PC 1.3 Multiplayer Low FPS

R00D. You should wait for hotfixes to come out, most other people even with high end computers have been having the same problem.

then tell me "It at-least requires decent interenet and a mid range computer."Bad internet= not high or low fps just bad connection. You dont need a Mid computer, even my Low computer can take Terraria singleplayer easy wth 60 frames

Its nothing to do with internet connection.

I have the same issue playing 2 clients on LAN. Multiplayer, smooth as a babys bum.

Start or join a multiplayer server on the same LAN, unplayable stutter. Its a configuration issues I guess, since my 10" windows tablet can join and play terraria fine since the patch.

Intel core i3-3110M
Nvidia Geforce GT630M
6gig DDR3 RAM
(unplayable multiplayer - hosting or joining)

Quad core 10" windows tablet
2gig ram
Intel Z3735F quad core 1.83GHz
Intel Gen7 Graphics
(plays fine multiplayer - hosting or joining)

Well, that must be actually a Terraria bug.

Singleplayer 40-60 fps constant.
Multiplayer 3-20 fps Constant if Frame skip on // if off i got like 39-50 but im in slo-mo.

Seems like an bug, since it worked fine on 1.2

Having the same issue and can pretty much confirm that it's NOT the internet connection. I was hosting a server on my desktop and it was running fine (my friend and dad would occasionally disconnect... but that's a separate bug I think). Anyway, my PC crapped out yesterday. I think the hard drive is dying/dead. I managed to back up my Terraria files and move them to my laptop, and I'm getting the low FPS issue on here when I try to host. Same internet, different computers, different experiences. It was unplayable, but single player is much smoother.

Oh, nice, other people are having this problem. Given that everything server-wise was running relatively smoothly for me before 1.3 hit, and that others with somewhat beefy computers are having a difficult time with servers, too, i'm going to go with the whole "It must be a bug" train in hopes that my 3 FPS server days will come to an end later this month with a fix of some kind. Though I am curious as to why only certain people are experiencing this while others are completely fine.

I've been experiencing terrible lag when hosting, though that's not anything new. The lag has been mostly tolerable when in a server not hosted by me, and nonexistent in singleplayer unless I have a lot of apps open.

Well, i mostly want to play with 3 friends, all of them dont have the problem that i got.
But its strange, that some ppl have this problem and some not, the thing is. Its not only on Low computers, its also on Gaming Computers.

Вы заебали. Вам 30 фпс не хватает? У меня вообще 2 фпс, и что теперь? Мне бы 20 фпс хватило. Даун. Use google translate
Well, i mostly want to play with 3 friends, all of them dont have the problem that i got.
But its strange, that some ppl have this problem and some not, the thing is. Its not only on Low computers, its also on Gaming Computers.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436133104,1436132897][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have a gtx 660 ti and i cant get anything above 30fps in multiplayer. :c
Вы заебали. Вам 30 фпс не хватает? У меня вообще 2 фпс, и что теперь? Мне бы 20 фпс хватило. Даун. Use google translate

Yep. Get a solid 55 FPS during Singleplayer, and if I do Mutliplayer it will drop down to 1. ONE. FRAME. PER SECOND. IF THAT. EVERY OTHER MINUTE.

I've been having this issue too. Everytime I play with my friend, it lags. And it only lag to the hoster. My computer works completely fine in Singleplayer. And am I the only one who noticed that the game don't save in multiplayer?

Since this doesn't seem to be solved yet, im just going to input my own thoughts, i also had this problem, i didn't know why it was happening,(being a programmer and all) i thought of disabling Multicore lighting and see if that worked, it fixed all of my issues with the stuttering. it may not work for you but it most certainly did for me

Specs:
I5 4690k @ 4.7GHz
GTX 760 @ 20% oc
16 GBs 1600mhz ram
1TB HDD(where terraria is located)
256GB SSD

I have Multicore Lighting turned off already. It was causing its own problem.

Also, I found a solution, for me at least. I switched lighting to Trippy (press F9 ingame till the lighting looks blocky but still with color) and my frames all around are lower, 40ish on average, but when it spikes, which is much more rare now, it only spikes do about 25, instead of 1.

So, try that. It probably won't work for everyone, but it did for me.

Hmmm my friend has been experiencing these issuses as well but for me i have a full 60 FPS in single player
and 30+ FPS in multiplayer 40+ if set on high priority

Last edited:
So major necro but I'm having this issue now, exact same as everyone else was. Anyone ever find a fix?

Turn Frame Skip - On (Settings - Video), if you are still having same issue then lower your graphics settings. I hope it helped.

Back
Top Bottom