Anime General Discussion

*GROAN* I have never been more bothered by this. So this anime Ghost Hunt, In this episode they have to find a kids dead body. Mind you this kid has been dead for over 30 years so its just his bones at this point. They search everywhere and cant find it, and have been for 30 years. Turns out, the bones are behind a statue higher up on the church. (You know how they have statues standing in little inlays against the building.) Why am I bothered by this? SIMPLE because buildings HAVE to do maintenance. Churches regularly clean out statuary, gutters, ect for bird nests and such. All big buildings that have thoses sort of things do. So your telling me in 30 years they haven't cleaned the statues or anything? I call BS. The anime is great but that one little bit has such bad writing.

Perhaps they're MAGICAL bones which can only bee seen by those looking for them. Or by uttering an unlikely password.

... No? Okay.

Actually the big issue I have with it is not just because of that one little blunder, its because the REST of the anime is pretty well written and completely logical XP

Every writer has at least one "dumb script" moment in their lives. I take it the rest of the series' plot didn't give that one an explanation, then? Sometimes what looks like an asspull/logical fail is a consequence of a long series and the writer(s) wanting to keep all the infodump for the last few episodes. It sometimes works.

My anime list, for this year is attached, I mainly watch whatever is CR because I pay for my animes ;) feel free to comment on any :3

Attachments

• ss+(2014-09-28+at+12.54.00).png
    ss+(2014-09-28+at+12.54.00).png
    42.1 KB · Views: 215
I seem to have a habit of dropping series right before the final season episode. I dropped Hitsugi no Chaika, Mekkakucity Actors, and SAO II just before they ended.

I have a fondness for romcoms along the line of Niskeoi, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, and ToraDora. I'm trying to look for others like this. Any recommendations?

I really enjoyed Little Witch Academia. Such potential for just a ~30 minute anime.

On a somewhat related note, anyone else watch Demo-sempai?:dryadpassionate:
Little witch academia is getting a sequel, if I remember correctly

Demo is love Demo is life

I'm planing to start Kill la kill tonight since my friend keeps pestering me about it xD Any good? I know there's a bunch of great reviews so far.

Don't worry about Plastic Nee-san, it's fine. Tasteful and no nudity or focus on being suggestive:cool:

I'm planing to start Kill la kill tonight since my friend keeps pestering me about it xD Any good? I know there's a bunch of great reviews so far.

All I can really say without spoiling is that it's produced by Studio Trigger... So it's worth watching. Expect good music, shenanigans and some fairly ridiculous action. Also, mystery croquettes.
It knows exactly what it is and loves to abuse that fact.

Don't worry about Plastic Nee-san, it's fine. Tasteful and no nudity or focus on being suggestive:cool:

All I can really say without spoiling is that it's produced by Studio Trigger... So it's worth watching. Expect good music, shenanigans and some fairly ridiculous action. Also, mystery croquettes.
It knows exactly what it is and loves to abuse that fact.
Heh, sounds pretty good :p I'll watch some later tonight with some snacks :3

Naruto, RWBY, SAO, trying to watch Rosario + Vampire but it's not really working, I'll think of more I've watched later.

Naruto, RWBY, SAO, trying to watch Rosario + Vampire but it's not really working, I'll think of more I've watched later.

That's a pretty nice list, however I couldnt stand to watch RWBY I hated the style of animation it was so obvious it wasn't 30fps and I actually cringed I felt like I was watching cartoon network try-hard-hard-cartoons.

I've seen Rosario to vampire but i haven't finished season 2

1 episode left xD Apparently the ending was a letdown :/

I couldnt stand to watch RWBY I hated the style of animation it was so obvious it wasn't 30fps and I actually cringed I felt like I was watching cartoon network try-hard-hard-cartoons.

I didn't mind the animation (I'm from the days anime didn't even reach 30 FPS) but the characters... Sure, if it's the first Magical Girl show you've watched, or you don't pay attention to them because reasons, you may think it's cool. But what I saw were four exaggerated character stereotypes* (and Ruby herself jumped between The Ditz and The Pro too much) and one of the missing archetypes was added at the first season's end. To me it was like those ads they make to promote cars - they may add hot chicks or tough dudes or whatever they add, but what matters is only the cars. In RWBY's case, it was a one hour long promo video for crazy weapons, and it worked, since the weapons are the only thing I liked of the whole mess.

I would talk about the plot, but it can be summed up as "Bishoujo Senshi Harry Potter." :dryadtongue:

I'll at least give it points for being extremely short.

* Ruby: The Ditz/The Pro
Weiss: The Oujo
Ying: The Pro
Blake: The Stoic
The robot girl: The Pet/The Sentient Robot.

Back
Top Bottom