Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you let your own hype and imagination kill it for you. Being realistic, a boss that literally threatens the world would NOT be fun because of the stakes involved. People get attached to their worlds.
well is moonlord fun to fight no so take your point someplace else because moonlord is not a fun fight too
also the lunnar event can destroy your world if your unprepared for it

So you let your own hype and imagination kill it for you. Being realistic, a boss that literally threatens the world would NOT be fun because of the stakes involved. People get attached to their worlds.
this.

this is why i didn't stay for the hypefest lol.:p *nothing* was going to measure up to what they were pumping out. (even the big deal about minibiomes, theres what..2 of em? with 2 enemies 1 weapon and a block each? compare that to forum speculation/teases) next time theres an update just go dark, come into it with fresh eyes and enjoy the new content not be disappointed that nothing could ever measure to what was stirred up(even if some of it was by the devs) :D

i like it rather than be disappointed because i skipped all the blatant overhyping the community did for months some of which probably wasn't even possible in the game's engine

edit- that said the endgame stuff did seem a bit quick, but still :rolleyes:

[doublepost][doublepost]

reduce the death timer in single player expert mode, it serves no purpose(you die, boss despawns anyway)...i like it in multiplayer though (during an active event its different, but for every day non moon deaths its just boring penalty for no reason that takes you out of playing)

Last edited:
I did not find the final boss that amazing compared to fighting the hole moon that covers your world so a entire server has to fight it to half of a big space dude with eyes in his hands omg so amazing I hoped for a boss everyone would stop what they were doing on the server and fight it
Like 2 players in the jungle killing him 5 players in a arena and so on like moon lord follows 1 player and is sad compared to the build up he got
Honestly, that sounds... boring.

Just, a :red:in' moon descending on the world. Shoot up. Have high damage. Win. Okay, now what?

Oh, he's big enough to span the entire width of the map? So people in the Jungle ALSO have to point up and shoot? As well as people in the Hallow?

You're suggesting a boss that can't move and who's only defense would be to try and kill you before you could kill it. It's like the wall of flesh if the wall of flesh didn't have specific weakpoints you had to aim for.

Moon Lord was really the better idea.

melee's armor gives a shield that mages/rangers can use too, i don't see the problem with a small amount of flexability in the rigid almost entirely self imposed "class system" I vote for leaving it as is to counter this suggestion ;P letting rangers choose to wear that for its buff rather than their specific armor's damage bonus seems fine to me. maybe their stealth mode's aggro drop helps mages/melee too. and the minion from stardust is the same.(even more so since summon is a set and forget hybrid class anyway so it augments anything.)

First, Spectre Armor with the Hood. Obviously this was the intent of the 1.3.03 update's debuff grant to Moony--its sole intent was to stop players easily farming him over and over with nothing but the Spectre Hood and a decent DPS magic weapon. Having killed him six times with ease using this setup and a Razorblade Typhoon, I can attest that it felt too easy, and that he needed some way to counteract this being the most reliable method of killing him. However...nullifying the Spectre Hood's ability entirely for the full duration of the fight, which is true only because he uses his tether-drain attack often enough the debuff never goes away if you're not somehow miraculously faster than him, is a kick in the teeth for the mage class.
[/SPOILER]
...as for the hood bit... maybe the devs should realize that if its worth nullifying for a single boss because it was broken or made him too easy its worth removing from the game and reworking. why not simply replace the hood with the mask and give the mages a single life drain spell with all the same effects(a lifestealing attack that spawns healing whisps that go to the player with the least hp) in the hood's old item id? ugg. stubborn devs lol. "well this is a problem, lets add an exception just this once" is nearly always a bad answer. (and then we can add one of those bows that converts arrows to do the same for rangers:))

Last edited:
Is there an official date of when 1.3 is out for console?
Please answer.:joy:
nope.
...if i had to guess i'd say sometime 2016 if you're lucky? sorry...

[DOUBLEPOST]/DOUBLEPOST]

architect gizmo pack would have been better leaving the paint sprayer out and incorporating the laser ruler instead. there are times you want to carry paint and not use it as a builder but the ruler fits perfectly...

did you maybe intend the antigrav hook to shoot 3 grapples individually rather than simultaneous? (working like the dualhook rather than the ivy hook i mean) because its antigrav mechanic works so much better that way

I cant help but notice that the abysmal world gen is still a thing.

9 times out of 10 it's like this and I have to terraform my starting area.

B2YhddL.jpg

Okay, Martian Madness is completely unreasonable. Flying Saucers just spawn and spawn and spawn and spawn and spawn. I kill one, another pops up. And literally nothing else shows up to fight before, during or after the flying saucer's appearance. It's also stupidly easy for the event to happen, to the point that basically you might as well give up on what you're doing and prepare for a wasted half-hour to an hour on Martian Madness the second one of those goddamn probes show up. This event needs some serious tuning. It's fine that the first time a probe spots you it summons the event, but how about making it so the probes drop event-summoning items instead for later instances? Because let me tell you, it is frustrating as hell to have whatever I'm doing interrupted yet again by a probe flying in at a billion miles an hour, beelining for me, and flying off before I can destroy it. Also, please add a "cancel all ongoing events" item. Maybe some people think it's "fun" to have a Martian invasion, solar eclipse, blood moon, solar eclipse, Martian invation, and blood moon all happen back-to-back, but some of us have these things called "lives", and we like to live them instead of grindgrindgrinding in Terraria for two hours due to the randomizer being a bastard.

Think about it, developers. Please.

Hey guys, ive been a terrarian for over 4 years and wanted to know if I had to actually redo the achievements I have already gotten. I have completed almost all the achievements and wanted to know if I had to do it all again.

Would really like if armor and accessories could keep their favorite status after being equipped. I'm constantly switching out armor/accessories during huge fights when I need them and I hate losing track of them through quick stack in my sea of chests when I return to base to unload. It's pretty easy to forget or just plain not notice that your gear is no longer favorited after a hectic fight.

how do I streamline multiplayer.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436302688,1436302647][/DOUBLEPOST]Plz someone ive been waiting for years for streamlined multiplayer im just not sure how.

I just wanted to put my thoughts out there about expert skeletron after someone mentioned I should post this here.
I had a massive issue with the head in the final phase of the fight. It always trapped and permastunned me. SoC dash didn't work to get out either. I would just get locked back in immediately afterwards and die. I tried every buff and combination of gear I had before I finally got lucky and beat him just now. Every weapon I had barely did any damage even after the hands were gone. Not even the starcannon put out enough damage to take him down before his speed got so high that its impossible to outrun. Its not the morning dungeon guardian mode either.

The first phase of the fight is fine though. His speed never seems to get to the point where he permastuns, and I feel that phase is well balanced. Once the hands are gone, its a totally unbalanced, unfair fight. Its to the point where it seems like it would take hardmode gear just to have a somewhat decent chance of beating him. I finally beat it, but only because I got extremely lucky with invincibility frames after being hit by his projectiles. If it wasn't for those lucky hits I took only a couple ticks before he tried to permastun me, I would have died. No boss should ever require that kind of sheer luck to beat, even in a harder difficulty. I finally had to settle on an agile minishark and meteor shot because of the high fire rate and high projectile speed. Everything else is just far too slow to be effective. It took almost 7 minutes of constant firing to take him down because of the very low damage output, even when buffed to the max.

I used full molten armor, intrepid shield of cthulhu, fleeting spectre boots, warding frog leg, guarding blizzard in a bottle and a spiked worm scarf. Arena was a 3-level platform bridge over the top of the dungeon, lined with campfires and heart lanterns, with the nurse at the left end, and a room with a bed and ammo box at the bottom middle. It took every single buff I could think of as well. I had to use all of the following pots/buffs: shine, thorns, regeneration, endurance, night owl, hunter, wrath, rage, swiftness, ironskin, the ammo box, and well fed buff from pad thai.

I think this boss' final phase definitely needs toned down a little bit. It'd be fine if he didn't have the permastun move. Just knock the player back out and give them a chance instead of locking them in the boss' hitbox. I tried dashing and a hook, but neither worked to get me out. I would just get immediately locked in again after dashing, and because of the delay on the hook, by the time it reaches something, you're already screwed.

do u need to beat all other bosses to get to the four new bosses
[DOUBLEPOST=1436303811,1436303751][/DOUBLEPOST]when I do it it wont be a problem

do u need to beat all other bosses to get to the four new bosses
[DOUBLEPOST=1436303811,1436303751][/DOUBLEPOST]when I do it it wont be a problem
You need to kill golem, then Cultists will start spawning at the dungeon. KIll them and then kill that boss then you will get the 4 pillars

There needs to be some way to summon moon lord after you beat him, so you don't have to do fight all the pillars again.

Iunno, dude. Going through the four Pillars prior to fighting the Moon Lord is actually a very efficient way for the event to work, since you need the Fragments to craft anything useful (besides ammo) with the Luminite bars you'll receive.

I had the martian invasion happen right when I was fighting The Destroyer. Ended up killing my old medium-core character - I am done with that!
Expert mode has replaced the medium/hardcore characters at this point. No need to give yourself a hernia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom