Single Thread RP A House Somewhere in Time and Space

*Mela finally takes notice of the odd mound of vines fiddling with the remote.*

(Wait, remote?)

*Mela just now sees the TV mounted on the wall, previously too distracted by her current situation to really take note of the TV on the wall. This is actually her first time seeing a television, though she knows what it is, she was told about them by Stephanie and Persis, who both came from the borders of The Continent.*

(Right... I hope the they're doing alright now. I didn't die for nothing, after all.)

(...hopefully Jess is handling it well.)

*Mela grows gloomy at the thought of Jess... is he doing alright, now that she's dead? She really hopes Jess found whatever else he was looking for, and that he defeats the Brimstone Witch.*

*Mela's mind snaps back to reality and finally realizes that those vines are moving. Though, it's not too much of a shock to Mela, she's found and killed plenty of sentient plant matter before.*

"Uh... vine pile... thing, can you talk?"
Tensing up, the vine mound grips the remote tightly. It takes a few short breaths, before looking at Mela.
“…”
“Considering I’m also operating the TV, pretty sure it wouldn’t be much of a stretch to think I can talk.”

Tensing up, the vine mound grips the remote tightly. It takes a few short breaths, before looking at Mela.
“…”
“Considering I’m also operating the TV, pretty sure it wouldn’t be much of a stretch to think I can talk.”
"If it were a stretch I wouldn't have asked in the first place."

*Mela observes the mound of vines breathing, and it almost unsettles her a little. The sentient plants she's seen haven't had the need to breathe conventionally, but it doesn't shock Mela that one would need to, she's seen much weirder before.*

"Mind if I ask who, and what, are you?"

"If it were a stretch I wouldn't have asked in the first place."

*Mela observes the mound of vines breathing, and it almost unsettles her a little. The sentient plants she's seen haven't had the need to breathe conventionally, but it doesn't shock Mela that one would need to, she's seen much weirder before.*

"Mind if I ask who, and what, are you?"
“…”
Vinessa stares at Mela, seeming almost a bit ticked off.
“Vinessa; just call me V though. Way less of a mouthful.”
“For the record, I’m a plant folk.”

“…”
Vinessa stares at Mela, seeming almost a bit ticked off.
“Vinessa; just call me V though. Way less of a mouthful.”
“For the record, I’m a plant folk.”
*Mela tilts her head in confusion, clearly unsure of what a plant folk is.*

"Plant folk? I haven't heard of an entire race of sentient plants before, I've only ever encountered like, uh... three? All three were abnormalities for their own species, two of them tried to eat me, and none of them were capable of speech, so this is a first for me."

*Mela lays down on her back, head resting on the arm of the couch. She seems to have eased up around Vinessa, in contrast to Vinessa themselves.*

"Nice to meet ya, by the way. Name's Mela."

*Mela tilts her head in confusion, clearly unsure of what a plant folk is.*

"Plant folk? I haven't heard of an entire race of sentient plants before, I've only ever encountered like, uh... three? All three were abnormalities for their own species, two of them tried to eat me, and none of them were capable of speech, so this is a first for me."

*Mela lays down on her back, head resting on the arm of the couch. She seems to have eased up around Vinessa, in contrast to Vinessa themselves.*

"Nice to meet ya, by the way. Name's Mela."
"...Uh..."
"N-Nice to meet you too."
"..."

Vinessa glances back at the TV.
"Still can't figure out what to watch..."

*Mela looks up to the ceiling for a little bit, just resting for a couple minutes. Eventually, she turns her head to look at Vinessa again.*

"Hey, Vinessa, you got any idea on where we are? For a while, I was assuming this was Heaven, but honestly I don't think I could've even gotten into any sort of Heaven, so I then assumed that this is, what's it called, Limbo? Don't know about you, but I've already died, but you seem well enough alive that I doubt this is actually an afterlife of any sort, so I'm just incredibly lost thinking about where we are."
Vinessa glances back at them as she speaks up.
"...um..."
"...."

She looks over at one of the walls, trying to figure out where to look.
Before just throwing consideration to the wind.
"...HEY. HOUSE MASTER."

"...Uh..."
"N-Nice to meet you too."
"..."

Vinessa glances back at the TV.
"Still can't figure out what to watch..."
*Mela looks up to the ceiling for a little bit, just resting for a couple minutes. Eventually, she turns her head to look at Vinessa again.*

"Hey, Vinessa, you got any idea on where we are? For a while, I was assuming this was Heaven, but honestly I don't think I could've even gotten into any sort of Heaven, so I then assumed that this is, what's it called, Limbo? Don't know about you, but I've already died, but you seem well enough alive that I doubt this is actually an afterlife of any sort, so I'm just incredibly lost thinking about where we are."

(My bad, put the posts out of order accidentally. I was trying to fix the fact that I didn't reply at first, it just messed with my brain seeing every post previous having been a reply to another and then mine just stopped it.)

Vinessa glances back at them as she speaks up.
"...um..."
"...."

She looks over at one of the walls, trying to figure out where to look.
Before just throwing consideration to the wind.
"...HEY. HOUSE MASTER."
*Mela looks around, clearly confused but expecting something nonetheless. A name like 'House Master' clearly implies that they're more than likely the person they should be asking questions about this place.*

*Mela looks around, clearly confused but expecting something nonetheless. A name like 'House Master' clearly implies that they're more than likely the person they should be asking questions about this place.*
And soon enough, a certain, somewhat large voice speaks up. Sounds like it comes from behind the walls.
"...ah. Another guest?"
"Welcome."

And soon enough, a certain, somewhat large voice speaks up. Sounds like it comes from behind the walls.
"...ah. Another guest?"
"Welcome."
*Mela almost freezes in fear for a few moments. She has had very bad experiences with disembodied, booming voices. After determining that the voice is not in fact inside her head however, she calms down considerably, though is still noticeably on edge.*

"You're the House Master, yeah? Mind if I ask you a couple questions?"

*Mela almost freezes in fear for a few moments. She has had very bad experiences with disembodied, booming voices. After determining that the voice is not in fact inside her head however, she calms down considerably, though is still noticeably on edge.*
Vinessa raises a brow, almost like she noticed...
She sure isn't saying anything though.

"You're the House Master, yeah? Mind if I ask you a couple questions?"
"Ask away."

"Let me start with the biggest one, what is this place? And secondly, why am I here?"
"...First of all, this is The House."
"A place of paradise for guests such as yourself."
"Second of all..."
"That, I cannot answer. I've only opened this place up to guests recently, so while that explains how you can be here, it does not explain why you find yourself here."
"You could have died...or you could have been brought here by forces beyond your comprehension."
"I would not be able to tell if you have died or not."

"...First of all, this is The House."
"A place of paradise for guests such as yourself."
"Second of all..."
"That, I cannot answer. I've only opened this place up to guests recently, so while that explains how you can be here, it does not explain why you find yourself here."
"You could have died...or you could have been brought here by forces beyond your comprehension."
"I would not be able to tell if you have died or not."
*Mela stops to take a second to think. For as much as she wants to, she's surprisingly sure that the House Master is telling the truth about not being able to tell why she's here, so she drops it, for now.*

*What she can do, however, is ask more questions.*

"Alright, then... another question, what do I do while I'm here? I've already seen a couple doors around this... is this a lounge? Either way, where do those lead? What's around this house?"

*Mela stops to take a second to think. For as much as she wants to, she's surprisingly sure that the House Master is telling the truth about not being able to tell why she's here, so she drops it, for now.*

*What she can do, however, is ask more questions.*

"Alright, then... another question, what do I do while I'm here? I've already seen a couple doors around this... is this a lounge? Either way, where do those lead? What's around this house?"
"They lead to just about anything you can imagine."
"Though there is a pool area, a dining room, and a games room."

Vinessa is still visibly just fiddling with the tv remote, still looking for a good channel to settle on.

"They lead to just about anything you can imagine."
"Though there is a pool area, a dining room, and a games room."

Vinessa is still visibly just fiddling with the tv remote, still looking for a good channel to settle on.
*Mela just nods her head, absorbing all this information. She has one more question.*

"How many other guests are there here?"

*Mela also takes notice of Vinessa fiddling with the remote still, but Mela doesn't know how to work a TV herself so she can't help her, despite wanting to.*

Back
Top Bottom