A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same on Trippy vs color lighting?
Just fired up the game and no longer experiencing the issue. May have just been occuring because i jumped straight in as soon as the update was available but after the console reset its smooth as hell. Night and day difference. Cheers mate.

for some reason i cant trash items. my guess was that trash held item would be it to trash what I have my cursor over in my inventory but nope. I remember in 1.3 I could simply trash an item by pressing square on my controller but now I don't really know how to trash.

I play on PS4 btw

for some reason i cant trash items. my guess was that trash held item would be it to trash what I have my cursor over in my inventory but nope. I remember in 1.3 I could simply trash an item by pressing square on my controller but now I don't really know how to trash.

I play on PS4 btw

The update might need some getting used to because I only played for a bit and the same thing happened to me too. I couldn't quick trash I had to manually pick it up and throw it away. It also changed all my controls.

The update might need some getting used to because I only played for a bit and the same thing happened to me too. I couldn't quick trash I had to manually pick it up and throw it away. It also changed all my controls.
yeah i cant even trash it by trying to hover my cursor over the bin. every time I do it, it just goes to the next group thing like the chest inventory. I'm having to store my stuff in chests cuz I cant even throw them out of my inventory

yeah i cant even trash it by trying to hover my cursor over the bin. every time I do it, it just goes to the next group thing like the chest inventory. I'm having to store my stuff in chests cuz I cant even throw them out of my inventory
I need to test to see if the same thing happens to me on xbox

only thing i am having trouble with is the housing query thing... i'm not quite sure how to check housing and move villagers into houses?

i go into the menu, select housing query, move the cursor over the house and tried all the buttons, same when selecting an NPC and an empty house... nothing happens?

i've done this both with and without autopause on... nothing changes.

i mean, the NPCs can move into houses on their own... but if i wanna move them somewhere else, i'm unable to.

am i missing something? i dunno if it's a glitch, or if i need to do something else with the controls...

only thing i am having trouble with is the housing query thing... i'm not quite sure how to check housing and move villagers into houses?

i go into the menu, select housing query, move the cursor over the house and tried all the buttons, same when selecting an NPC and an empty house... nothing happens?

i've done this both with and without autopause on... nothing changes.

i mean, the NPCs can move into houses on their own... but if i wanna move them somewhere else, i'm unable to.

am i missing something? i dunno if it's a glitch, or if i need to do something else with the controls...
That is also really the only issue I'm having, so I'll follow your post for an answer hopefully, also if anyone could shed some light on what the 4 icons are under the minimap represent? I.e the sqaure box, plus sign, yellow arrow thing, and the controller looking thing?

but then can you still bind other things to L2/R2? for example, Use Item on R1 and Interact on R2? (see also here)

no, you have to choose whether you want to assign things to the front or back shoulder buttons.

the reason is because the ones you don't have set to use actions, will be used to cycle through the hotbar, as well as holding them down and pressing other buttons for shortcuts, and zooming in/out, etc.

if you were able to assign actions to all four of them, you'd be unable to cycle through the hotbar and everything.

That is also really the only issue I'm having, so I'll follow your post for an answer hopefully, also if anyone could shed some light on what the 4 icons are under the minimap represent? I.e the sqaure box, plus sign, yellow arrow thing, and the controller looking thing?

i'm also confused about those icons... hopefully those can be explained, along with the housing query issue.

but i imagine everyone is busy dealing with the biggest issue at hand, the endless syncing on xbox, which is understandable.

Am I missing something, because I can no longer do manual, precise aiming with a pickaxe? The cursor only moves to the center of the player, and the stops moving.

Edit: now I can't place precisely, either. Without this, it's near impossible to build.

Further info: this only happens in multiplayer, splitscreen

Another edit: This seems to only happen when zoomed in. Zooming out lets you precise aim again.

This is why companies use beta testing instead of in house 😒 You know how to use it so you test it the way you know it works.

Last edited:
alright, i know i said my wait extends into next year...

...but i might go ahead and make a new character and world now.

i love all the new little things, like the wind... grass, flowers, vines, and trees swaying, the stars falling in the background at night.

even saw a meteor falling!

saw skeletron clouds, tree clouds, a balloon and even the EoC floating around.

also, not sure if it was just me, but when i dropped into a little cave with a tunnel leading to the surface during a windy day, it sounded like the wind was howling through the opening.

i don't have it in me to resist playing for several more months. :dryadpassionate:
I’m really glad to hear that you are enjoying this!!!

I play on PS4 btw

Which control scheme? On Advanced, you just select the item (A) and then press quick trash (down). We added the second step of selecting the item first due to years and years of countless reports of accidental deletions from hitting the wrong button.

On Advanced, at least:
  • Go to inventory
  • Rotate over to the housing section
  • Press the "world" toggle (if you didn't know, you can toggle between the playable world and inventory without closing inventory now) - this is Y on Advanced
  • Put cursor on whatever room, use command (query or assignment)
  • Press the world/inventory toggle to go back to inventory
  • Close inventory.

This is why companies use beta testing instead of in house 😒 You know how to use it so you test it the way you know it works.

You mean like @Leinfors and I each spending north of 100-300 hours with it? Did that.
Am I missing something, because I can no longer do manual, precise aiming with a pickaxe? The cursor only moves to the center of the player, and the stops moving.

This is after you have swapped between smart cursor on/off? (R3 on Advanced)

Which control scheme? On Advanced, you just select the item (A) and then press quick trash (down). We added the second step of selecting the item first due to years and years of countless reports of accidental deletions from hitting the wrong button.

On Advanced, at least:
  • Go to inventory
  • Rotate over to the housing section
  • Press the "world" toggle (if you didn't know, you can toggle between the playable world and inventory without closing inventory now) - this is Y on Advanced
  • Put cursor on whatever room, use command (query or assignment)
  • Press the world/inventory toggle to go back to inventory
  • Close inventory.

regarding that first thing, yeah, i was a victim of that... i grinded for ancient shadow armor on my 1.3 character.

then attempting to store it away, i accidentally trashed the ENTIRE set... that was a rough day.

anyway, as for the housing query... nope, nothing.

i tried it on classic, advanced, i did even tried it without autopause on.

there is a "housing query" listed the in controller bindings, i tried binding a button to that, but that does nothing?

actually, even when i bind something to that command, the controls that appear at the bottom of the screen says to press the circle button for query, and says "kick out" when i move the cursor over an NPC's banner, but no matter what i press, nothing happens.

i've tried everything i can think of, housing query simply does not work, strangely.

i am playing on PS4, just to let you know.

You mean like @Leinfors and I each spending north of 100-300 hours with it? Did that.
I'm not suggesting you haven't. But with respect, people with higher than average understanding of the game, and some connections to the developers (even if indirectly) make poor testers.

You already have experience testing and playing the mobile version (ignoring your experience with PC), and so entered into testing this version with advanced knowledge of how it is supposed to work. It's testing it, by testing it the way it's meant to be played.

Random testers are better, as they don't try the way it's meant to be done. They do peculiar things; well things that might be peculiar to the developer but seem intuitive to a random player.

I've been there so many times. Coded part of a site to work, tested it, given it to another coder to test, and it's worked perfectly. The second it's released into the wild, someone's tried doing something I wouldn't dream of, and it's all gone to pot.

I know you both tested it, as you've shown many shots of it. But it's not the same as a wider, more random testing, especially with update of this scale.

I am very sorry for offending you, both. I did not mean to at all.

This is after you have swapped between smart cursor on/off? (R3 on Advanced)

It is yes. It appears only to happen in splitscreen, and only when zoomed nearly all the way. Zoomed out a bit and it's fine.

if you were able to assign actions to all four of them, you'd be unable to cycle through the hotbar and everything.

unless you assign hotbar cycling and everything to other buttons (like PS4_Square.png / PS4_Triangle.png), right?

Alright, Im back guys and would you believe it I started a fresh Journey Mode playthrough doing everything legit, and I am now in the lategame as in ive reached Plantera, basically i got aload of silver ingots early from chests then i mined for gold and upgraded to Gold stuff before getting a light pet from the crimson, I ended up challenging the BOC and Skeletron earlier than normal and managed to get Molten gear and the NE way earleir than I normally would and today I beat the EOC and after some grinding managed to get the three mechanical items and i beat them. I am on Chlorophte level gear now and am going to hopefully beat Plantera and Golem tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom