• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

cool3122

Terrarian
So i am in a little bit of a predicament and windows is giving me the error that this app cannot be launched and it says that it's the developer's fault.

jtphjtph

Terrarian
Tried to download Tmodloader after totally deleting my Terraria folder(s), because I wanted a fresh start or something.
Installed Tmodloader.
When I click the "Mod Browser" button, Terraria freezes up and starts not responding.
I think that if I wait a while, the mod browser works, but is it going to freeze up every time I try to get a new mod?
I can live perfectly fine with a minute or so wait, but it is just inconvenient. Anyone know if loading in the mods takes a while, or if its a bug of some sort?

powpowitsme

Steampunker
Tried to download Tmodloader after totally deleting my Terraria folder(s), because I wanted a fresh start or something.
Installed Tmodloader.
When I click the "Mod Browser" button, Terraria freezes up and starts not responding.
I think that if I wait a while, the mod browser works, but is it going to freeze up every time I try to get a new mod?
I can live perfectly fine with a minute or so wait, but it is just inconvenient. Anyone know if loading in the mods takes a while, or if its a bug of some sort?
It freezes up for a very short time for me. Your computer may be a bit weaker or something causing it to load slower. But i'm not even sure if it's a computer problem..
Honestly, it's not that annoying.
In short; yes, it's going to freeze up every time.
As for the not responding part, i'm not sure. If the problem persists, you can just download mods manually.

Ryushusupercat

Terrarian
I'm getting kind of a big problem at the moment;
crash.png

It does this at the moment it tries to load ZoaklenMod, and I've very recently updated Shadow's Mod, Dedicated Wing Slot and Nightmares Unleashed. I have a feeling ZoaklenMod isn't playing nice with one of these mods, but I don't know how to fix it, since now it just crashes every time I try to open Terraria.

EDIT: It also crashed when I tried to reload my mods after updating those three I mentioned earlier.
I'm going to try deleting Shadow's Mod, and see what that does.
That didn't work, and neither did deleting Wing slot. So it most likely has to be Nightmares Unleashed that's conflicting with ZoaklenMod...

Last edited:

Flandre_Scarlet

Skeletron Prime
Whenever I try to change my key bindings in tModloader, and press to change a button, it switches to "None" and then freezes any input, so I have to alt F4 out of the game.

Audrina2k

Terrarian
EDIT: It also crashed when I tried to reload my mods after updating those three I mentioned earlier.
That didn't work, and neither did deleting Wing slot. So it most likely has to be Nightmares Unleashed that's conflicting with ZoaklenMod...[/QUOTE]

I spent 2 and a half hours with this today. Go on nightmares unleashed and you'll see my post. It doesn't play nice with Thorium if any but his are loaded, cosmetic if cheat sheet, calamity, and pie's vanity are loaded along with his- and a few other things. I had to stop. I can tell you that Zoalken did NOT launch either. I have 12 mods loaded, and not all worlds have all of them, but i'm telling you- it was pretty tedious. He's a great guy and I'm certain he's trying to find the problem.

Ryushusupercat

Terrarian
That didn't work, and neither did deleting Wing slot. So it most likely has to be Nightmares Unleashed that's conflicting with ZoaklenMod...
I spent 2 and a half hours with this today. Go on nightmares unleashed and you'll see my post. It doesn't play nice with Thorium if any but his are loaded, cosmetic if cheat sheet, calamity, and pie's vanity are loaded along with his- and a few other things. I had to stop. I can tell you that Zoalken did NOT launch either. I have 12 mods loaded, and not all worlds have all of them, but i'm telling you- it was pretty tedious. He's a great guy and I'm certain he's trying to find the problem.[/QUOTE]

Thank you; I'll keep a sharp eye on that thread for updates. I'd really hate to get rid of Nightmares Unleashed, it's a good mod.

Flandre_Scarlet

Skeletron Prime
Nightmares Unleashed is still working, or at least it has before it's update yesterday. It might be possible to reverse the update to a earlier version.

Jessebler

Terrarian
When I use the TModLoader version of Terraria, create a character or world, then switch back to the normal version of Terraria, my world/s or character/s is gone. How do I have the same characters or worlds on both versions?

powpowitsme

Steampunker
When I use the TModLoader version of Terraria, create a character or world, then switch back to the normal version of Terraria, my world/s or character/s is gone. How do I have the same characters or worlds on both versions?
From my knowledge, you can't. You wouldn't want the data corrupting because you loaded it in vanilla(or atleast, i assume that would happen), would you?

Jessebler

Terrarian
From my knowledge, you can't. You wouldn't want the data corrupting because you loaded it in vanilla(or atleast, i assume that would happen), would you?
I just want to get a world I made in TModLoader, take it out, then put it in the normal Terraria. When I go look at the world files folder for TModLoader, they are .twld files. If I could convert those to .wld files then I could put them in my regular Terraria worlds folder. Are there any ways I could make a .twld into a .wld? Or would that not work?

powpowitsme

Steampunker
I just want to get a world I made in TModLoader, take it out, then put it in the normal Terraria. When I go look at the world files folder for TModLoader, they are .twld files. If I could convert those to .wld files then I could put them in my regular Terraria worlds folder. Are there any ways I could make a .twld into a .wld? Or would that not work?
I don't think that will work. I'm not a developer of tmodloader, but i'm fairly certain it won't work.

Solo-Ion

Dungeon Spirit
Actually, it's really easy. tModLoader's .wld files are basically vanilla files, and the .twld file is a sidecar file that contains the modded data. You can copy the .wld file from tModLoader to the vanilla version. However, you might get corruption if you make changes in vanilla then copy back to tModLoader, (because the .twld file may conflict with changes made by the vanilla version,) so backup your worlds before overwriting.

NickWilde992

Terrarian
How do I make it so that I can make an accessory that will make you immune to Cursed Inferno?
I can't find anything useful.

Code:

using System.Collections.Generic;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace TerrariaMod.Items
{
public class CursedFlame : ModItem
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "Cursed Flame";
item.width = 32;
item.height = 32;
item.toolTip = "Immunity to Cursed Inferno";
item.value = 1000000;
item.rare = 6;
item.accessory = true;
}

public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
player.immune =
}
}
}

PerZue

Terrarian
Verify that you have the right TML version with the right GOG Terraria version. Version mismatch is the most common cause of such issues. Make sure you are using the latest GOG version of Terraria which is 1.3.3.2 with the latest TML GOG patch which is 0.8.3.4. If you can't resolve the issue, then please send me a PM and I'll do my best to get you up and running. :)
thats okay, i got it now.. just had wrong terraria version :) thanks :)
[doublepost=1475397039,1475396920][/doublepost]
Verify that you have the right TML version with the right GOG Terraria version. Version mismatch is the most common cause of such issues. Make sure you are using the latest GOG version of Terraria which is 1.3.3.2 with the latest TML GOG patch which is 0.8.3.4. If you can't resolve the issue, then please send me a PM and I'll do my best to get you up and running. :)
thats okay, i got it now.. just had wrong terraria version :) thanks :)

Jessebler

Terrarian
Actually, it's really easy. tModLoader's .wld files are basically vanilla files, and the .twld file is a sidecar file that contains the modded data. You can copy the .wld file from tModLoader to the vanilla version. However, you might get corruption if you make changes in vanilla then copy back to tModLoader, (because the .twld file may conflict with changes made by the vanilla version,) so backup your worlds before overwriting.
The world I want to use on vanilla Terraria only has 3 files for some reason (.twld, .twld.bak, and wld.bak). The .wld file is missing. All my other worlds made in TModLoader have .wld files.

Kazzymodus

Staff member
How do I make it so that I can make an accessory that will make you immune to Cursed Inferno?
I can't find anything useful.

Code:

using System.Collections.Generic;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace TerrariaMod.Items
{
public class CursedFlame : ModItem
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "Cursed Flame";
item.width = 32;
item.height = 32;
item.toolTip = "Immunity to Cursed Inferno";
item.value = 1000000;
item.rare = 6;
item.accessory = true;
}

public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
player.immune =
}
}
}
Put player.buffImmune[BuffID.CursedInferno] = true; in your UpdateAccessory method.

Top Bottom