A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they might intend to release 1.3.1 as Console 1.3. What do you guys think? or they may also stick with 1.3 as Console 1.3.?

I expect it will most likely be the final release version of 1.3 (1.3.0.7) and then they will bring the 1.3.X content post launch (hopefully more quickly than in the past, with the code being redone and cleaned up).

The point being it will be based on the latest stable 1.3 codebase, semantics aside. :p

The Console or Mobile versions are not supposed to be modded to begin with, so anyone who has done so is on their own when that indeed happens.
I'm just warning people because the amount of duping of modded items on console is so tremendous that some people could have modded items and not know it
[doublepost=1492661075,1492660888][/doublepost]
I'm just warning people because the amount of duping of modded items on console is so tremendous that some people could have modded items and not know it
Like me I had wills wings and I didn't know Wich mean a friend or someone else left it in a chest on my main world and forgot it so I deleted it

the way I look at it the Dev items will get the 1.3 nerf. Sure if you got the item illegitimately the value is already degraded but the whole fun is collecting the sets. I've only beaten the Moon Lord twice since 1.3 came out but it's still fun to try over and over again to see what you can do against him.

the way I look at it the Dev items will get the 1.3 nerf. Sure if you got the item illegitimately the value is already degraded but the whole fun is collecting the sets. I've only beaten the Moon Lord twice since 1.3 came out but it's still fun to try over and over again to see what you can do against him.
That's why I deleted and trace of dev/modded items on my world so I would have fun getting them from expert bosses

That's why I deleted and trace of dev/modded items on my world so I would have fun getting them from expert bosses
Oh god, does this mean I will no longer have infinite flight time?
Well, I guess that's a good thing, though. Pretty much every time I try to play Terraria legit I manage until WoF and then I'm like, "Nope, screw this I'm getting an AIW."
Now I can finally enjoy the game how it is meant to be played without turning to the dark side after a few hours of playing.

Oh god, does this mean I will no longer have infinite flight time?
Well, I guess that's a good thing, though. Pretty much every time I try to play Terraria legit I manage until WoF and then I'm like, "Nope, screw this I'm getting an AIW."
Now I can finally enjoy the game how it is meant to be played without turning to the dark side after a few hours of playing.
Well when 1.3 comes the best wings will be the solar flare wing Wich have a really good flight time and speed bonus

I hope that there will be new about the update. #Haysst though I see that Pipeworks people are caffeinated just to code the game according to their twitter. Hoping for some great news for console and mobile.

I have a suggestion for control for yoyos in mobile. So the attack joystick is a little bit diffirent, as you move the joystick the yoyo moves where the joystick is. Like the middle is the character and there will be a scope or target thing on the screen to keep track of the yoyo

well, there should be a pipeworks stream today at 2:00 PT, if you guys wanna know more
twitch.tv/terrariaofficial

Last edited:
Something I just realized about the re-write if old saves will still work as they have said then:
1. They will have to keep the same package name ("com.and.games505.terraria" for the version that starts as the demo) on android to access internal saves (because they are stored in app data)
2. All exclusive items will have to be kept in to avoid file corruption meaning that to achieve a "one terraria experience" they will have to be put min all other versions
(This point applies to console as well)

2. All exclusive items will have to be kept in to avoid file corruption meaning that to achieve a "one terraria experience" they will have to be put min all other versions
(This point applies to console as well)

This is true for each version. It is not necessarily true across versions. For example, Console saves do not have Lepus...so not adding Lepus to them will not corrupt those saves.

Also, removing something like enemies would not corrupt anything. Only potentially the exclusive drops (unless the dev team just reassigned their item IDs, I suppose).

Regardless, that should not be taken as a "they are looking to remove your mobile stuff". :p

I'm glad that you are keeping us updated about the release of 1.3. I have had terraria on PS3 since release and now on PS4 and I have been eagerly waiting for 1.3 ever since it was first announced. But then there was silence for months but regardless, I am still glad there was a progress update at all. Keep working on it and I hope you meet your goal time!

I watched about 1/2 hour of Pipeworks stream last night and as soon as they said "we don't have any info yet" I shut off and went back to Youtube 1.3 videos

I really hope they have some more info for us soon, even if its just a screenshot

For a developer, they sure do like to keep their lips sealed
Friendly reminder that the streamers aren't even developers and are just "community managers" of Pipeworks.
And would it kill to be patient? We're in the Q2 range. Not much waiting from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom