A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite a few major controls changed like X is jump now and not R2 like it was on old gen console, so I kept pushing the wrong buttons also

This is what I mean by the wrong default. Default needs to be the Red's Pick analog at best or at worst Advanced. Will get all of that sorted, but imo, use Advanced or make your own for now.

Mine has been syncing files for the last half hour, is that supposed to happen?

Xbox One Elite. Updated game. Started game and got syncing files for like 39 minutes now. Getting worried. Is there a something I should do??

Update: syncing issues that prevent the game from EVEN starting!!! Just read all about it. Good job team! (Slow golf clap...)

There is an Xbox-Only issue that is impacting some players where this occurs. It is the top priority for DR at the moment. This was never seen in prelaunch testing, and has not been able to be replicated by Re-Logic, 505, DR, or even some beta testers and QA... on work AND on personal machines (including myself). DR is trying to find the pattern as to why it impacts some folks and not others.

Sure, everyone wishes it wasn't here - but at the same time, not really sure how to prevent a thing that even now, even knowing about it no one can replicate in house. That isn't to deny its existence or impact, just makes prevention AND fixing such an issue difficult at best.

I can definitely say performance took a hit on PS4 which leads me to believe this is what it keeping the Switch version from releasing considering it chugs even on 1.3. I do hope that's fixed soon though.

Details on where you are seeing performance issues? Again, as @Leinfors and I pointed out before, we had BETTER performance than ever before... but we tested on XB1. One thing I have heard helps is if you swap off to Trippy lighting for now.

not sure if its just the tv im using but the GUI kinda cuts off but i managed to fix a workaround by switching the GUI to compact

No need to do that, use the Safe Zone menu located in Settings > Interface > Advanced > Safe Zone (note that you can only access this currently from the Main Menu of Terraria, not while in a world). Then you can go back to using whatever UI you want.

1. Jump is grapple
  2. Grapple is jump

So you wanted Grapple on L1 and Jump on A? (XB1)

I remember Classic Console not being close either, but it's been so long since I played 1.2 that I can't remember why. If I get time I'll dig out the PS3 and get back to you.

Over time, I have learned that you can not and will not ever pick any default or even a series of defaults that satisfy everyone. That's why robust remapping is key, and is here.

The error here, as it is, is the lack of a Red's Pick analog being the main default. Classic Console is too different. Again, this will be rectified.

So I can just assign ← to HB1 etc.?

Correct.

Also, are the textures always going to be like this? Or will there be a patch to bring them up to the parity we've all been told about?

Can I see an image of what you are referring to? Neither @Leinfors nor myself noted any graphical anomalies (that were not fixed prelaunch at least) or we would have flagged them... and we both played it.. a lot.

This is what I mean by the wrong default. Default needs to be the Red's Pick analog at best or at worst Advanced. Will get all of that sorted, but imo, use Advanced or make your own for now.

There is an Xbox-Only issue that is impacting some players where this occurs. It is the top priority for DR at the moment. This was never seen in prelaunch testing, and has not been able to be replicated by Re-Logic, 505, DR, or even some beta testers and QA... on work AND on personal machines (including myself). DR is trying to find the pattern as to why it impacts some folks and not others.

Sure, everyone wishes it wasn't here - but at the same time, not really sure how to prevent a thing that even now, even knowing about it no one can replicate in house. That isn't to deny its existence or impact, just makes prevention AND fixing such an issue difficult at best.

Details on where you are seeing performance issues? Again, as @Leinfors and I pointed out before, we had BETTER performance than ever before... but we tested on XB1. One thing I have heard helps is if you swap off to Trippy lighting for now.

No need to do that, use the Safe Zone menu located in Settings > Interface > Advanced > Safe Zone (note that you can only access this currently from the Main Menu of Terraria, not while in a world). Then you can go back to using whatever UI you want.

So you wanted Grapple on L1 and Jump on A? (XB1)

Over time, I have learned that you can not and will not ever pick any default or even a series of defaults that satisfy everyone. That's why robust remapping is key, and is here.

The error here, as it is, is the lack of a Red's Pick analog being the main default. Classic Console is too different. Again, this will be rectified.

Correct.

Can I see an image of what you are referring to? Neither @Leinfors nor myself noted any graphical anomalies (that were not fixed prelaunch at least) or we would have flagged them... and we both played it.. a lot.
Hi Loki, nice talking to you, and dont worry Ive gotten used to the controls now, I just needed time to adjust although I could alreadys remap them, I don't mind using the current ones. Also thanks for the help, but I managed to find it now after poking around on the forums, so yeah problem solved my friend.

I can not figure out how to research on ps4! Ive remapped buttons, etc, can someone explain steps like i am 5 please?

I can not figure out how to research on ps4! Ive remapped buttons, etc, can someone explain steps like i am 5 please?
Its on the inventory screen, on the left handside under the power menu there should be a button that says research when you hover over it. Its late here in the UK, so I can't check on my PS4 right now and I can't remember what the Ui looks like yet.

And Ridz yes the update is out now its been out for some hours now.

As a big tmodloader player, seeing mods on console would be amazing. I would love to have the fun mods on console to play with my friends that don't have pc.
Ugh yes!! Being able to add mods on console would seriously be life changing!!

I'm confused for why some of the UI/Control changes were implemented.
  • Why is Auto Select unable to be initially used with the Smart Cursor when that was how it worked previously? Why do you need to manually position the cursor in manual mode first now?
  • Why do items now strictly only swap inventory spots instead of swapping with the cursor's held item?
  • Why cant the PS4/5 touchpad be mapped to open the fullscreen map anymore?

Last edited:
All this waiting and the game is now unplayable thanks the top bar being off screen. Can't even see what the weapons are.

Surely, after the complaints in 1.3 about this, something could have been done to address this?
True, I'm playing on PS4, and even after I altered the safe area to it's minimum, nothing happened. The game is basically unplayable now.

True, I'm playing on PS4, and even after I altered the safe area to it's minimum, nothing happened. The game is basically unplayable now.
I'm on PS4 too and I used the safe area to make it easier to see and it worked. I did it on menu so if your not doing that, maybe try it? I do not know if it will work.

Have you tried editing the Safe Zone from the Main Menu (not while in the game?)

Settings > Interface > Advanced

index.php

My experience was precisely the opposite.

So - can you give information on where/what is causing said lag?
Running/scrolling side to side seems more choppy and not as fluid as the previous version, almost like its dropping frames. I also notice this when using weapons, kinda like the frame rate drops. I have noticed it varies and becomes smoother if i zoom right in with it gradually becoming worse the further i zoom out. I have a year 1 ps4 if that helps? The only other issue i have noticed when building from hotbar items is once i press r3 the grid does not display, however if i press inventory the grid displays and once i back out of the inventory the grid remains.

That aside im thoroughly enjoying the update, well done team :)

Running/scrolling side to side seems more choppy and not as fluid as the previous version, almost like its dropping frames. I also notice this when using weapons, kinda like the frame rate drops. I have noticed it varies and becomes smoother if i zoom right in with it gradually becoming worse the further i zoom out. I have a year 1 ps4 if that helps? The only other issue i have noticed when building from hotbar items is once i press r3 the grid does not display, however if i press inventory the grid displays and once i back out of the inventory the grid remains.

That aside im thoroughly enjoying the update, well done team :)

Same on Trippy vs color lighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom