**REPORTED** [Xbox One] 1.4 Syncing Files Bug Thread (all new threads will be combined into here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you REALLY want to play, I recommend signing in to or making an account that has not previously touched Terraria. You won't have your characters but a least you can play until the patch.

Hi all, the Dev team is working on it.

A workaround until a patch: Return to Dashboard, close application & relaunch. Title will now launch successfully, and the issue shouldn’t recur. If it still happens, try rebooting. If it still happens, report back here.
Tried those and it did not fix the issue. Still stuck on Syncing Files sadly.

If you REALLY want to play, I recommend signing in or making an account that has not previously touched Terraria. You won't have your characters but a least you can play until the patch.

Sorry to hear that. The team is working on it. If I hear of any other workarounds, I’ll post here.
The syncing issue doesn't happen with an account that has not played terraria before. Just tried and I was able to get to the main menu and play.

Went back to my main account and issue is still there.

To add to this as well. Started a new a character on the new account and world. Saved and exited after it loaded and restarted the game and I'm still able to play on the new account.

I found an current workaround, when I was inside the game with an new profile; I switch users at the title screen with my main profile and was able to access the game, even tried it with my sister’s account and was able to access it as well!

Update: apparently it only worked for one time on my main account. It seems that if you have played terraria before with your account, it means you can’t access the game because of the bug. However, accounts that have played the game, but not on your console will be able to login and use their saves.

Last edited:
On Xbox One edition of Terraria, like seemingly everyone else, stuck on Syncing files screen for ages
Tried restarting system, restarting Terraria and even restarting the router (Don't know why I tried that one) and nothin
Hope you can fix this soon

On Xbox One edition of Terraria, like seemingly everyone else, stuck on Syncing files screen for ages
Tried restarting system, restarting Terraria and even restarting the router (Don't know why I tried that one) and nothin
Hope you can fix this soon
Thanks @TheAwesomeGN it‘s being worked on.

I found an current workaround, when I was inside the game with an new profile; I switch users at the title screen with my main profile and was able to access the game, even tried it with my sister’s account and was able to access it as well!
Did you have to wait long after changing back to your other account? Or did the syncing files part go away quickly? Cause I just tried this and its a no go for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom