Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Loki

Geez... a LOT has happened on this forum.. I had a message typed out but apparently didn't post that references the other individuals concern regarding his/her daughters (sorry being lazy I just read the last three days of posts in one shot)... soo

First: your paraphrase was correct.

The SE worked perfectly on the boyfriends console.
Yes my new theory is purely that his system is 3 years old (I personally didn't think to look at the serial tag when I was there for the ACTUAL mfr date.) Mine was manufactured October of 2013. (Good golly has 5 years really gone by this fast?)

To the point I mentioned above regarding the map save progress... so I concur with his/her later theory of the cloud save purely for the rationale which i am about to test right now.. I played my saves on his console but the map progress was completely lost... every single time I left the world (post update new large world)my map reloaded as if it were a brand new world.

Interestingly enough however work that I did on his system the last 10 to 30 minutes of play time appears to be the ONLY part of the map now showing on my world.

My play time in NYC was limited and only tested the SE primarily. I was ONLY in single player mode not MP and apparently part of what I unlocked saved which is weird because I did world hop several times and at one point had shown him a ton of things to the left of the map before hopping to show him and test another world. (sorry I don't remember if those maps disappeared or not) but the maps saves are intact now.

Clarification:

the only world's that the maps are still intact on were legacy maps, one in hard mode and one pre hardmode.

About 30 minutes out of the 2 hours played in the New World post update saved the map that was unlocked in that session (I am estimating based on the amount of tunnel that is saved)

Okay. Posting this so I don't forget. The testing SE again now that I am home.

Okay.... I hate your job.

So I know it hasn't been a long enough test but SE is working perfectly right now. I am chilling (hehe) in the ice biome flying and illuminating my darkened map no issues. So weird because since I crafted the dumb thing it never worked right. Come up with a theory and even that fails to prove anything. %:sigh:

Seriously... we are all here upset about various issues and (sorry, but even I am guilty of it) yelling about how did this pass inspection before release... but truthfully without a massive launch or a huge beta test group how would the team know of any of these issues? Not to mention how none of them from the players perspective at least have anything in common for the trigger.

Idk... I am terrible with compliments and apologies and the like. What I am saying is that I feel for all of the developers and testers and any other role in the process of making a game like this.

Feel free to have me check anything else out, I will when I am free :dryadgrin:

Would be a good experiment - could just make a new one and see.

I made a new world, small size, to test it out. The results were... weird.

I went over to the jungle and let my summoned star cells kill bats and slimes, went down into the dungeon and the Corruption, even had a random goblin invasion (I broke shadow orbs to fight the Eater of Worlds while waiting for my friend to get online). Built up a nice kill count. Then I switched to mutliplayer and invited him. He was in the world with me for 5-10 minutes, then he left and I switched back to single player.

All the counts of monsters I had killed while playing by myself in SP had reset to zero. Goblins (I had another invasion after switching back, thank you RNG), jungle bats, eaters of souls, angry bones and dark casters... All were at 0 again.

BUT...

While my friend was in the world with me, we had a slime rain. Final tally was around 124 green slimes, 36 purple, 78 blue. No pinkies that we saw. When I switched back to single player, I ran into a green slime and killed it with the solar flare armor's set effect.

And the count said Green Slimes: 125

The counts while I'd been playing by myself reset, but the counts made while playing in MP didn't. I'll have to do some more testing tomorrow and see if it stays through more shifts from SP to MP and back. This whole thing has me scratching my head.

It's nearly March! I'm surprised that the Dev-Team was able to crank out so many updates and repair the UI issues. There were tons of submitted bugs by players, and it seems like round the clock work to solve nearly all of them. They have created a much happier customer base now. Great job testing this and allowing us to close the gap through substantial Beta testing prior to update additions!

.....wait.....wrong forum. Silly me, this isn't the Black Desert forum, and certainly not Minecraft!

If you've already started the event the only way to get rid of them is to beat the pillars and defeat the Moon Lord, or die trying. You can ask a friend or someone here to help you if you need to.
There's too many enemies with the pillars, the world is unsafe, is the only way to get rid of this is to defeat them? I didn't want to start the event.
[doublepost=1519846125,1519845874][/doublepost]
There's too many enemies with the pillars, the world is unsafe, is the only way to get rid of this is to defeat them? I didn't want to start the event.
This game is getting scary. I was just writing a message when my screen transformed into a deep red and it nearly scared me to death because I thought the pillars had found my home. It turns out that this is the new blood moon.

Love the update, feels just at home with the PC player (who can no longer play because their older laptop no longer runs it at >5 FPS) known as me. But I do have some questions:

1) Not seeing Dragon armor, Titan armor, or Spectral armor in the Traveling Merchant inventory, maybe just my bad RNG luck?

2) Do the Horned God, George's, and Fabulous sets still exist? If so, how do I get them (I edit for the wiki, so this is probably my most important question)

3) Plans for re adding pets and/or the old banners?

4) Sadly the Ocram Mask isn’t in Mobile, any ways you guys will compensate (Mobile still has trophy though, farming that rn)?
[doublepost=1519849198,1519849088][/doublepost]Also, are you guys going to balance out the backup-duplication method for Mobile? (Because, honestly, it’s overpowered, from a legitimate player’s standpoint)

Ok so now suddenly my UI isn't clear when zoomed in?

Oh? Mine still does it. Did you change anything? That would be a big breakthrough.

Ok, it is actually possible to defeat the pillars once you start recognising the enemies and you start playing. It does give you a good challenge and I do not think the negative comment shown above was needed. However there is one thing... How on earth are you supposed to survive with those snakes on the solar pillar one?
[doublepost=1519853027,1519852595][/doublepost]
When I said snakes, I meant centipedes. The crawler things in the sky, I forgot what they are called.

Don’t jump or fly. That’s my hint to you. ;)

Okay.... I hate your job.

So I know it hasn't been a long enough test but SE is working perfectly right now. I am chilling (hehe) in the ice biome flying and illuminating my darkened map no issues. So weird because since I crafted the dumb thing it never worked right. Come up with a theory and even that fails to prove anything. %:sigh:

Seriously... we are all here upset about various issues and (sorry, but even I am guilty of it) yelling about how did this pass inspection before release... but truthfully without a massive launch or a huge beta test group how would the team know of any of these issues? Not to mention how none of them from the players perspective at least have anything in common for the trigger.

Idk... I am terrible with compliments and apologies and the like. What I am saying is that I feel for all of the developers and testers and any other role in the process of making a game like this.

Feel free to have me check anything else out, I will when I am free :dryadgrin:

Yep. Such is Terraria lol. No apologies needed - this is how we find and fix what is needed. :)

I just hope it stays fixed - in which case I will have to blame these guys once again:

61174940-1798-469D-A155-BFBC844514FA.jpeg

Also, are you guys going to balance out the backup-duplication method for Mobile? (Because, honestly, it’s overpowered, from a legitimate player’s standpoint)

Unlikely. Honestly this is no different than similar methods on pc if people choose to cheat themselves of a legit experience. The safety of backups outweighs the risks of duplication exploits.

It's nearly March! I'm surprised that the Dev-Team was able to crank out so many updates and repair the UI issues. There were tons of submitted bugs by players, and it seems like round the clock work to solve nearly all of them. They have created a much happier customer base now. Great job testing this and allowing us to close the gap through substantial Beta testing prior to update additions!

.....wait.....wrong forum. Silly me, this isn't the Black Desert forum, and certainly not Minecraft!

Bugs first - and the first waves were focused on stability - then feedback items. Hopefully soon.

It’s all subjective. I imagine you played Terraria on PC. I never have. And my personal vision is decent, but bad enough that I must play fully zoomed in for the game not to be a blurry mess on my TV, a 49” 4k tv.

The UI we had before WORKED in this situation. It was clearly made for console use. The one we have now, at full zoom, is not usable to me.

If they manage to fix it so that I feel like I can use the menus at full zoom, I will be happy even if it is never as good in my eyes as what we had. If they don’t, then I’ll simply stop playing. I don’t want to. My group built a city that spanned a quarter of the map once. But if I feel the devs do not care about my experience then I will move on, and remember that when their next game releases.

This mirrors my own thoughts. The software I paid for (yes, it wasn't expensive, and yes it was a long time ago) is now useless to me. It does function on a basic technical level but it's practically unusable and not at all enjoyable. How anyone thought it was kosher to shoehorn a pc interface onto a console game is beyond me. It's daft, it's lazy and it doesn't belong there. More importantly, it's not what I paid for. I hope this will be addressed in a meaningful way, but if it isn't I will become a former customer, for what little difference that makes.

This mirrors my own thoughts. The software I paid for (yes, it wasn't expensive, and yes it was a long time ago) is now useless to me. It does function on a basic technical level but it's practically unusable and not at all enjoyable. How anyone thought it was kosher to shoehorn a pc interface onto a console game is beyond me. It's daft, it's lazy and it doesn't belong there. More importantly, it's not what I paid for. I hope this will be addressed in a meaningful way, but if it isn't I will become a former customer, for what little difference that makes.
100% this. Terraria has been uninstalled on my ps4 for months now and it will likely remain that way for the foreseeable future. I don't really see any indications from the devs that would change that situation. The game I purchased no longer exists, it makes me pretty sad.

[doublepost=1519846125,1519845874][/doublepost]
This game is getting scary. I was just writing a message when my screen transformed into a deep red and it nearly scared me to death because I thought the pillars had found my home. It turns out that this is the new blood moon.

Yeah, unfortunately the only way to get rid of them is to defeat the Moon Lord or get killed trying. You can ask for someone to help you. My advice is a buttload of chlorophyte bullets, all the buff potions you can find or make, and a high-damage gun that fires rapidly. For the solar pillar, a good melee weapon since some of the enemies can reflect bullets. I've been killed almost as many times by my own bullets bouncing back as by the enemies themselves. Use a good flying mount for the vortex, nebula, and stardust pillars, and don't stop moving around. But STAY ON THE GROUND for the solar pillar or the crawltipedes will wreck you.

The pillars are stationary. They do not move. The enemies would only reach your base if one spawned too close. I've had it happen once or twice.

I'd offer to help you take down the pillars but I suspect we're in very different time zones and coordinating would be difficult. We might not even be on the same console.

I know right?

I just got Starpoint Gemini Warlords from LGM, has some serious bugs too but their communication with the players is awesome and patches are following realy quick. One patch comes out, the next is in certification already.

Terraria is all 1.2 over again right now.

It’s all subjective. I imagine you played Terraria on PC. I never have. And my personal vision is decent, but bad enough that I must play fully zoomed in for the game not to be a blurry mess on my TV, a 49” 4k tv.

The UI we had before WORKED in this situation. It was clearly made for console use. The one we have now, at full zoom, is not usable to me.

If they manage to fix it so that I feel like I can use the menus at full zoom, I will be happy even if it is never as good in my eyes as what we had. If they don’t, then I’ll simply stop playing. I don’t want to. My group built a city that spanned a quarter of the map once. But if I feel the devs do not care about my experience then I will move on, and remember that when their next game releases.

Posters keep saying they play zoomed to make the UI easier to read. Zooming doesn't make the UI bigger though. Have you tried playing completely zoomed out to see if it improves anything for you?

Posters keep saying they play zoomed to make the UI easier to read. Zooming doesn't make the UI bigger though. Have you tried playing completely zoomed out to see if it improves anything for you?
I do not zoom in to make text easy to read. I zoom in because, zoomed out, my character, the enemies, the environments.. everything looks like colorful blobs.
The old UI was the same regardless of zoom. But when I zoom in to see the game as I play it, the menus are an overlapping mess of transparent tiles and text.

Basically, I prefer bigger sprites that I can make out what they are, but the zoom level that is comfortable also breaks the menus. Hence why the game is unplayable.

I can use the menus pulled out. They are too small and I generally hate them compared to what we had, but they are functional. But we shouldn’t have to zoom out and then back in every time we want to use the menus.

Last edited:
Not trying to start a fight here... but I just don't understand why this remains such an obsessive part of the discussion?

It's been stated repeatedly that they are well aware of the UI issues with overlapping and transparent text and that it will be addressed once the bugs are worked out.

For the time being it is not ideal but isn't it a fairly simple temporary fix to simply zoom out before going into a menu? If you prefer to play with any level of zoom the only thing that is affected by the zoom is the menu correct?

I get that during an event or boss fights that is not hugely convenient if you are in multiplayer where autopause is off but other wise?

Either I have adapted to the point where it just doesn't phase me or I am missing something? (I am not being snarky, I am being sincere) admittedly I am not doing any crazy moon lord fighting or anything but I have done the blood moons on hard and pre hard mode as well as the Martian Madness, the cultist and only one pillar (I got what I needed and have not felt compelled to complete the remaining ones)

I am a player that likes to play with a bit zoomed it, more if doing detailed work. I just fail to see why this keeps being brought up after having been addressed so many times?

Not trying to start a fight here... but I just don't understand why this remains such an obsessive part of the discussion?

It's been stated repeatedly that they are well aware of the UI issues with overlapping and transparent text and that it will be addressed once the bugs are worked out.

For the time being it is not ideal but isn't it a fairly simple temporary fix to simply zoom out before going into a menu? If you prefer to play with any level of zoom the only thing that is affected by the zoom is the menu correct?

I get that during an event or boss fights that is not hugely convenient if you are in multiplayer where autopause is off but other wise?

Either I have adapted to the point where it just doesn't phase me or I am missing something? (I am not being snarky, I am being sincere) admittedly I am not doing any crazy moon lord fighting or anything but I have done the blood moons on hard and pre hard mode as well as the Martian Madness, the cultist and only one pillar (I got what I needed and have not felt compelled to complete the remaining ones)

I am a player that likes to play with a bit zoomed it, more if doing detailed work. I just fail to see why this keeps being brought up after having been addressed so many times?
The only real problem is how clunky it is to adjust your zoom levels.

I do not play with autopause because I like being able to go into build mode from my inventory without rearranging my hotbar. That means to use the menus you have to pull up the main menu, zoom out, close the menu, open the inventory, do your things, open the main menu, zoom back in, close the menu and go back to playing. Now think of the number of times you'd have to do all of that in a single play session. Forget about even attempting that anywhere you're not completely safe either.

I don't even play with zoom but I can see just how annoying that would get in just a few minutes of playing. The devs stated that there is definitely something going wrong with zoomed menus beyond what they expected. So hopefully the fix is rolling out soon for those affected.

still no ps4 update fixing the (not couch) coop? Sigh...

Cant play this game anymore untill there is one.

1.3 is a complete bugfest, I wish they hadn't released it yet, the game was great to play before the update.
We had to wait longer for an as bugfree release as possible, well that realy worked out.
Maybe it's me but I find it hard to believe that they didn't notice all these bugs and glitches during testing.
It's gonna take months to get this mess sorted imho.
I'm glad we still have the Xbox 360 so we can play a perfectly functional terraria.

Perspective, hindsight, foresight, planning.

We as customer have the unique Perspective as the ones that used to play Terraria way more...yes the game was not updated to the computer version, yes we complained, but we still played. Our perspective is negatively impacted.

In Hindsight, we could have been a bit more Patient, and in Hindsight the update should not have been released as a choppy as it was. In Hindsight I could have complained less and played more. However I have a family, career, moving into a house, etc. There was no time so I relied on others to find bugs. I can't imagine the lack of sleep over how many hours work and worrying about lost customers.

Maybe with a little Foresight we could do a Beta test that isolates the two console versions would work. Now there is no going back, so in Hindsight we both struggle. Or not, my family doesn't even play anymore. (Read below)

With blunt honesty I'll still read the forum. I'll keep the game on my PS4. However with Planning, maybe more research to the company who you are letting handle the update would be prudent. The experience and history of your partner's seems more XBox and PC based. Maybe that lack of experience is the problem. I don't know. I'm guessing.

All of this aside, my intention once I see the game fixed, and read it here, is to come back happily with my family, two systems, and host multiplayer maps regularly. Saturday nights, Sunday nights. Two screens, one room, fiber line, six-eight people. Maybe two maps at once.

All that said, Terraria is one of the best and kid friendly games I've seen in 20+ Years. We WILL come back. Look for me, Siftermalik, on PS4. Until then, i do miss playing. Please keep up the hard work. We will get there together...or fail trying.

Hi I would like to report the bugs that me and I my friend have found on console 1. The heads of characters on the minimap can change into error's
2. Items such as grapple hook and shadow orbs :red: well as arrows can stop showing
3. If I'm not hosting the world some enemy's will go invisible so I can't hit them

Also if it is feed back in would say have an option to use the old crafting system thank you for reading :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom