Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all..to those complaining about controls..you CAN change them as you like. YOU yourselves CAN actually CUSTOMIZE the controls to YOUR playstyle. In regards to the UI you can also turn autosave on or off depending on your preferences. Pipeworks didn't ruin the controls..they actually gave YOU the option of customization unlike the older updates which had 1 or 2 configurations at most. Once you have your personal setting you can play from there at your ease.

I do not see the point in getting upset on waiting longer on this update... Let alone practically rioting these forums, talking negatively about the company that’s literally trying to give you what you want regardless of how you feel.
I’m not bashing other people’s opinions on here, but I’ve seen more, more, and more of this pointless negativity on here, and it’s ridiculous to see people throwing a fit just because aforementioned company is delaying the launch to improve your experience.
I’ve waited just as long as everyone for this console update, especially when my PC got trashed...
Just relax, and be patient. It’s not worth blowing a fuse, or two. Especially when you still have the current version to play on anyway.
Like, for real...
I bet when it’s Q1 2019 and its still delayed people like you will be saying that, there’s only so long something can get delayed for before it starts to get tedious. Now I think I am allowed to be frustrated and the company themselves understand the frustration so you cannot say that I am wrong in getting upset over this delay. It’s annoying seeing people trying to destroy our opinions here on the forums and give us less reason to be annoyed at the delays. Why wouldn’t I be angry when I’ve gone through every other delay just to be delayed again as soon as we get close. Another unexpected delay happens and of course it’s worse when other people now have it and we don’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions on the forums so that means people have to right to be annoyed like me if they want to.

Greetings Terrarians!

We wanted to take a moment to share our plans going forward for PS4 & Xbox One.

Additional PS4 Hotfixes

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

Bug Fixes Planned For Next Update:

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where world changes would not save when auto save was triggered.
  • Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Multiplayer world overwrite bug
  • Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

As soon as we have submitted both updates to certification we’ll let you know.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.
[doublepost=1515331107,1515330884][/doublepost]been patiently waiting and will continue to patiently wait looking forward to the update just one question because I haven't heard anything about it will there be 4k support for the Xbox one X

Thank you pipeworks great work keep it up.

personal attacks are not acceptable
Unbelievable. How do you have the same bug with xbox again, and it hasnt even been certified yet? You have to re-submit it?! And you dont even have a date for when its going to be submitted? :red: this, im officially concerned about anything i see you're guys team attached to. What a joke. You seriously screwed xbox players, and not stop saying this :red: was out of you're control, anything to not take the blame. You guys submitted us late, you submitted us days before microsoft went on holiday, and then you chose to hold it for re-submission after seeing the issues with ps4 that not everyone is having. I have zero faith in anything you guys have to say from now on. ZERO
You greedy dirtbag. If you knew how much work it is to REWRITE an entire game and try to move all saves into the new version, maybe you'd be a little more grateful.

Nooooo... I have to avoid dyeing my Wisp-in-a-Bottle with Negative Dye? Dammit. Also, do we have to avoid dyeing ALL the slots, or only some of them?

Nooooo... I have to avoid dyeing my Wisp-in-a-Bottle with Negative Dye? Dammit. Also, do we have to avoid dyeing ALL the slots, or only some of them?
Not sure @Lex1253. If it were me, and I wanted the safest route I’d avoid all slots. Or, if you have time to play with it, maybe test out if only the hook slot does it or if only the light pet slot does it.

Your constant intent to troll has been noted, you're excused from this thread
This is well beyond the limits of what we will permit for posting here.

I don't care how pissed off people are, there are rules regarding the level of discourse on this forum. You all WILL be expected to abide by them, or you will lose privileges.

It's fine to be upset, and it's fine to be negative. It's not fine to be abusive.

He just sounds a little frustrated. That wasnt bad AT ALL compared to some of the other comments, so why did that weak comment trigger you so much lol??

Im starting to think Tunnel King is the person who suggested that very very stupid UI change.

Reactions: bam
Once again the UI change isn't actually bad. You won't get killed if you turn autopause on while you craft. It takes a bit of getting used to BUT at least everything is on one screen.

Honestly, I just want them to release it for Xbox One, idc if there are bugs in it or not. I've waited far too long and it's way past the point I wanted to wait. Get your heads in the game no pun intended and get it released before I just give up and play another game

Can't wait to try 1.3 on xbox one in 2019 when there are zero bugs and all code is 100% perfect. But in all seriousness i don't plan on playing the update untill the more notorious bugs are fixed so i can have a smoother experience with it.
I completely feel you but look at it this way there may be glitches that can be exploited

Hi! I have been lurking these posts of the release of 1.3 for a while. With the bug problems and the change of UI. I have the PS4 version, but haven't played it since a while before the update. Thats because I have bought Terraria for the PC since I reckon you would make "one terraria" and my not so high end laptop luckly runs it. Then with all these bug reports I just couldn't get myself to start up Terraria PS4.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to downgrade my terraria update for PS4? I don't want to play the 1.3 update and since I have terraria PC I don't see any use of playing on console since they will be made into the same "one terraria". I have Terraria ps4 on disk. Not sure if that matters because people told me the disk version is basiclly just a license for the game.

Hi! I have been lurking these posts of the release of 1.3 for a while. With the bug problems and the change of UI. I have the PS4 version, but haven't played it since a while before the update. Thats because I have bought Terraria for the PC since I reckon you would make "one terraria" and my not so high end laptop luckly runs it. Then with all these bug reports I just couldn't get myself to start up Terraria PS4.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to downgrade my terraria update for PS4? I don't want to play the 1.3 update and since I have terraria PC I don't see any use of playing on console since they will be made into the same "one terraria". I have Terraria ps4 on disk. Not sure if that matters because people told me the disk version is basiclly just a license for the game.
@Backaff, I’m not aware of any way to downgrade the version. The game will update if the console is connected to the internet.

Thanks mod for removing some of the trolls from the thread AND BANISHING THEM TOO THE SHADOW REALM.
@JellyMantis, the actions handled by forum staff is between staff and relevant members, and doesn’t need to be spoken of publicly. Let’s keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

I wish there was a way for the devolopers to set a progress bar that would automatically update as the update gets closer and closer to completion, like a countdown to a special event. Then us XBOX players could just sit there in anticipation, going through buckets and buckets of popcorn as we watch the counter like an action movie, the suspense rising as it slowly climbs to 100%, then it switches to the progress of the certification and the screen starts shaking and dramatic music plays as it gets closer to the final moment before approval and public release.

Everyone burning their words over the fiery lava pools of the Underworld, go make your own game if you aren’t content with the speed at which devs can humanly work. Great way to say thank you to the people who make a game you enjoy, really stellar. 10/10 on your comments, truely I am astonished at your apparent intelligence.

To the people working diligently on the console edition fixes, stay awesome, you are wonderful for bringing 1.3 to consoles. :dryadpassionate:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom