Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! love the update so far but there are few things that don't work, and some things are way too overpowered.

First, Martian Saucer is way too overpowered. The first phase is OK, but in the second the damage is way too high and the speed is near impossible to hit. My friends and I kept on dying to the same thing because of the speed and the damage. I guess the damage is ok if the speed was nerved because it's way too fast to avoid and hit.

Second, I cant find Steampunker wings. I've gone to the Steampunker after golem was defeted again and again, but I still can't find it. Is there some certain things that you have to do to buy them?

Last, I've killed the Nymph several times and still haven't got a metal detector even though it's meant to be a 100% drop. Am I just extremely unlucky or my game is bugged?
I used to think the same about the saucer until I tried using the hoverboard. The same can be done with grappling hooks, tabi/master ninja gear/shield of cthulhu or other things, you just need a flat surface and a way to quickly gain movement speed in one direction.

As for the Nymph, it's sadly only a 50% drop on normal :( expert has doubled drops so it's 100% there.

Hello, I would like to ask about the Spanish translation of the game. from what I've seen is not quite complete and there are many parts untranslated. Something as basic as the word "achievements" ("logros" in spanish) of the main menu is untranslated. Any explanation for this? Thank You

What's up with the (pirate) cannon's range? You can barely hit anything with it anymore, let alone actually play sieges with the range they now have, was this intentional or an accident? Will the range be buffed / fixed?

The bullet spawn location in comparison to the weapon seems to be broken.
If you use the Uzi for example, the bullets will spawn ~7 tiles in front of you if you shoot horizontally, and they will spawn behind you if you shoot at a ~45 degree angle (was using the endless musket pouch), seems to be true for other weapons as well (not sure if it's because of the ammo used or not)

The moon lord needs to be able to be summoned without kill the pillars all over again, and we shouldn't have to kill him 15-19 times for all the luminite.

Last edited:
The moon lord needs to be able to be summoned without kill the pillars all over again, and we should have to kill him 15-19 times for all the luminite.

It's even worse than Ocram on the console versions. Not only is he a complete beast (made even worse in the 1.3.0.3 patch), but he also requires a literal gauntlet of other bosses be fought first to re-fight him. Forced grinding is bad enough in video games, but forced grinding that also involves high levels of required player attention is horrible design. There's a good reason why most RPGs that have high-focus gameplay also don't have grindfest gameplay.

I really loved the update but im pretty much am done my first 1.3 playthrough and there is a pretty big problem i noticed i beat the moon lord and all the events and stuff and i never had to beat duke fishron in 1.2.4.1 it was nearly impossible to do the events without his special weapons but now in 1.3 i completly skipped over him and still was able to progress through the game so my advice is to only let players start the celestial event after duke fishron to avoid players like me skipping a pretty big part of the game

I really loved the update but im pretty much am done my first 1.3 playthrough and there is a pretty big problem i noticed i beat the moon lord and all the events and stuff and i never had to beat duke fishron in 1.2.4.1 it was nearly impossible to do the events without his special weapons but now in 1.3 i completly skipped over him and still was able to progress through the game so my advice is to only let players start the celestial event after duke fishron to avoid players like me skipping a pretty big part of the game
Pumpkin/Frost Moon, Fishron, Martian Madness, Solar Eclipse, there are many alternatives to get gear as powerful as that. Also you are technically supposed to do the events without fishron weapons, those are supposed to be the same tier as the event gear. If you can do the Lunar Event without any of those you are a really skilled player.

Well, I just made my first set of fossil armor (for display). You need criminate to mine it, but by that time you have better armor.

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

Currently about to go to hard mode with me and 5 others (2 other actively playing). Our progression curve was MUCH different than when we used to play non-expert mode.

Most people were wearing Molten Armor before fighting any of the bosses, the increased downtime made it a lot harder to have a death circle and we lost a few fights due to everyone being wiped out. All of our boss kills involved setting up some sort of space to fight them. Dropping campfires, heart lanterns, heart statues, well fed buffs, iron skin potions, and regen potions were all used once they became available. I intended to start using endurance potions but I only started fishing once most of the bosses were already dead and was unaware of them. I've made a decent stock of them however for once we go to hard mode.

The crates are a really nice addition since it allows everyone to gear up for things that are limited in supply like sky islands however it seems that hell chests should have been taken into consideration since there are a limited number of hell chests. Possibly add the lava charm to those as well (not everyone was able to find a lava charm despite doing a large amount of exploration). I think the biome chests should have their drop rate buffed to be around the area of iron chests as well since you often don't even get an item from them.

The 3 people that are actively playing have loadouts like this:
Me -
Molten Helmet
Molten Breastplate
Molten Greaves
Frostpark Boots
Worm Scarf
Lava Waders
Pink Horseshoe Balloon
Obsidian Shield

Night's Edge
Reaver Shark
The Bee's Knees
Bee Gun
Imp Staff
Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole

Kyo -
Necro Helmet
Necro Breastplate
Necro Greaves
Obsidian Shield
Spectre Boots
Lava Charm
Royal Gel
Horseshoe Balloon

Minishark
Phoenix Blaster
Imp Staff
Molten Pickaxe

Drew -
Molten Helmet
Molten Breastplate
Molten Greaves
Sandstorm in a Balloon
Frostspark Boots
Frog Leg
White String
Black Counterweight

Cascade
Molten Pickaxe

I'm currently trying to finish getting a cellphone made while the others are prepping to fight the wall of flesh, we're planning to fight it tomorrow.

I think the best thing by far is the boss loot bags that make it so that everyone gets something when playing in multiplayer.

Last edited:
Please remove the restriction of 1 fishing quest per day. That was fine in 1.2 since you were guaranteed to get the important items after a set number of quests. Now it appears however that all rewards are randomized (not guaranteed on the nth quest completed). Between that and the fact that there are more reward options, getting a specifically desired item could take countless attempts. I'm curious to hear other players' thoughts on this as well.

Please remove the restriction of 1 fishing quest per day. That was fine in 1.2 since you were guaranteed to get the important items after a set number of quests. Now it appears however that all rewards are randomized (not guaranteed on the nth quest completed). Between that and the fact that there are more reward options, getting a specifically desired item could take countless attempts. I'm curious to hear other players' thoughts on this as well.
It would be nice to be able to do more quests per day, or to have some control over the reward...

I did not find the final boss that amazing compared to fighting the hole moon that covers your world so a entire server has to fight it to half of a big space dude with eyes in his hands omg so amazing I hoped for a boss everyone would stop what they were doing on the server and fight it
Like 2 players in the jungle killing him 5 players in a arena and so on like moon lord follows 1 player and is sad compared to the build up he got

I did not find the final boss that amazing compared to fighting the hole moon that covers your world so a entire server has to fight it to half of a big space dude with eyes in his hands omg so amazing I hoped for a boss everyone would stop what they were doing on the server and fight it
Like 2 players in the jungle killing him 5 players in a arena and so on like moon lord follows 1 player and is sad compared to the build up he got

So you let your own hype and imagination kill it for you. Being realistic, a boss that literally threatens the world would NOT be fun because of the stakes involved. People get attached to their worlds.

i know 1.3 was release and they won't make any more updates but in the next bug please add a bamboo staff a 14.27 drop from plantera it is fast does 87 damage its melee weapon and when you swing it bamboo balls shoot out and does a small explosion and it says *just don't let pandas near it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom