tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Discussion in 'Released' started by Scooterboot9697, Apr 17, 2015.

1. CorruptdWarrior

CorruptdWarrior Plantera

Hey, scooter. I'm glad you're working on the Metroid mod again, and I wish you the best of luck. I would just like to know, would it be too much to have an estimate on how much you've done since you started it back up? It'd quell my curiosity to see just how "slow" mod progress is going, if it even is slow.

2. Scooterboot9697

Scooterboot9697 Official Terrarian

Let's see, we've been working on this for nearly 5 months...
    Well, we've got most of the basic items in place. We have all suits up to Gravity currently (we don't have any Phazon content implemented yet, but that's the next step), and the Power Beam is fully implemented along with its addons, as well as the Missile Launcher. And basically all accessories are relatively finished (though, Spider Ball is still WIP). Joost has been working on a Chozo Ruins-type area that houses the Torizo boss.

My primary focus is bosses. Kraid, Serris and the Torizo are implemented and are basically "complete" until further notice; and I'm working on reprogramming Phantoon from the ground up...

All in all, I'd say we're at about maybe 40-45% complete until a release (maybe? not sure how extensive we want the first release to be).

I want to say the first release may be sometime next year, but I honestly can't say for sure.

trigger_death and Eli10293 like this.
  3. CorruptdWarrior

CorruptdWarrior Plantera

Oh, you're doing good so far! Keep up the great work!

Fauchderial and Scooterboot9697 like this.
  4. Demorticue

Demorticue Spazmatism

With the idea of Metroids being enemies, is there a possibility of Alpha, Gamma, Zeta, and Omega Metroids being enemies, instead, or, to make the whole "summoner weapon" thing simpler, as a single weapon that you upgrade through the course of the game in a similar style to the Spirit Mod's relic weapons?

5. Scooterboot9697

Yes, I do plan to add the other evolutionary variants of the Metroids (and even the Phazon variants). The Metroid pet, however, may just be a vanity thing in the beginning. After an initial release, I may put some more thought and planning into it (it may play an actual role in the Mother Brain battle, but that's still a ways away).

Demorticue likes this.
  6. Demorticue

Demorticue Spazmatism

Alright. Thanks for the info.

7. eduardokirbyfun

eduardokirbyfun Terrarian

Spreading news about the mod via discord, Don't know if this is good or bad but it'll certainly give it more hype (Just don't rush it because no one likes a rushed mod)

Scooterboot9697 likes this.
  8. Deep_Eclipse

Deep_Eclipse Terrarian

Have you considered putting this on TModLoader when it is finished?

9. eduardokirbyfun

Page 46 is where he picked up development to port into TModloader

10. f4iTh

f4iTh Terrarian

Is there a working download link for the mod anywhere?

11. Scooterboot9697

This mod is in the process of being updated to tModLoader, and thus there is no download link for it yet.

However, if you still want to play the old tAPI version, then here you go:

12. f4iTh

f4iTh Terrarian

Ah, perfect. I was looking for the tAPI version, should've mentioned that in my post. Thanks a bunch!

Scooterboot9697 likes this.
  13. eduardokirbyfun

Cheat menu for the tAPI version: https://mega.nz/#!goIy0bZK!aE0rFfXP4K2YY6eQxEnaJ4FxdZ_5lImU7Xw2CPCwu3g
    Contains 3 tAPI mod files: Shockah's base, Shockah's Fancy Cheat Menu Base, and Shockah's Fancy Cheat Menu Standard (Works on 14a tAPI version, Don't know if it works on any version above that)

EDIT: Few unobtainable/unfinished stuffs i found: Wavebuster, Dark Samus, Screw attack and the ice beam debuffs (Does nothing to the player)

14. Berix

Berix Terrarian

Good to know this is still being worked on, looks amazing.

15. JoseFett

JoseFett Terrarian

So.. This will be compatible with v1.3.5.3?

By the way... I need the Wavebank mod for these songs?

16. eduardokirbyfun

You don't, just go back a few pages and you'll find the updated wavebank

17. eduardokirbyfun

CHOO CHOO HYPE TRAIN

18. Wildfire

Wildfire Steampunker

I Can't wait for this mod to be finished. Until then, I just made a simple vanity power suit for myself. Keep up the good work

19. Deep_Eclipse

Deep_Eclipse Terrarian

is there an estimated release date for this mod?, super hyped.

20. Berix

Berix Terrarian

Soon:tm:

Scooterboot9697 and Joost8910 like this.