Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

How to play tModLoader still despite the 1.3.3 update.

1.Install Gamelauncher
2.Download tModLoader
3.Rename the Terraria.exe in the tModLoader folder to something else (Like tModLoader.exe)
4.Drag contents of tModLoader folder to where Terraria is(in stean/steamapps/common/Terraria)
5.Open Terraria with Gamelauncher.
6.Add tModLoader.exe as an instance.
7.???
8.Profit

Gamelauncher lets you have tModLoader and Vanilla Terraria as seperate instances, you have to reinstall gamelauncher every time Terraria updates though, as the update replaces Gamelauncher.

i hope not
[doublepost=1473437184,1473437138][/doublepost]
yeah i am a new user so i want to know a well

I just went in and dropped the old "tModLoader Windows v0.8.3.1" files on top of the 1.3.3 update in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria" folder and it seems to be working for me (for now at least). Displays version 1.3.2.1
Well, you can use preAI to change the aistyle and aitype under some condition. And I'm not sure why you have a FindFrame if you have an animationtype.

That's a tmodloader 0.6 method. Look in example mod or the generator for the new way to initialize the mod class.

Don't think you can. Terraria is very explicit with which code to use for which background.

You can use the "modpath=" parameter in your serverconfig.txt.
[doublepost=1473379017,1473378972][/doublepost]
Oh, arms might be in front of even the front texture. Is there a vanilla one that does it the way you want?
[doublepost=1473379049][/doublepost]
View attachment 138530
Yeah. Just looked through all the vanilla mounts and it looks like the arms are in front of them. Guess I'm gonna have to dig into some custom drawing or mess with the player draw layers. Grrrr...

1.Install Gamelauncher
2.Download tModLoader
3.Rename the Terraria.exe in the tModLoader folder to something else (Like tModLoader.exe)
4.Drag contents of tModLoader folder to where Terraria is(in stean/steamapps/common/Terraria)
7.???
8.Profit

Gamelauncher lets you have tModLoader and Vanilla Terraria as seperate instances, you have to reinstall gamelauncher every time Terraria updates though, as the update replaces Gamelauncher.

hehe i just reinstall the tmodloader and that somehow auto downgrade it

not sure if i got lucky or not but it forks fine

You can still play with your current mods even though Terraria may have just updated. All you´ll have to do is run the installation file for tModloader 0.8.3.2 again and it should restore your modded game.

Note that your Terraria version will revert back to 1.3.2.1 by doing this - if you wish to use your mods combined with the new content, you'll have to wait for tModloader to get updated for 1.3.3.

EDIT: Looks like I took too long to type :)

1.Install Gamelauncher
2.Download tModLoader
7.???
8.Profit

Thanks a lot ! Now I can enjoy my mod and some of the numerous exploit that have been fixed x)

1.Install Gamelauncher
2.Download tModLoader
7.???
8.Profit

Thank you SO much! i would of died from being so bored!

I use Terraria tmodloader for Terraria 1.3.2 on my Mac OS X, but whenever I open the mod browser, no mods show up. This has been happening to me for many versions of tmodloader. But, I had once installed an earlier version and the browser appeared, but I would like if someone could help me find out what is wrong. P.S. I have downloaded the tmodloader manually and using the automatic download but still none worked.

I use Terraria tmodloader for Terraria 1.3.2 on my Mac OS X, but whenever I open the mod browser, no mods show up. This has been happening to me for many versions of tmodloader. But, I had once installed an earlier version and the browser appeared, but I would like if someone could help me find out what is wrong. P.S. I have downloaded the tmodloader manually and using the automatic download but still none worked.
We don't know the cause yet, but I'm surprised that it actually worked before for you. At the moment the recommendation is if the browser doesn't work, download mods manually.

We don't know the cause yet, but I'm surprised that it actually worked before for you. At the moment the recommendation is if the browser doesn't work, download mods manually.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.:) I just hope it gets fixed soon, because I was having trouble finding some mods I would want to have a survival with.

1.Install Gamelauncher
2.Download tModLoader
7.???
8.Profit

I, too, want to thank you for this :) This is exactly what I was looking to do. I'm glad I decided to read the end of this thread!

hmm, the mod browser always works for me, albeit its laggy sometimes, but ive not had it never show any mods before.

Sorry to interrupt the 1.3.3 Compatibility discussion but-

I'm very new to C# And decided to use the ExampleMod as a base to make custom wings, of course, I ran into errors and required help.
Here's my (crappy) code I did write:
using System.Collections.Generic;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace XervosMod.Items
{
public class XervosMod : ModItem
{
public override bool Autoload(ref string name, ref string texture, IList<EquipType> equips)
{
equips.Add(EquipType.Wings);
return true;
}

public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "Waldo Wings";
item.width = 22;
item.height = 20;
item.toolTip = "Long flight!";
item.value = 1000000;
item.rare = 5;
item.accessory = true;
}
//these wings use the same values as the solar wings
public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
player.wingTimeMax = 180000000;
}

public override void VerticalWingSpeeds(ref float ascentWhenFalling, ref float ascentWhenRising,
ref float maxCanAscendMultiplier, ref float maxAscentMultiplier, ref float constantAscend)
{
ascentWhenFalling = 0.85f;
ascentWhenRising = 0.15f;
maxCanAscendMultiplier = 1f;
maxAscentMultiplier = 3f;
constantAscend = 0.135f;
}

public override void HorizontalWingSpeeds(ref float speed, ref float acceleration)
{
speed = 11f;
acceleration *= 3f;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(null, "angelwings", 1);
recipe.AddIngredient(null, "demonwings", 1);
recipe.AddTile(null, "mythrilanvil");
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}

Thank you for taking the time to reply.:) I just hope it gets fixed soon, because I was having trouble finding some mods I would want to have a survival with.

You can use this to Download mods
All Mods in the Mod Browser get shown there
Press the Button Combination that opens the search Window (i dont know wich it is on Mac) and search the mods you wanted

Sorry to interrupt the 1.3.3 Compatibility discussion but-

I'm very new to C# And decided to use the ExampleMod as a base to make custom wings, of course, I ran into errors and required help.
Here's my (crappy) code I did write:
using System.Collections.Generic;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace XervosMod.Items
{
public class XervosMod : ModItem
{
public override bool Autoload(ref string name, ref string texture, IList<EquipType> equips)
{
equips.Add(EquipType.Wings);
return true;
}

public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "Waldo Wings";
item.width = 22;
item.height = 20;
item.toolTip = "Long flight!";
item.value = 1000000;
item.rare = 5;
item.accessory = true;
}
//these wings use the same values as the solar wings
public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
player.wingTimeMax = 180000000;
}

public override void VerticalWingSpeeds(ref float ascentWhenFalling, ref float ascentWhenRising,
ref float maxCanAscendMultiplier, ref float maxAscentMultiplier, ref float constantAscend)
{
ascentWhenFalling = 0.85f;
ascentWhenRising = 0.15f;
maxCanAscendMultiplier = 1f;
maxAscentMultiplier = 3f;
constantAscend = 0.135f;
}

public override void HorizontalWingSpeeds(ref float speed, ref float acceleration)
{
speed = 11f;
acceleration *= 3f;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(null, "angelwings", 1);
recipe.AddIngredient(null, "demonwings", 1);
recipe.AddTile(null, "mythrilanvil");
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}
There are no syntax errors here.
1. Do you have a mod class?
2. " recipe.AddTile(null, "mythrilanvil");" this is the code for adding a Mod tile to a recipe. Look at other examples to see how vanilla tiles are referenced. Same with the items.

Back
Top Bottom