1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Cenx, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: we're a few updates past this now.
Lock date: 14:41 18-11-2016
  1. Soxious

Soxious Terrarian

I feel like there is some secret message hidden in the carpet of that picture.

2. [​IMG] how it feels to a have controller for terraria:kingslime:

3. willsp

willsp Skeletron Prime

ok...are my eyes pulling trick on me, OR DOES IT SAY ADDED COMPANION CUBE!?

4. The Warlocke

The Warlocke Skeletron Prime

I can't tell you how tickled I am that the Junction Box made it into the 1.3.1 update.* :happy: (And projectile pressure pads: I guess I need to remove that suggestion from my signature, now...)

I am surprised that it maintained its basic appearance. I probably shouldn't be, though: Simplicity is the way to go, and what does it need to be but a pair of conduits? I just assumed the devs would come up with something vastly different from what I did. Pretty damned neat all around, I say!

Now I just wish I had a better head for architecture, so I could come up with a really cool use for them.

The Multicolored Wrench has been a looooong time coming, and just when I thought I couldn't be happier that we finally have it, on top of that we get The Grand Design... :eek: Words fail me.

There will be people grumbling about a lack of flashy stuff in this update, but for me this stuff is great, and it's not like I'm creating grand works or adventure maps, either. Collapse the fishing gear into one accessory? Yes, please. Actuation Rod, are you kidding me? A Companion Cube, why the hell not! Wait, I can finally map the grapple to my mouse's thumb button - excellent.

It's an age of wonders. Thank you dev team and happy fifth birthday, Terraria.

*Only thing I'd have changed is to make them insubstantial, like actuators.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Aurora3500 and Dragrath like this.
  5. willsp

willsp Skeletron Prime

still no news on that mysterious new event you guys added *cough*cough*walloffish*cough*cough*

6. RBrandon

RBrandon Terrarian

Congratulations to the Re-Logic team for the release and a heartfelt thank you for supporting this special game for so long.

Pandemonium135 likes this.
  7. MegaMage314

MegaMage314 Plantera

I guess the developers just didn't intend for it to be a miniboss. I wouldn't have minded having something like that, but it seemed like Medusa was designed to be just another common enemy. From my experience, they spawned fairly frequently and could appear far from the biome they originate from, and their stats were pretty average for 1.3 underground enemies. It seemed to me like it was just a common monster with an ability that, while sounding good on paper, ended up being far too devastating in execution.

But yeah, guess there's no reason not to buff medusa for expert mode. Maybe even make her a proper miniboss there since she's hardmode exclusive now.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Dragrath and Diablonar like this.
  8. Leadhead

Leadhead Terrarian

Holy Tickling Terrarians Batman! What an update!

First let me say, as a PC gamer that loves using a controller...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! For the most part, the controls are spot on. Better than any of the console versions, and I own them all. For you all to take the time to add this function 5 years into the game is amazing.

However, I do have a few questions...
    -What exactly does "Thumbstick Cursor Snap" do? In my limited testing, there doesn't seem to be a difference with it toggled on or off.
    -And is there a way to adjust the flow of the smart cursor? What I mean by that, is that the smart cursor seems to be wound like a tight spring and doesn't have much slop. For example, furniture placement seems smoother on the console versions.

Some possible bugs I've noticed...
    -When map zooming, the triggers function the exact opposite of what the tooltip says.
    -When exiting out of the settings menu in game, sometimes the inventory opens up. At first I thought this was due to the game auto targeting the nearest chest, but it even happened in a cave.

Finally, is it possible to add a way to zoom in like you can on the PS4? I know that might be asking allot, but maybe in a future update. It would be nice to have a closer view when playing from the couch.

Again, thank you to the team for updating the game 5 years into it's life cycle.

Daikonradish likes this.
  9. Dracul JOSHI

Dracul JOSHI Terrarian

Can we port this version over to consoles now? would make maintenance easier, wouldn't it? Particularly if you add touchscreen support.

10. »Mr_FJ«

»Mr_FJ« Terrarian

"Improved keybinding options, you can now also bind to mouse 3/4/5."

FINALLY! :D

11. MadaxTheShadow

MadaxTheShadow Official Terrarian

Fantastic map. Love it when sandlions spit sand on the part where you have to get to full speed to jump. Blocks the path and all that. Favorite part, tbh. Don't have to worry about time being wasted on the map because they'll hault your progress anyways.

In all seriousness and without sass, loving this update this is amazing. But that is the worst design choice for the map creation. Why?

12. pajrc

pajrc Official Terrarian

Love it! One question:
    I thought beehives were always in the Jungle. ????

13. CandyNeko

CandyNeko Terrarian

Wait what! Why um... I've never seen those buttons before on the pets... gosh...

14. Roblitzmanguy

Roblitzmanguy Terrarian

Anyone noticed the new styles/sprites?
    They are split versions for both genders of the last style from 1.3.
    Originally it was only a trenchcoat for male and robes for female.
    I assume a female character previously using the robes will get a trenchcoat.
    20160522203227_1.jpg 20160522203249_1.jpg

15. Yvori

Yvori Terrarian

Pfffff, who cares about wiring and electronics and neato stuff like that? WE HAVE FEMALE TRENCHCOATS! RE-LOGIC HAS HEARD OUR PRAYERS! PRAISE CTHULU'S ORGANIC ASSORTED ORGANS!

16. Voyager

Voyager Headless Horseman

The perfect cap to a great day.
    The new sprites look good!
    Now I can build the perfect base defense system...

17. Terrasyn

Terrasyn Eye of Cthulhu

I am incredibly impressed with this update and cannot thank you enough for the amount of new features and fixes that were troubling me and my character for so long. Your continued support of the game (five years later) is ridiculously impressive and your dedication certainly shows. I'm very grateful!

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  18. Ilmarinen

Ilmarinen Santa-NK1

Did this door/hatch make it into the update?

unknown.png

19. jseriaj

jseriaj Official Terrarian

looks like pvp blocks

Ilmarinen likes this.
  20. Ilmarinen

Ilmarinen Santa-NK1

I just remembered that I got a handful of those, let me check...
    ...indeed it is.

How are those things suppose to work anyway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.