OOC Random Journey in the Universe (OOC)

Wait.

I came up with another alternative.

Double lines with a bolded title for each scene? Pulling a Flask, in other words and making it clear what writing is for what scene. Guess they were onto something.

Like so:

Search party

*Random shenanigans in a forest*

Advance Force

*Kel doing a murder upon a space station*

Burst's squadron

Avaline exploding

That'd make breaking stuff up more easy without having to try to find ways to circumvent the anti-double-post system thing.

Edit: Ok so the format looked better when I was typing it out and then got ruined the instant I posted it.
Yeah, I think something like that would work well.
EDIT: And I think it works better now that I've seen it in the IC thread as well.

Though I do also have this is an example as well:
Time: 12:42

------------------------
@Firewing - Unkiza
@RazorBlade - Vix
CURRENT LOCATION: West Aarden
WEATHER: Light Wind
------------------------

The drake stops and stares at Unkiza, seemingly noticing him glance up at them.
Vix would also be able to see the drake from his current location.

-----------------------
@Champion Greninjoid - Serprus
@Esther - Silvaro
CURRENT LOCATION: East Aarden.
-----------------------

(Aarden has a pretty wide variety of species, with mainly Sivits, Cervitaurs, and Nagas being the only ones that are rare to see there. Aarden is kind of between where the Avian empire used to be, and where the Elves mainly lived. Cervitaurs are also common in the forest areas north of Aarden, but most of them avoid the cities.)

Serprus and Silvaro might both notice a young Avian approaching the fountain.

-----------------------
@Elemental 131 - Kari
CURRENT LOCATION: Central Aarden.
-----------------------

The dragon and wyvern both briefly look up at Kari, with the dragon saying hello back to her, before they return to what they were doing.
In the centre of the room is a small pillar with a few shelves for scrolls, and a large barrel.

-----------------------
@Animus Viral - Krome
@Ganransu - Void
CURRENT LOCATION: Near the Abandoned Tower
WEATHER: Moderate Wind
-----------------------

Not much to say here, as no one has really done anything.

Well, because I feel like that doesn't give much to go off of, I'm going to change that.
Krome and Void would both be able to see small packages resting in trees near them.
Which may show up better, as although the lines aren't all the way across like a horizontal rule, it might contrast better on different forum themes.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think something like that would work well.
EDIT: And I think it works better now that I've seen it in the IC thread as well.

Though I do also have this is an example as well:

Which may show up better, as although the lines aren't all the way across like a horizontal rule, it might contrast better on different forum themes.
Hm. I'll try it with the dashes then.

Somehow I only just noticed that Light is the primary enemy to Dark...

Also ironic how Light uses Davk which seems just a different spelling of Dark.

The explanation for my apparent lack of originality in naming Liht and Davk is that their naming species, the Liht and Davk spirits, are so ancient that somehow their names, told to the very-most ancient of life, ended up getting corrupted into the terms light and dark.
That's sure as hell far and away from how language works, but I'd imagine something similar to that happening at least. I don't know enough about how languages evolve and change to provide a more realistic explanation.

In other words, the Liht and Davk spirits would say the terms light and dark are rip-offs of their name.

Edit: Aaand it's getting real late for me, so I'll get back to the RP in the morning.

For those who couldn't tell by the profile picture changing for the third time this week:
Myrica.jpg

Think I should get that going again yet, or wait just a bit longer?
Get that going in maybe 2 hours? Whatever works for you. I'd be good with getting that moving again.

Got a couple things to handle today and I wish to try and get those out of the way before resuming the rail battle, so I'll most likely be slow to respond at first.

From now on I'll just state in the spoiler titles for Pokemon descriptions if it's a new character, an updated description, or a Pokemon belonging to one of my other characters.
Name: Fiaris
Nickname: Fia (Honestly? Atu probably thought of this one.)
Level: 50, as of making this description.
Species: Cinccino
Appearance: Will draw soon, but take Cinccino and add energy wings and that's basically it. She also has dark fur.
Personality: As my mom said it: "So she's the mom of the team."
Though if she gets annoyed, she usually stays annoyed for a while.
Held Item: Silk Scarf
Other Equipment: N/A
Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Sing, Swift, and Focus Blast.
Ability: Technician
Other Abilities: Flight, because of her wings.
Strengths: Is extremely agile, especially in the air.
Weaknesses: Can have a bit of a short temper sometimes.
Nature: Timid
-IVs-
HP: 6
Attack: 15
Defense: 11
Special Attack: 24
Special Defense: 16
Speed: 12
-
Characteristic: Very finicky
Hidden Power Type: Flying
Other: I somehow got literally all the details (except IVs but nobody cares, I can’t check the ingame ones obviously) correct I made this entire thing at like 3 in the morning
Text Color: #3e4fd3

From now on I'll just state in the spoiler titles for Pokemon descriptions if it's a new character, an updated description, or a Pokemon belonging to one of my other characters.
Name: Fiaris
Nickname: Fia (Honestly? Atu probably thought of this one.)
Level: 50, as of making this description.
Species: Cinccino
Appearance: Will draw soon, but take Cinccino and add energy wings and that's basically it. She also has dark fur.
Personality: As my mom said it: "So she's the mom of the team."
Though if she gets annoyed, she usually stays annoyed for a while.
Held Item: Silk Scarf
Other Equipment: N/A
Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Sing, Swift, and Focus Blast.
Ability: Technician
Other Abilities: Flight, because of her wings.
Strengths: Is extremely agile, especially in the air.
Weaknesses: Can have a bit of a short temper sometimes.
Nature: Timid
-IVs-
HP: 6
Attack: 15
Defense: 11
Special Attack: 24
Special Defense: 16
Speed: 12
-
Characteristic: Very finicky
Hidden Power Type: Flying
Other: I somehow got literally all the details (except IVs but nobody cares, I can’t check the ingame ones obviously) correct I made this entire thing at like 3 in the morning
Text Color: #3e4fd3
Accepted.

So. I noticed a bit back that I forgot some stuff with some characters of mine. This isn't going to be all of it, but this is a start to amending the stuff I forgot.

(For his masked / cloaked form)
Character Abilities:
  • Magic (today I'm going for mainly more general descriptions as making a spell list might take a while):
    • Fire magic: Usually used for mid-range to melee offence. Things like fireballs and flame-coated swords. Though, he does have one large aoe attack that takes a bit of time to charge (and also could be sabotaged).
    • Earth magic: Used for more heavy mid-ranged offence and defense / environment manipulation, but doesn't use this quite as much in combat, as it doesn't come out quite as quickly as his other spells.
    • Lightning magic: Used for long-range attacks, mainly. Comes out about as quickly as his earth magic.
    • Ethereal magic: Used for follow-up ethereal attacks (WB) and an average-strength shield (that can be broken with... 2 good sledgehammer hits). Can make a new one within a few moments, but with each time a shield is broken, he tires more.
    • He also knows a healing spell (alright for healing things like slash wounds, not so much for healing missing limbs)...and both telekinesis spells. There's the Lesser Telekinesis spell, useful for imprecise pushes and shoves...and then the Greater telekinesis spell, which allows for much more precise control over whatever he grabs telekinetically. To the point that he can telekinetically wield one of his sword halves telekinetically.
    • Rituals: Spells with lengthy set up (consisting of drawing ritual circles with a special easel (which he lacks, but can use a substitute for) and some ritualistic chants) that nonetheless have stronger effects. His two main ones are the Fire Dragon (A huge flame dragon serpent for an attack) and the Complete Darkness spell (Covers the surrounding area in complete darkness, making it harder for people to see.)

Extras/Trivia:
  • Possibly a self insert
  • Dark calls this form his 'masked form'. Because of the mask, see?

So I overhauled a character of mine to not only update their current position in rp but also to make more consistent with my CURRENT terraria lore

Character Name: ??? (Forgotten his name thanks to amnesia)

Character Nickname: Burst (although he's trying to forget about it thanks to a incident in rp), The Vendor

Character Gender: Male

Character Age: ???

Character Alignment: Neutral

Character Appearance: Haven't figured it out entirely, although he wears a black cloak and a mask, he also obviously has orange fur.

Character Species: Demon?

Character Height: 5'1

Character Weight: Pretty light

Character Personality: A laid-back and chill guy who's mainly interested in selling the items he found, he doesn't like aligning with groups thanks to a certain incident, nor does he like being called Burst for the same reason.

The Vendor seems to enjoy company, although too much company can make him a bit irritated.

Character Equipment: Practically nothing (as of now)

Character Abilities: Being a demon, he has access to demonic magic (the scythes, the scythe blades, cough), but he also has access to pyrokinesis.

Character Backstory: Long story short, he got amensia after a unexplained incident, he met this group but then went exploring, got captured by
this other group, joined that other group, did a failed ambush on the first group and after realizing his mistake, he was let go where after some time passed, he became a merchant
selling random stuff.

Character Quirks: The Vendor is pretty agile and has decent control on his magic.

Character Flaws: But his defense is lackluster and he can be quite careless with his decisions, also he's weak to holy magic (stuff like the Hallow or angels or fairies or other stuff)

Extras/Trivia: His new hex colour is c47910 so it makes sense with the direction I'm taking him.

Back
Top Bottom