love it if it did become a thing or was just considered.

It was considered, and rejected. But not for the reason you think.
Mobile and console companies put strict regulations on mods from my understanding, each has to be approved. It's just not feasible for either platform to have mods.

It was considered, and rejected. But not for the reason you think.
Mobile and console companies put strict regulations on mods from my understanding, each has to be approved. It's just not feasible for either platform to have mods.
Honestly, that makes a lot of sense, thanks foe letting me know fren :>

Back
Top Bottom