Hot Topic Will Console/Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

It was considered, and rejected. But not for the reason you think.
Mobile and console companies put strict regulations on mods from my understanding, each has to be approved. It's just not feasible for either platform to have mods.
Just make it paid there for Microsoft is making bank then it will be added

Just make it paid there for Microsoft is making bank then it will be added
But we would have to limit which mods are accepted anyway. Otherwise we would have an uproar on someone spending $x on a falsely advertised, or poorly made mod. A similar thing happened with the Steam Workshop, when you could sell workshop creations instead of them being free as they are now.
I just don't think it's feasible for a game like Terraria. One of the moderators here have said so at some point as well. If I ever get around to finding evidence for my claim I'll post it here.

Honestly, I don't expect this to be a thing considering alot of consoles won't have the capacity to run mods for Terraria without tanking, but I would still love it if it did become a thing or was just considered.
Hi @Axololtil I moved your post, and any replies, into this already existing thread for the same topic. :)

[staff edit to include original thread title]
Why can't tmodloader play in Nintendo Switch?

I finish game 3times so I need mode play.

Last edited by a moderator:
For several reasons. One of which being the restraints console/mobile companies out on mods. It's just not feasible, and has all but been confined to not be happening.

Nintendo is mean and won't allow mods on any of their platforms. That's why I call them NintendNo instead.
Sadly mods won't be coming to switch anytime soon if at all.

Also it is the hardware limitation:
The switch's specs (Nintendo Switch - Wikipedia):
CPU: ARM 4 Cortex-A57 cores @1.02 GHz
GPU: Nvidia Tegra X1
RAM: 4 GB
Internal space: 32 GB, expandable with up to 2 TB SD card

For comparison, my laptop has:
CPU: Intel (I only remember the base speed) @1.3 GHz
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics (integrated GPU)
RAM: 12 GB
Internal space: 512 GB SSD

and is pretty hard working if I have only Calamity loaded, task manager says TML takes 2-3 GB RAM and fans working. If I have my many more mods, my PC is at 5 GB RAM used for TML. So the Switch would be limited here.

Why not? We could have somthing like tmodloader or tlpro on xbox and switch! Or at least add an update to those consoles for official modding support. (even if its moderated and only has a few official mods like tlpro)

1. This is not possible in console due to the publisher's guidelines and rules, e. g. Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, ...
2. Some consoles, especially the switch, have limited hardware
3. TL Pro is an illegal modification for mobile because it has a pirated copy of Terraria. Also do not enter any public server with TL Pro since that has also hacks and you will be banned there on those Terraria servers.

Thats why it should be like a cool exclusive and built in for consoles like skyrim or minecract marketplace (but free 😎)

Why not? We could have somthing like tmodloader or tlpro on xbox and switch! Or at least add an update to those consoles for official modding support. (even if its moderated and only has a few official mods like tlpro)

There's a general thread for discussing the potential of mods on Console/Mobile. Your thread has been merged into it as we don't permit duplicate threads as a forum policy.

For the topic itself, a lot of it has been discussed throughout this thread already. There's several reasons why mods are impractical and unlikely to happen for console/mobile.

@Unit One @505Games @Redigit🌳 I think if things could be sorted out and made fully legal maybe 505 games relogic and tl pro/terlauncher could become partners and work together to fully make terraria mobile mod compatible which would make us mobile players extremely happy or maybe we could get tmodloader for mobile if unit one and even more surprisingly 505games sees this that would be awesome

@Unit One @505Games @Redigit🌳 I think if things could be sorted out and made fully legal maybe 505 games relogic and tl pro/terlauncher could become partners and work together to fully make terraria mobile mod compatible which would make us mobile players extremely happy or maybe we could get tmodloader for mobile if unit one and even more surprisingly 505games sees this that would be awesome
Hi @Ocrams boulder I moved your post into this already existing thread for modifying console/mobile (which is what TL pro does). You can read the first post for more details.

A mid class phone, for example the Samsung Galaxy A42 5G has these specs:
CPU: (only speeds) 8 cores @ 2.2 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
GPU: Adreno 619, an integrated GPU
Flash space: 128 GB, expandable up to by 1000 GB using a micro SD card

Calamity, Thorium would already hit the RAM limit

Dear Re-Logic,
Can you create the TModLoader for Mobile version. Just I would like to load the Calamity mod to this amazing game with official TModLoader.

P.S. Please rework the Golem.

Dear Re-Logic,
Can you create the TModLoader for Mobile version. Just I would like to load the Calamity mod to this amazing game with official TModLoader.

Hi @Kaktus788 I moved your post into this already existing thread for the same topic. :)

Dear Re-Logic,

I think, Calamity would be RAM wise too much for many phones, since the mod itself takes 2 GB RAM and phones have often only 4 GB RAM, of which 1 GB is always used by OS and phone services.

Back
Top Bottom