Your most hilarious / stupid death

back in 1.2.4 when the hypercart glitch was a thing I reproduced the glitch and flung myself to the west ocean so fast. I went "OMFG", because I had done it correctly, and died right after upon hitting the ground in the minecart.

Fresh into HM, my buddy wanders off to the left of my base while I'm prepping something on the right. Moments pass, and I hear him scream my name and something about a dragon.
Next thing I know BAM: Arch Wyvern pops onto the screen and wrecks me.
We spent several minutes alternating between damaging it and dying before we killed it.

I found my first Beehive in the Underground Jungle & was Grappling around placing Torches to light it up & prep it for when I would eventually have my first fight vs Queen Bee. I grappled to the underside of the middle block of the larva holding Platform & heard a squish... I was dead about 10 seconds later.

I had no clue at the time that Grapples could break Larvae... :eek:

Last edited:
I found my first Beehive in the Underground Jungle & was Grappling around placing Torches to light it up & prep it for when I would evntually have my first fight vs Queen Bee. I grappled to the underside of the middle block of the larva holding Platform & heard a squish... I was dead about 10 seconds later.

I had no clue at the time that Grapples could break Larvae... :eek:
Lol, i know, right? When i fought Queenie, it was completely by accident. However queenies getaway was too slow and she missed the getaway twice, leading to my success because she kept coming back. (ANd plowed through guide. *waves flag in anger* woo. He surivived.)

In early pre hardmode i built my way up to a sky island and instead of taking the platforms that built up, i decided to have some fun and jump into one of the pools of water underneath, long story short: LordHallow didn't bounce.....

Was just playing around after I had beaten everything, building cool stuff, and kinda just ignored the little damage that everyday hardcore enemies do, and before you know it, I was dead

Yeh for some reason I thought I was playing Mario and jumped on a slime too, thought I might bounce off it... hey ho!
This must be a common mistake because I remember doing that once and feeling stupid. I also remember comparing my attempt to Mario as wello_O

But my funniest was when I once managed to survive the bottomless lava ocean of hell with magic mirror and was pretty proud of that half heart or so life I had to spare until a wraith with a score to settle backhanded me and set me right:sigh:-_-...

One time I was in hell, and I literally fell out of the world. I didn't think it was even possible, but I stepped down and *Shwoop* I just went down. After a few seconds, my game crashed. Not sure if this is a death or not, as I took no damage, nor did I ACTUALLY die.

I was fighting a Solar Eclipse and it was almost night time when I thought to myself that I should probally use my money trough to quickly put away the 1 platinum I made as I was on pretty low HP and didn't want to lose all my money (was playing on expert mode so mobs pick up coins). And right when that thought ran through my head, Mothron came out of nowhere and instantly killed me. After that some of the Solar Eclipse mobs took my money and despawned a couple of seconds later because the night started. I have probally never wanted to punch my screen so badly when playing Terraria as in that moment.

(On mobile) My very first time exploring the dungeon, "I wonder what's down there..." (No boss roar or any sound) *Dungeon Guardian pops out of nowhere and does 9999 damage* "OH :red:".

So, there was this one time where I tried to fight The Destroyer for the very first time.

I was slain, as expected.

When I respawned, I remembered I have another, and goes for round 2 ASAP.

I forgot I'm still recovering health (8 hearts at the time). Got crushed harder than before.

After that, I facepalmed.

Back
Top Bottom