tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Awesome mod but awful ingame/inmod optimisation to load resources. Lot of freezes between bioms too.
I think it cause of music tracks. Game cant reload them faster as lore tracks.

Last edited:
This isn't a big deal for me, but I thought I'd mention it. I just started playing again after taking a few months off (Terraria burnout...it hurts), and I've noticed that the trees don't fall over anymore. They just "poof" like in vanilla Terraria. I didn't make any changes, or install any new mods, and the tree-falling settings are still set to "On". The latest Overhaul update is installed, and it all worked fine before today.

This isn't a big deal for me, but I thought I'd mention it. I just started playing again after taking a few months off (Terraria burnout...it hurts), and I've noticed that the trees don't fall over anymore. They just "poof" like in vanilla Terraria. I didn't make any changes, or install any new mods, and the tree-falling settings are still set to "On". The latest Overhaul update is installed, and it all worked fine before today.
hit the block above the base. Just don't hit the bottom-most trunk for that matter

Even if I go to task manager and turn my TModLoader client up to RealTime, I still get this type of lag too.
i just sign up to tell the exact same thing... this mod is veryyyy fun i cant play without..but cause of that ...the game crash.
i supose is because of the new music ..... please fix it. or make a light version.

So I REALLY want to play this mod alongside Thorium AND Calamity.
Unfortunately "as you predicted", I have been noticing lag followed by crashes in certain areas of the map, and the crash report does indicate that it is an OutOfMemory issue. There are other references to Overhaul music in the crashlog, though. I will post a copy of the crashlog for you (The crash section from the last few lines).
What I am asking, is if there is ANY way I can fix the two mods' interactions, and play with stability?
Maybe a setting? IDK.
I am happy to do whatever I can to support the stability of this mod.
Code:
Message: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at NVorbis.RingBuffer.EnsureSize(Int32 size)
   at NVorbis.VorbisStreamDecoder.ReadSamples(Single[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at NVorbis.VorbisReader.ReadSamples(Single[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at TerrariaOverhaul.SoundSystem.LoadOggDataFromStream(MemoryStream stream, Byte[]& byteData, Int32& sampleRate, AudioChannels& audioChannels)
   at TerrariaOverhaul.SoundSystem.ThreadWork()
   at TerrariaOverhaul.ThreadSystemBase.ThreadUpdate()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

P.S. I can confirm that the game lag-crashes when entering a desert biome.

Last edited:
i can use 30 mods but when i add overhaul...i cant play cause of the memory.... please fix or split the mod cause i like some mechanism in it for another incompatible mods

Last edited:
I have this mod with tremor, calamity and thorium and for some reason only melee weapons deal the actual damage, everything else only does 1 damage. Even when i hit a green slime with my 800 damage rifle. Please help

It's my first time playing Overhaul, so me and my friends are super excited about it. However, after surviving through a torrential storm on our first night, we found dead trees everywhere. Naturally the eyesores had to go, and when we cut them down... bunny paws exploded from them! So many, many bunny paws!

Has anyone else had this glitch? Or is it, somehow, an intended feature? I approve of the bunny hopping, but this might be a bit much.

one suggestion:

custom sprite support.
i am just getting in to spriting and i have made tf2 textures for some weapons ( boomstick, shotgun etc.) and they show up in the hotbar, but they look like regular versions in the player's hand. i understand this is due to the mod overruling the normal sprites, but it would be so cool!
please add custom sprite support!

Comecei um mundo com overhaul e costumo jogar sem fps drop ou qualquer coisa mas depois de um tempo normalmente quando saio de um bioma o jogo fecha sem mensagem de erro nem nada (terraria parou) alguém pode me ajudar?
[doublepost=1553636054,1553636027][/doublepost]I started a world with overhaul and I usually play without fps drop or anything but after a time normally when I leave a biome the game closes without error message nor anything at all (terraria stopped) somebody can me to help?

When Eye of Cthulhu gets gets into his second form he deals no dmg to player (absolutely nothing). After like a half of the year its still not fixed.

I have been playing Terraria Overhaul now for a little bit since a friend had shown it to me. So far I really like it except for one issue. The summer season drys up all the water on the surface and come spring it doesn't replenish any of the large pools of water on the surface that I need for fishing. It would be nice if there were an option to turn off the water evaporation, or at the very least, dial it down much lower than it is.

this is an amazing mod but unfortunately this mod clashes with other mods that have music boxes and completely crash with the calamity music mod, is there any way you could fix this?

For those that haven't/can't see Overhaul's MOTD:

The same issue that causes worlds to be stuck on "Drawing Map: 1%" for the Australia Day gag, is currently also affecting the April Fools' Day gag. Setting your system's date to the 2nd (or whatever) fixes it for now.

Last edited:
Just here to make a suggestion. All weapons have been nerfed - swords don't auto swing and are realistic, guns have to reload, and magic weapons don't auto fire. However, there is one class of weapons that kind of escapes these nerfs: the miniguns. Not having to reload means that guns like the mega shark outclass the venus magnum, a gun that is actually more powerful in Vanilla, simply because the venus has to reload and the mega does not. It makes miniguns and the ranged class in general have a kind of random advantage. As a suggestion, consider adding a Minigun Belt as an accessory. With it, miniguns fire without reload as normal. Without it, all miniguns could have a standard belt of 100 shots or so that has to be reloaded for a long time (3-5 seconds) before being fired again. Since it would take an accessory slot it would make the minigun weapons less "must-choose" weapons.

Back
Top Bottom