Map-Adventure A Terraria Adventure Map : Echoes of the Lost World

The arena is very well-designed. Hide behind the walls and snipe plantera with the pulse bow. When plantera gets too close, sprint away using the master ninja gear/tabi.
After failing a few times, you'll be able to find some new armor after warping to plantera' room.

huh. i can never seem to dodge the hooks and they 1shot me (i'm using N Terraria because modloader broke my directories and thus i can't find the modloader directory to play it unmodded) and i have 1000 hp.

edit: this is weird. plantera 1shots me even when i have vortex armor. lol

edit 2:
well :red: https://gyazo.com/9040225f0f40dd35b5fc3c8eaaf8aaad can i just cheat a key in because i suck so badly?
edit 3: i cheated a key, and whoopdeydoo i did the thing.

falsley finished the map because i ran out of plantera spawns and i just suck in general, but it was extremely fun to play and you captured the metroid-vania vibe very well.

5/7 perfect score

Last edited:
Ummmmm, I think your N Terraria was making the boss fight buggy for you. I did the fight with Crimson Armor and she couldn't flat out one shot me.

Ummmmm, I think your N Terraria was making the boss fight buggy for you. I did the fight with Crimson Armor and she couldn't flat out one shot me.
i would assume so. i'm pretty sure N Terraria expects you to have appropriate armor AND be a very high level to fight something like plantera (which you can't get that much experience from pre-hardmode enemies)

I'm confused on what I'm supposed to do in one of the ice puzzles (it requires 2 long jumps to get to) I thought you had to use the knife blade thing but I think I was wrong...

I don't know how to do a part.

Capture 2016-04-10 08_40_43.png

I need to use the meatball, right? I don't know how to get it up and into the top from the bottom

I don't know how to do a part.

View attachment 103913
I need to use the meatball, right? I don't know how to get it up and into the top from the bottom

You need the sunfury, not the meatball I'm thinking. You'll get it later. The sunfury can be thrown further IIRC. You're supposed to throw it down and quickly step to the right before you can reel it back in, but keep the button pressed and then slide it along the ceiling and then hit the cobweb with it.

You need the sunfury, not the meatball I'm thinking. You'll get it later. The sunfury can be thrown further IIRC. You're supposed to throw it down and quickly step to the right before you can reel it back in, but keep the button pressed and then slide it along the ceiling and then hit the cobweb with it.
Ok, I'll just look for other stuff to do with the boomerang. Thanks for making me less confused!

Ok, I'll just look for other stuff to do with the boomerang. Thanks for making me less confused!

You can try using the meatball, but I know that you also get a sunfury at some point. If the meatball won't go all the way to the bottom, then that's the problem. If the meatball WILL hit the bottom, then it will work, you just need to keep trying until you get the timing down.

You can try using the meatball, but I know that you also get a sunfury at some point. If the meatball won't go all the way to the bottom, then that's the problem. If the meatball WILL hit the bottom, then it will work, you just need to keep trying until you get the timing down.
I'm just going to look around and try to get some other stuff done.

I'm just going to look around and try to get some other stuff done.

You can do that, but if that is indeed what you are supposed to do next, it is unlikely you'll find anything else to do. The world is set up in such a way that you're supposed to get the items in order, lol. But you can try. If nothing else, you can at least get some of the optional items.

You can do that, but if that is indeed what you are supposed to do next, it is unlikely you'll find anything else to do. The world is set up in such a way that you're supposed to get the items in order, lol. But you can try. If nothing else, you can at least get some of the optional items.
If I can't find anything else that works I'll try some more, but I don't want to waste my time trying until I know that's what I need to do.

EDIT: I couldn't find anything else, going to start trying again.

EDIT 2: FINALLY! I did it!

Last edited:
If I can't find anything else that works I'll try some more, but I don't want to waste my time trying until I know that's what I need to do.

EDIT: I couldn't find anything else, going to start trying again.

EDIT 2: FINALLY! I did it!

Yay! Yeah some of those things... it takes awhile to "get" what you're supposed to do and even when you DO know what you're supposed to do... some of them are pretty finicky, especially some of the ricochet actuated block puzzles where you're supposed to use water bolt or meteor bullets and throw switches to actuate blocks just in time etc.

And then that jumping section in the black room which is just utterly ridiculous. I used a grappling hook because that's just nearly impossible IMO.

Aaaaaaand now I don't know where to go with the harpoon.

yaaaaay

Check all the ?s until you find one that only the harpoon can unlock. Harpoon puzzles usually involve switches that are inside walls and remember that the harpoon usually fires in an arc.

Massive kudos for exploiting Terraria's mechanics like that. In the end I found the whole map too frustrating though.

- I got stuck after releasing all those builders from the ceiling in the Crimson area. Afterwards I released water, which was needed to jump over the sand piles. But since I apparently did it in the wrong order the water was blocked by the first sand pile so I couldn't scale the second one. I used my pickaxe to remove the sand.
- The Meatball thing, it's perhaps obvious what to do here, but I couldn't get my Meatball down the hole. Ended up using my pickaxe to remove the cobwebs. Very frustrating.
- Then right after that, a Meatball maze? I don't see how you're supposed to get that thing through that maze. Is my Meatball different than yours? Can you somehow remote control that thing? If you need a different kind of tool/weapon here, might have been nice to drop a hint. Again, removed the cobweb with my pickaxe.

Lost interest after that. Couldn't see where I needed to be going next and got a bit tired of teleporting between Crimson and Corruption, looking for something I missed.

Still, kudos for your obvious hard work. It just wasn't meant for me I guess. :)

Massive kudos for exploiting Terraria's mechanics like that. In the end I found the whole map too frustrating though.

- I got stuck after releasing all those builders from the ceiling in the Crimson area. Afterwards I released water, which was needed to jump over the sand piles. But since I apparently did it in the wrong order the water was blocked by the first sand pile so I couldn't scale the second one. I used my pickaxe to remove the sand.
- The Meatball thing, it's perhaps obvious what to do here, but I couldn't get my Meatball down the hole. Ended up using my pickaxe to remove the cobwebs. Very frustrating.
- Then right after that, a Meatball maze? I don't see how you're supposed to get that thing through that maze. Is my Meatball different than yours? Can you somehow remote control that thing? If you need a different kind of tool/weapon here, might have been nice to drop a hint. Again, removed the cobweb with my pickaxe.

Lost interest after that. Couldn't see where I needed to be going next and got a bit tired of teleporting between Crimson and Corruption, looking for something I missed.

Still, kudos for your obvious hard work. It just wasn't meant for me I guess. :)

AFAIK, it doesn't matter what order you drop the water in, if you're talking about the same area I think you are. I remember there being a pump or something that resets it if you do it in the wrong order.

As for the Meatball, a little-known mechanic is that it doesn't return to you until you let go of the button, so if you throw it and hurry up and step behind a wall, you'll drag it along a wall. You just have to know which directions to go and when and there is some timing involved but it CAN be done. You just need to keep in mind that it tries to find the fastest path back to you that it can, so with that in mind you need to time your movements based upon the things you see in the maze. It might take a few tries, but it is definitely possible.

Every puzzle in this map is do-able, and I can personally vouch for it. The only part I feel that was a bit over-done was the wall-cling jumps (same complaint I had against his previous map). While this time he gave us Tiger Climbing Gear instead of Shoe Spikes, it is still a bit ridiculous, allowing for almost zero room for error and a long retry path (several jumps in a row and if you fall, you gotta retry them all).

And this time, he combined that with a pitch black room where you can't see anything and that just makes it even more difficult. But, that's what grappling hooks are for, lol.

Is there a guide for this map somewhere? All of the hint blocks I have left are just dead ends.

If you gave more details, we could give better information. What's the last item you got? If you checked all of the known hint blocks and none of them are do-able, perhaps there's a whole 'nuther area to discover. Have you been to the surface crimson yet? There's a couple blocks there, there's a couple hint blocks in the underground crimson, etc.

Chances are, you've not explored the map enough, and you just recently got an item that allows you to get past an obstacle that was blocking more of the map.

As for the Meatball, a little-known mechanic is that it doesn't return to you until you let go of the button...
I do know this, but it didn't work for me. Threw it down that hole dozens of times, holding the attack button, and it was just as quick to get back and hug my feet.
I take it the maze next to it was meant for a remote controlled wand like the Rainbow Rod or something. Can't imagine dragging a flail through that.
Anyway, pity. Although it's obvious the makers had spent a lot of time making this (I explored the map after giving up), I felt it was more a frustrating puzzle game than an adventure.

But admittedly, I don't really have the same amount of patience I once had, especially when it comes to puzzles. :)

Back
Top Bottom