On Strange Plants...

Maybe it has something to do with altitude? My skybridge is directly off one of my cloud places. High enough that wyverns sometimes chase me on the bridge :p

I was thinking this too. There is a good chance that strange plants simply spawn higher up normally. I've only found 2 so far and they have both been on sky islands. I've seen a lot of other people say they only found some on sky islands. I think we have a good piece of info here worth testing. I'll build a 2k grass platform across the sky island I saw mine.

I was thinking this too. There is a good chance that strange plants simply spawn higher up normally. I've only found 2 so far and they have both been on sky islands. I've seen a lot of other people say they only found some on sky islands. I think we have a good piece of info here worth testing. I'll build a 2k grass platform across the sky island I saw mine.

You should really make it dirt my compadre. Grass means weeds, mushrooms and etc.

Skybridges with dirt with no grass is an effective way to get strange plants because only one other thing can grow on dirt.

De-grassing floating islands can also work.

Purple and green can be found anywhere above the surface, while the orange can only be found in forests. The red plant however, can be found anywhere underground or above the surface.

The rarity is bad enough, but you also have to take this into consideration.

They can't grow within 700 ft of each other or a dye plant. Altitude might help with this.

I saw someone have a picture of two basically next two each other.

I have only seen them on grass, above the surface so far.

What are you basing any of this off of? Please post pictures for any of your claims.

Well the only ones I've had were Green and Orange, and they both were on my Skybridge of dirt, took about 5 minutes between me taking one down for another to spawn.
I will post my results after I make my bridge. I have somewhere to go, but after that I will post after I afk.

Yeah, I've only encountered two so far. I found one of them (in my world) in the underground jungle, and the other (on a multiplayer world) on the surface in the Purity.

I passed by one repeatedly before I heard about them. It was purple and on a floating island. Must've been below that 3/20th height rule the wiki specified.

Also, I have found no others to this day.

Here's one that apparently just spawned recently, (I'm hunting rainbow slimes because it's raining and that's one of their spawn conditions which is why I'm not in the frame.)

vpAB03x.png

I've been trying to hunt these things down like commies for at least several hours, and I haven't found a single one. I've tried grass bridges, dirt bridges, jungle grass bridges, in space, on the surface, sky islands, and even just clearing the surface of my world of dye plants.

Interestingly enough, at the top of space, one of my grass bridges doesn't even grow marigolds or blueberries. It's at level 1100' on a large world.

Ugh... I made a 1500+ dirt skybridge across my floating islands...
Of course, I'm on a small world which means if that height thing is true then I probably need to move the whole thing down a bunch.
Probably is, since it's been 3 ingame days and I keep going to check and even make sure there aren't any dye plants on the surface so the strange plants 750 range isn't interrupted.
Not a single strange plant.

Seriously though... Low spawnrates, 750 blocks with no dye plants nearby needed, and can't be above a certain height?
Re-Logic hates small worlds confirmed?

Ugh... I made a 1500+ dirt skybridge across my floating islands...
Of course, I'm on a small world which means if that height thing is true then I probably need to move the whole thing down a bunch.
Probably is, since it's been 3 ingame days and I keep going to check and even make sure there aren't any dye plants on the surface so the strange plants 750 range isn't interrupted.
Not a single strange plant.

Seriously though... Low spawnrates, 750 blocks with no dye plants nearby needed, and can't be above a certain height?
Re-Logic hates small worlds confirmed?

Yeah but if that kind of thing is true shouldn't my world not get them at the level it's getting them at? It's kind of weird that my Skybridge is 752 while my freaking top of my world is 1100 even. That's only a 400 block difference and certainly makes the rule faulty. <_> If you want you might be able to go 700 blocks down from your current skybridge, and then make a long path underground in a straight line; back wall lit up with torches, fill in the path as needed with dirt vs mud or holes.

Yeah but if that kind of thing is true shouldn't my world not get them at the level it's getting them at? It's kind of weird that my Skybridge is 752 while my freaking top of my world is 1100 even. That's only a 400 block difference and certainly makes the rule faulty. <_> If you want you might be able to go 700 blocks down from your current skybridge, and then make a long path underground in a straight line; back wall lit up with torches, fill in the path as needed with dirt vs mud or holes.
Eh, maybe I'll try that when I get some decent mining tools.

Back
Top Bottom