Other Adjusting the UI Transparency to make it easier to see inventories/chests

Yes, please. It drives me nuts. I cant find anything because all the objects in my inventory blend with the background into a big mess. I can never find anything unless it happens to be something solid colored behind it. Annoying to have to find a blank background to see stuff in your bag.

Please! For the love of all things good... Give PC users an opacity setting! Everything except the PC has a UI transparency slider. (Funny, because I see posts as far back as 2015 asking for that to be added as an option or as a mod to "fix" the issue.) Nearly 7 years later and it's the ONE thing they could easily add, but have not added, for PCs. They added it for every other platform!

adding onto this, i would love to see full UI control. let us reposition ui elements how we want, and even outright remove some elements.
EDIT: now that i think about it: why the hell wasn't this functionality added with the steam deck update?

Last edited:
Nope, you can only change its border, size, or remove it, but you cant actually move it around the screen.
well, with the page up and page down keys, you can change the transparency of the minimap. I actually do it quite often while mining to see ores or enemies that would otherwise be hidden behind the minimap.

There are texture packs that can help with this for the time being, but they aren't adjustable in-game. Yeah, the minimap display does have an opacity changing option but there's nothing to change the map border opacity, which would be very nice to see.

Can we add races like skyrim or something that would be cool like goblin canine elf etc
What in the world does that have to do with

Adjusting the UI Transparency to make it easier to see inventories/chests​

??? lol

You should probably look at these posts regarding races, they'd probably be more helpful for you:

a bit of a necro but I didn't want to just repeat what the OP said in a new post. as somebody getting back into terraria after a while, this is the single biggest annoyance with the game right now tbh. it's not always a problem, but searching through chests against a busy background is super frustrating. The transparency is useful just to know what's going on in that corner of the screen, but putting it on a slider in the settings somewhere so it could be turned up and down as needed would help out a lot (and give the option to everybody who wants to set transparency to 100%)

Personally, I use Stormdark as a fix. (Basically UI Dark mode.) As the only people with this problem is PC, who can access this... It's a solution

Back
Top Bottom