**REPORTED** [Xbox One] 1.4 Syncing Files Bug Thread (all new threads will be combined into here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far not to good, on my account i got a sync files glitch. So i went on my alt and it worked, graphics are amazing but everything about the ui sucks, its so confusing to navigate and the settings are all mixed up now

Except some of the extra info is not true! I was able to load right up into the menu and I have been playing Terraria since it launched on the xbox 360. I had old saves and 2 characters that i played with previously. including a world that was post moon lord. You don't necessarily need to use a new account.
Different info from different people may be still valid though. Different factors may be in play, so including as many details as possible is helpful as it will allow the dev team to sort through and see if there are any patterns to why it's one way for one player and a different way for another.

found a quick workaround without deleting everything, just make a guest account (home button: profile picture: add or create account is what is think its called) and play with that, you wont have your stuff but at least you can play for the moment

Different info from different people may be still valid though. Different factors may be in play, so including as many details as possible is helpful as it will allow the dev team to sort through and see if there are any patterns to why it's one way for one player and a different way for another.
good point. Im just trying to provide as much info as i can, and point out that some folks can get it to work, since mine worked for some reason.

I don't want to have to delete my saves, I've got the ocram mask and trophy from 360 and even souls of blight which are apparently unobtainable so I don't want to lose those, maybe having items like that have something to do with it?

If you sign into the game with an account that hasn’t played it yet it’ll work, but I don’t know what’ll happen if you then close the game and go back in with that account.

Any estimate on when the patch will be out?

They created a new Xbox account that had never played Terraria before, so they were able to load in.
You don't need to do that just delete your save file then when you load back in just decline the sync but beware it only works when you stay on terraria and no other game you can't disconnect from terraria at all and I don't have a problem waiting

I don't want to have to delete my saves, I've got the ocram mask and trophy from 360 and even souls of blight which are apparently unobtainable so I don't want to lose those, maybe having items like that have something to do with it?
It said in one of the posts when 1.4 for console was first announced that any ocram/console exclusive stuff would be removed so if that is your only reason for wanting to keep your old saves then it'll be gone anyway

Press start on home screen for terraria. Go to manage game and add ons. Scroll down to saved data. Then scroll down to saved data not delete all and select choose option delete everywhere. Restart game and have fun. Hope this helps. I believe all saves will be deleted permenantly but you should be able to play the game.

Press start on home screen for terraria. Go to manage game and add ons. Scroll down to saved data. Then scroll down to saved data not delete all and select choose option delete everywhere. Restart game and have fun. Hope this helps. I believe all saves will be deleted permenantly but you should be able to play the game.
Do you still keep in game achievements and stats tracked by xbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom