Cenx
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So is it [seenks], [sen-eks], or something else?
    Supeh Mario
    Supeh Mario
    I believe it's "Sen-eks" but I still say "Senks" because I'm a rebel.
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    The accepted pronunciation never made Cenx to me.

Then again, I'm still trying to figure out how in the seven layers of WTF "Sean" sounds just like "John" so it may just be me not getting how English phonetics work at all.
    GoldenTerrabyte
    GoldenTerrabyte
    Well, I'd say it's more along the lines of the people who invented names not getting how English phonetics work.
    Hi Cenx,
    If you don't mind me asking: If a player had done everything there is to do in 1.2.4.1, how many hours of new content do you think he or she would have in 1.3? (I've spent 6 months on Terraria 1.2.4.1 and I'm still missing some things, so I'm looking forward to more new things in 1.3!)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Also depends on RNG, and what do you mean by "do everything". If you mean get every single item, well, that could take awhile. I wonder how many players don't have a Nymph Banner or Death Sickle...
    Sigma90
    Sigma90
    Yep, it is a bit broad. That's why I said "done everything" and "new content" instead of "finish". :)
    I mean time for a player to collect all the new items/banners, fight all the enemies, experience all the events and so on. Expet Mode alone could theoretically double gameplay time.
    Techdude594
    Techdude594
    Honestly, it depends. I know I will be sinking another 1500 hours easily into 1.3. This is because instead of going to hardmode quickly, I do not rush, like many do, and take my time and do everything necessary in prehardmode, like setting up farms, building, and other things. If you are an average player and "rush" to hardmode, then I would probably expect 50 hours.
    New background is cool... but what's up with the silt? It's the same in hallow biome and tiles of pearlstone still doesn't match properly with silt and ores...
    is terraria on pc going to get controller support?
    im asking because skips told me there's no compatibility for now. :(
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    The best game controller ever made has 110+ fully configurable buttons which fit any and all gamestyles you could think about... And doesn't need you to be holding it, hence giving your hands a longer lifetime.

I'm 37, play videogames as often as I can, and my hands are still good to go, thanks to the mighty keyboard.
    FlakMaster
    FlakMaster
    I don't really mind using a controller, as it is pretty convenient to do anything without moving your arms. It definitely has a few benefits over keyboard+mouse. But when there's a substantial difference between the two in one game, when using a controller takes over twice as long as a keyboard+mouse, that's a massive no-no.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    RE: @Kyouko Tsukino : The keyboard is truly a great piece of hardware. However, there *are* games that are better on a gamepad (usually side-scrolling games that don't have fine aim elements). Also, games like the newer Ys games I would think would be quite awkward with KB too. But, to each their own.
    the hallow is still ugly. sorry.
    Reactions: Darkilliacronius
    FlakMaster
    FlakMaster
    I've always found the Hallowed ugly too, but I appreciate the setting being set in a stronger way before my personal thoughts of the hallowed come into play.
    Techdude594
    Techdude594
    Hey! Don't diss on the hallow! The music sucks, and the enemies are annoying, but at least the materials are ok, and the rod of discord is a pretty awesome drop which is pretty common! But there are better biomes, like the crimson. I love the blood theme, and the vampire knives are the best chest weapon, imo.
    Kazzymodus
    Kazzymodus
    "Don't diss on the hallow."

Proceeds to list the most characteristic features of the Hallow and bashes them.
    The hallow looks so good now and it makes me want to make an underground house! Idk i must be dumb or sumthin
    Reactions: Cenx
    Azu
    Azu
    Who wouldn't make a house surrounded by beauty? You're not dumn. :D
    OP Jackson
    OP Jackson
    Finally someone gets me! Lol
    Techdude594
    Techdude594
    You are not dumb! I am making something similar, in prehardmode however. But... its not a house, its a base, a huge underground base about 1/10 the size of my large map. Its massive!
    Cent you are my favorite developer and I love your armor! I just wanted to say thank you for your hard work and imagination! Terraria, my favorite game, would not exist without you! <3 P.S. I am not a thirty year old I just don't want my personal info on the web. K Bye
    Criddle
    Criddle
    I deleted the comment so this is looking awkward. Eh whatever. I'll just post the joke picture again.
    2029454277.png
    OP Jackson
    OP Jackson
    That is funny though!
    Devalaous
    Devalaous
    Criddle made the joke I wanted to make but way better.
    I found a bug: for example: when you put on an accessory in the second social slot, and then you right click a same accessory, and then right click the one in the social slot, you can equip it double.
    I bet it must be the funniest thing ever when you devs do PvP, and the death message says "*person* was removed from *world* by *dev*"
    Azu
    Azu
    "(Non dev) was removed from (world) by (dev)"
    *banned from game*
    In the past, bosses have been shown in trailers (Wall of Flesh was spoiled to me, waaah..), so.. just wondering, will the Lunar Event be shown at all? ..I want to know whether or not I should watch it :p
    SzGamer227
    SzGamer227
    @Rassy, they spoiled how to summon Duke Fishron in the 1.2.4 changelog, so it is definitely a possibility. You never kno, tho.
    Kenishjooj
    Kenishjooj
    In the last video spoiler, the 5th slot reminds me a black orb in a cloth, probably a summon item that "interact" with the moon, like Naughty Present or Pump. Medal: http://goo.gl/Zhg1Zu
    Crashtronaut
    Crashtronaut
    Perhaps it is some kind of "celestial codex" or "universe map"

But yeah it's probably the summon item or a crating material
    Once the update comes out, I hope you and the entire team enjoy the lively activity of the community as we try to discover everything in 1.3 ;P
    So is there anything as exciting as Rope in the 1.3 update? One of the highlights of 1.2 was discovering that there was something new and useful in the first 30 seconds of stating a new playthrough, and it'd be great to have that kind of surprise again in 28 days. :happy:
    FlakMaster
    FlakMaster
    I shall just explode with fury and then have a nice bacon sandwich.
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    Simple solution (on our side): Use two chests! Or piggies/safes!
    Techdude594
    Techdude594
    Those inventory changes sound really helpful! I love a clean inventory and storage system, and really look forward to the new quickstack feature, like when you come back from a 4 hour mining trip in another map, and have 3 inventories full of crap and need to spend 15 minutes putting it away! Also like the locking feature! Very nice!
    As a small side note on how far this game has travelled, ... good evening from sunny South Africa Cenx have a great day,
    (edit) thanks to you and the entire dev team for a great game, keep up the great work :)
    Hey Cenx, how are you? I don't mean to interrupt, but is the Mac/Linux port coming out at the same time as 1.3? Thanks in advance.
    GeniusCarrot
    GeniusCarrot
    But in the last spoiler video it said: a short time from now... In a minecart not too far away... . But a month is for me not short.
    Azu
    Azu
    Then you should have some patience.
    Cenx
    Cenx
    Probably a few weeks if there aren't any complications.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom