PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it essentially means that he can hit you 10 times in quick succsession which different attacks ignoring your immunity (attacks that are the same still work normally)
it's actually why im waiting for mods to update because at this point :red: fighting it legit (i did beat it once before you :red:) im not grinding this boss anymore i don't want to fight 3 friggin events to summon him

Two things here:

1. That is NOT what the change in this update gave. It made it so that his attacks had their own temporary immunity, independent from non-Moonlord sources. He can't hit you 10 times in quick succession. All it means is that you can't protect yourself from his damage with Slimes/Crabs/Spikes anymore.

2. You can now more quickly summon him using the Celestial Sigil, which is crafted with fragments. You still have to fight the towers, but you can easily get 2.5-3 Moonlord fights per Tower run. I'd try it out.

My favourite hotfix yet. Still gotta wonder if any of the developers or betatesters even use the autopause feature...

The final boss' attacks now use their own cooldown for immunity due to how naughty some of our players have been.

You can still get in a mechanical cart and go back and forth across the world, thereby avoiding the majority of his attacks.

...please don't fix this.

I think most people having trouble with Moon Lord are making it far harder than needs to be. Equip Beetle armor and maxed defense accessories (specifically the turtle shell and the worm scarf), stand under a platform with campfire, heart lamp and a bucket of honey, and fire away with the vortex blaster and chlorophyte bullets. Standard buff potions as well, of course, although healing pots are often unnecessary. The nurse is not necessary, although the Dryad is welcome. Turns out it's actually easier on 'Expert' due to the extra accessory slot.

Is this 'cheesing'? Seems like it's just gearing up to me. INB4 1.3.0.7 patch note: "Moon Lord now disregards player defense".

Credit where credit's due, NerdParadise needs more views and subscribers

But he is using a crapton of potions AND a SDMG, which is a Moon Lord drop/

I think most people having trouble with Moon Lord are making it far harder than needs to be. Equip Beetle armor and maxed defense accessories (specifically the turtle shell and the worm scarf), stand under a platform with campfire, heart lamp and a bucket of honey, and fire away with the vortex blaster and chlorophyte bullets. Standard buff potions as well, of course, although healing pots are often unnecessary. The nurse is not necessary, although the Dryad is welcome. Turns out it's actually easier on 'Expert' due to the extra accessory slot.

Is this 'cheesing'? Seems like it's just gearing up to me. INB4 1.3.0.7 patch note: "Moon Lord now disregards player defense".

This is hardly official, but as far as I'm concerned, its not. He needs to completely optimize his gear, have a functional arena, and uses the most potent defensive buff potions in the game. That sounds like a well thought out build to me. It doesn't work if you don't have all the various assorted equipment, and its a lot weaker without those semi-rare potions in use.

They likely didn't have their beta testers hunting down exploits.

These "exploits" existed and were known probably since the respected items (monster statues, spikes) were introduced. It was not an unknown thing for the developers.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437461117,1437460993][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is hardly official, but as far as I'm concerned, its not. He needs to completely optimize his gear, have a functional arena, and uses the most potent defensive buff potions in the game. That sounds like a well thought out build to me. It doesn't work if you don't have all the various assorted equipment, and its a lot weaker without those semi-rare potions in use.

Ok then what about the teleport farms? Or the fact that the monster statues still work?

Ok then what about the teleport farms? Or the fact that the monster statues still work?

When you say "monster statues still work", what do you mean? The damage invulnerability cooldown change isn't working?

As for teleport farms, that is a complicated enough setup that it is a lot harder to call a cheese, than say, using a magic mirror every time you are almost dead, or sitting on a single spike for effective immunity. Is it still iffy? I'd say sure, but its hardly in the same ballpark. But I don't get to make the official call on that, just sharing my opinions.

But he is using a crapton of potions AND a SDMG, which is a Moon Lord drop/
He used the SDMG because it made the video shorter. I can assure you it works fine, just takes a bit longer with the Vortex Blaster. As for potions, of course you use potions on the boss fight. Aside from a bit of fishing, they're all easily farmable.
I'm glad we agree. =)

As for potions, of course you use potions on the boss fight.

You'd think this would be a simple matter "of course", but it isn't. A great many people don't use potions, or if they do, they only use the simple ones, like Ironskin and Well Fed. A solid fishing potion loadout (Wrath, Rage, Endurance, Lifeforce, maybe Summoner) is a good bit harder to get a hold of, and makes a huge difference . . . about 33% more damage taken before death and about 20% more damage dealt.

When you say "monster statues still work", what do you mean? The damage invulnerability cooldown change isn't working?

As for teleport farms, that is a complicated enough setup that it is a lot harder to call a cheese, than say, using a magic mirror every time you are almost dead, or sitting on a single spike for effective immunity. Is it still iffy? I'd say sure, but its hardly in the same ballpark. But I don't get to make the official call on that, just sharing my opinions.

I have mentioned several times in the thread (maybe it was drowned in comments) that, at least, this set up

still works

The video was recorded pre 1.3.0.6, but I just tested the arena and I would still ignore most of Moon Lord's attacks.
My uneducated guess would be that it has something to do with the cross necklace. It would seem that I received double hits (crab+moon lord) in the beginning of the immunity period, but not during the extended immunity from cross necklace.

If needed I can upload a video of it, but it would be fairly long (15+ minutes).

I made a thread regarding this in the bug report section as well.

Regarding the teleporters, I would personally disagree; I think it is relatively easy to set up, and you are still AFK KILLING A FINAL BOSS.

Regarding the teleporters, I would personally disagree; I think it is relatively easy to set up, and you are still AFK KILLING A FINAL BOSS.

Compared to the other things tweaked thus far, it would likely be the most complicated set up yet, and that is probably why it hasn't been touched. Not enough people seem inclined to use it, because while its easy for you, its just a bit too technical for some users. It may strike you as odd, but a cheese can be "too hard" as well.

Compared to the other things tweaked thus far, it would likely be the most complicated set up yet, and that is probably why it hasn't been touched. Not enough people seem inclined to use it, because while its easy for you, its just a bit too technical for some users. It may strike you as odd, but a cheese can be "too hard" as well.

I guess so. I do hope that developers will look into the immunity fix not working properly.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437462977,1437462886][/DOUBLEPOST]
He used the SDMG because it made the video shorter. I can assure you it works fine, just takes a bit longer with the Vortex Blaster.

I know, I did something similar (a set up based on having lots of defense). I did not use any buff potions or guns, but I did have to heal myself with health potions (shame).

Have you tried checking that build without the Cross Necklace? It could be an issue with it in particular, rather than the Statues themselves.

• You can now hide the Moon Charm and Neptune Shell's effects...or put them in vanity!
That's good news...

But wait! You can't hide the sounds of the Moon Charm.
And wings go missing when underwater too with the Neptune Shell when hidden.
Would these be fixed by the next update?

Good afternoon everyone!

The team remains hard at work chasing bugs to squash and things to tweak within the 1.3 update. As always, your feedback is invaluable there - so keep it coming (but remember to keep it mature and respectful of everyone :) )!

Without further ado, here is the changelog for 1.3.0.6:

Changes
  • Solar Flare armor set Dash ability now only consumes flares when it hits an enemy, and any hit enemy will result in a Solar Radiance explosion!
  • Party Girl's spawning chance has been increased
  • You can now take Camera Mode pictures of wiring if you hold a mechanical item while taking the pictures
  • Fixed certain issues with the Stardust Dragon's damage and rebalanced him to be more in line with other minions
  • You can now hide the Moon Charm and Neptune Shell's effects...or put them in vanity!
  • The final boss' attacks now use their own cooldown for immunity due to how naughty some of our players have been. ;)

Fixes
  • Potentially fixed lag issues when using Steam multiplayer
  • Potentially fixed invasions not trigerring when they should (Martian Probes)
  • Fixed Money Trough turning 'Quick Stack to All Chests' button invisible
  • Fixed Javelins drawing behind doors on all cases
  • Fixed Keys of Light / Night not working through autopause
  • Fixed nearby crafting stations not updating when you open inventory in autopause
  • Fixed 'allow mounting' check not taking player's velocity into account (mounting into ceiling exploit)
  • Fixed breathing meter appearing when hanging on to a ceiling that has water in it
  • Fixed content files not being compressed
  • Fixed Umbrella art not being consistent
  • Fixed Solar Eruption item stray pixel
  • Fixed Jellyfish expert mode counter hitting you when you can't hit the Jellyfish
  • Fixed Drill Containment Unit being able to mine Demon Altars before Hardmode
  • Fixed certain Penguins not counting towards the tally
  • Fixed Dryad not selling Vicious Powder during the Bloodmoon on Crimtane worlds
  • Fixed issue where Shroomite and Psycho Knife stealth would work on mounts
  • Fixed issue where Martian Probe would trigger Martian Invasion clientside
  • Fixed Cultist Boss summoning issues in multiplayer

I like it, but...

• The final boss' attacks now use their own cooldown for immunity due to how naughty some of our players have been. ;)

That NEEDS to be applied to ALL Boss Type Monsters. Please get this message across to Red.

Okay everyone! Listen up! :)

Its clear a lot of people have some pretty strong opinions on a variety of matters. However, there is no reason for people to ever, ever insult one another or be rude to other forum members.

Allow me to quote them rules:

Loki said it very well there. Debate the position, not the person. If you disagree with someone? Cool, that's encouraged and acceptable. But don't demean them or those who are like them because they don't see things the same way as you.

On this forum, respectful posting is required. At all times. I don't want to see anymore calling people lazy, or insulting the skills of those who can't beat Moonlord, criticizing those who think Moonlord isn't hard, anything. People who simply refuse to do this may have to be removed from the thread. Be nice to each other! Its not so hard. "Git gud" is not a respectful way to respond to someone's concerns of the game being too hard. Its really not. If you absolutely must critique someone's strategy for a fight, you can come up with a more eloquent way of saying it. Everyone has their own skill level, and EVERY skill level is valid and to be respected here.

So lets get back to having a friendly, respectful discussion, right guys?

CwlHSIW.jpg

Thx for the reminder... I was about to tell those players who think they are so good that they can beat ML blindfolded and hands tied to the back to get off Terraria and play those "I wanna be the X' games on Impossible Mode since they love hard games so much. But I guess I don't have to now.

OK, my last post is buried in page 5 since yesterday so I'm not gonna continue it fully.

I noticed some people said final boss must be hardest. So... I assume those guys never heard of Gradius? You need to be an idiot to lose to the Bacterian leader after shooting down his myriad minions and navigating those sharp corridor without crashing ie, crashing into his stationary body. (that said I do not want Terraria to become like this at all, just saying final bosses =/= hardest boss. I think some bonus bosses post game (lore wise not threatening to the world like at all unlike cultists and the subsequent bosses but is sealed away waiting for someone to best them so they can rest in peace) should be more fitting to take that position[take a hint for next major update idea, devs!])

Like I said, I'm use 'honourable' tactics most of the time (Guns + Chloro bullets + menancing accessories + skybridge filled with campfire, heart latern etc), but if people want to cheese? Let them be. It's their problem for taking their own challenges away. Yes, the fact you can think of exploiting the spike to negate major damage shown how crafty you are. You realise the invincible frame after getting hit, which is part of the game, can be put to good use. Remember back when killing Dungeon Guardian is all the rage? He is clearly not intended to be beaten but the devs loved our attempt to much they decide to reward us for doing it while at the same time making sure his role as preventing us from entering before skipping the boss is retained. I've mentioned it before, players who can exploit gameplay mechanic are cunning, not cheaters. Without this kind of outside of box thinking, would DG have been downed at all aside from endlessly shooting at him?

I am powerless to do anything, but devs, I know you guys are gonna remove the lava cheese people mentioned earlier. Go on. Do it. Enjoy the groans that follow afterwards.

And thank you Cenx, for assuring us that currently, the devs have no plan on removing the nurse from the fight. *gives a big middle finger to the idea of nurse dying/too scared to help/summoning ML via nurse voodoo doll/otherwise disabled for the ML fight*

My arena is a skybridge with a loop at the the very end for me to circle around, back to the bridge and go the opposite direction. And my nurse is stationed near the loop. However, I see her as an emergency health supply. I will only click on her if things really becomes grim (like reaching < 100 HP) during the battle. Otherwise, she can just sit there and rot while I fire away at the boss and loop about in the arena.

Oh, and I have a semi cheese when engaging many major bosses for first time. If you guys want to know how, start a private conversation with me (if devs patch this method I'm really gonna delete Terraria from my PC. It just prove how desperate devs can get when when they want us to fight ML honourably.). Bear in mind this method is not foolproof and you can still die if you are under prepared, but it DOES make things easier. All I can say now is to give you a hint to my method.
3 words:
F _ _ _ _ S _ _ _ O _ _
Have fun figuring out what each letter is! (Cenx, if you are curious I can discuss my method privately with you too, but I trust your honesty and integrity in not letting the programmers know about this. Or, you can let them know but warn them that patching this method is a bad idea).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom