Official A Short Time From Now...in a Minecart Not Too Far Away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice the Portal Gun in the inventory??? :D
Well, there was this on page 15 from @Yoraiz0r...
Tp8PoSa.gif

Does this satisfy your need for portal news? =P
Did I just blow your mind? lol :D

*Lets all blow our minds like everything else in life: in moderation! ;)

I wanted to chime in just to say the new background looks nice.. Like, "Set my 9 year old laptop on fire!" nice ;) I live in constant fear that my favorite low-reqirement games'll outgrow my ancient laptop :p

*shuffles out of room with walker*

*NOTE: For best results, blow mind as often as possible. Results may vary.

The new Hell background looks great, it certainly gives the biome life and makes it feel like an entirely new place! I'm looking forward to see how the "Black Hole Beater" is going to work, as well as the function of the other new weapons in the hotbar.
I'm also looking forward to unique adventure maps being made with the Portal Gun, I'm sure they'll provide tonnes of fun!

The release date of 1.3 certainly makes me excited for the update more than ever, now that I'm able to count down the days one bye one!
I even went as far as to making a banner that links to a countdown for 1.3!

Feel free to put this in your signature! Paste the code below into your signature to do so.
Code:
[URL='http://itsalmo.st/#terraria13'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wInATWl.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Overall, I thank Re-Logic and the Terraria team for working hard on this update for a long period of time, and I look forward to its release very much! :D

Wow, this looks fantastic.
I love the new hell backround, now I wanna live there! XD
I say after 1.3, you should give more backround makeovers, such as the underground ones, etc.

What I meant is: Are there elements of the game that the developers are looking for immediate guidance in from the community? Every developer has something they want to leave up to the community to decide the final state of it.

There are always things with which the team is more or less comfortable in regards to balance. True of any project really. Do we have a list on the wall? Not that I've seen. Do we all have some potential pinch points in mind? Probably.

Some things will always be judgement calls. The proof will be in how it plays to the broader userbase.

*Lets all blow our minds like everything else in life: in moderation! ;)

I wanted to chime in just to say the new background looks nice.. Like, "Set my 9 year old laptop on fire!" nice ;) I live in constant fear that my favorite low-reqirement games'll outgrow my ancient laptop :p

*shuffles out of room with walker*

*NOTE: For best results, blow mind as often as possible. Results may vary.
Your 9 year old laptop can run Terraria? I had worries about my kinda weak laptop running 1.3, but they're all gone now. Thanks!

The new backgrounds are indeed beautiful and far more immersive than the current ones, but it makes me worry that they won't match the rest of the game as well as previous backgrounds have. The new ones appear a bit too Terraria: Otherworld for me but they certainly are amazing regardless and I hope that all the backgrounds will be changed to match in any case. It'll just take some getting used to on my part.

Hell makeover?
Portal Gun?
Silly Minecart stunts that might be impossible in current version right now?
RELEASING ON THE FINAL DAY OF SCHOOL?
144360-Ron-Paul-its-happening-gif-img-BY8j.gif

All aboard the hype train, folks, next stop 1.3.

Hell makeover?
Portal Gun?
Silly Minecart stunts that might be impossible in current version right now?
RELEASING ON THE FINAL DAY OF SCHOOL?
144360-Ron-Paul-its-happening-gif-img-BY8j.gif

All aboard the hype train, folks, next stop 1.3.
You are one of the many lucky ones. At least it's close to my birthday...

Man O MAN!!! What an awesome spoiler! I mean, even though i had to watch it around 1337 times just because i was staring at the background of hell and whatever that biome was outside the teleporter, IM SUPER HYPED!!! SHYGUY APPROVES

yeeeey new underworld background it really looks "1.3 style"
BTW guys..did you noticed a green ore in the underworld during the trailer? and how that armor is good against lava/fire?
and the music after coming back from the underworld...
well...its waiting time!

WOW I am late to this. Anyways, here are some new features I can scrape up.
  • Lunar Armor
  • New Hellstone Texture
  • New Temporarily Lava-Resistant Minecarts
  • Incredible new background textures
  • New Green Ore/New Texture at about 0:16
  • Some kind of gate
  • Obsidian Tile
  • Some sort of new colorful block at 0:34
  • New Thunder

There are always things with which the team is more or less comfortable in regards to balance. True of any project really. Do we have a list on the wall? Not that I've seen. Do we all have some potential pinch points in mind? Probably.

Some things will always be judgement calls. The proof will be in how it plays to the broader userbase.
Redigit just has a list pinned to his basement wall that he adds to and one day Cenx just doodles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom