**REPORTED** [Xbox One] 1.4 Syncing Files Bug Thread (all new threads will be combined into here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this on Reddit, but haven't tried it yet:

Note this is only for if you just want to play, you wont have access to your saves. Including the next time you start the game and it wants to sync again. Hopefully a hotfix comes soon.

1. Start / menu button on Terraria -> manage game and add-ons
  2. Go down to save data, delete all save data.
  3. When the game starts it will try to sync your save data from the cloud. CANCEL the sync. It will ask if you are sure you need to QUICKLY move to the right and say yes cancel, or it will sync anyways.
  4. Play game.

literally pain; loaded game on by xbox one and it just doesn't load the synced files
will a fix be rolled out or not?
thank you.

Found this on Reddit, but haven't tried it yet:

Note this is only for if you just want to play, you wont have access to your saves. Including the next time you start the game and it wants to sync again. Hopefully a hotfix comes soon.

1. Start / menu button on Terraria -> manage game and add-ons
  2. Go down to save data, delete all save data.
  3. When the game starts it will try to sync your save data from the cloud. CANCEL the sync. It will ask if you are sure you need to QUICKLY move to the right and say yes cancel, or it will sync anyways.
  4. Play game.
as much as I'd like to try this I'd be too slow and lose everything I've been collecting over 5 years.

Program has been closed, reopened, console was then reset, still stuck on syncing files. I do have legacy worlds as well as previous update worlds.

Attachments

• 20210930_090424.jpg
    20210930_090424.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
Did you have to wait long after changing back to your other account? Or did the syncing files part go away quickly? Cause I just tried this and its a no go for me.
Yea, sorry, it worked one time for me, but then crashed. But I learned that accounts that haven’t played on the console will be able to play with their synced data without the bug occurring. I’m sorry to give your hopes up, I just experienced this.

as much as I'd like to try this I'd be too slow and lose everything I've been collecting over 5 years.
to my knowledge, it's only a temporary loss. Onces the sync issues are fixed, everything is back. I'm going to try it shortly to see if it works.

Restarting the game, as well as hard resetting the console didn't fix anything. This is the screen I've been on.

Attachments

• 20210930_091004.jpg
    20210930_091004.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 193
it seems to be having a problem converting the 1.3 save files to 1.4 that have a lot of content - my mum's account that barely played the game and didn't have any worlds loaded just fine.
Boyfriend is theorizing to just let it run to see if it's just taking a long time like converting our legacy saves to 1.3, remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom