tModLoader Another RPG Mod

hey this is one of my favorite mods hands down, but I resently had a problem, when trying to use it on my multiplayer server it causes the game to freak out slimes flying, imlortal enemy's and a de-sync from hell, is there a way to fix it at this time?

Found a bug in the Skill Tree : whenever you get a skill that increase the raw stat (such as Agi, Dex, Str...), it'll instead decreases that stat. I've only tested with Bonus Agi and Bonus Dex, dunno about the rest of the bonus stat skills.

Don't know if it's intended or not but when i've set "boss modifiers" to false in the config bosses still get modifiers which sometimes make fights unbeatable.

Ok, when i change the skillClass.json or skillTree.json files it doesn´t do anything ingame.
I tried to change how many stages there are to things and stuff, but cant get anything to change ingame. What should i do?

Attachments

• skillClass.json
    6.8 KB · Views: 212
I've just started using your mod and it works find in single player but in multiplayer when anyone tries to drop an item it instantly disappears but other times it works fine this also happens when breaking blocks and I was hoping that you knew of a way for me to fix this problem.

hello, i`m a bit noob for here, i was playing this mod with THORIUM and CALAMITY too, and i`ve seen that... the mage class have a -X mana cost passive, but playing that, the cost of spells is more high... if you use the thorium rod, for example, being "regular class" it cost 10 mana, and being "mage class" it cost 12 mana... don`t should be inverse ??

I like the idea of leveling up weapons but I dont think ill use this mod until I can turn off enemy scaling (or turn it down) any possibility of that being configurable soon? (As enemies being overscaled IMO is the problem I have with most RPG mods)

I like the idea of leveling up weapons but I dont think ill use this mod until I can turn off enemy scaling (or turn it down) any possibility of that being configurable soon? (As enemies being overscaled IMO is the problem I have with most RPG mods)
That can be tuned in the config file.
I have a problem with the extra projectiles stat, as they should be a second ammo free usage of the weapon rather than spawn a projectile based on current ammo. I mention this because cheese's content mod has many weapons which use custom projectile transformations, and your extra shots are just standard instead of the custom projectile.
I'm not well versed in working on mods for tModLoader, but i feel like this would be a good workaround.

Im now using the mod the everything seems to be working properly but my summoning staffs (Im currently using the slime staff) arnt gaining any experience. Could this be a mod confliction or something that is bugged?

Im now using the mod the everything seems to be working properly but my summoning staffs (Im currently using the slime staff) arnt gaining any experience. Could this be a mod confliction or something that is bugged?
The Summon weapons only really gain XP while held and the summons deal damage.

ugh yeah i need help i tried putting it in my server mod pack and now if i get hit mine a block or do anything just with this mod added i get about 100 to 1000 spams of read underflow byte 1 of 4 or 3 of 6 constantly until server is reset completely any idea what can cause this cuz this is screwy and i really wanted to play this mod

know all of these bug, sadly, multiplayer bug will be a mess to fix, allready tried a ton of hack to force sync, but some npc just seam to no sync properly (Yes I names you Colored slime)
For Summoning staff no gaining xp, know bug too, I should check to fix this
About skill tree Json, I disabled possibilities to load the json version for now since It would ask to delete it every update, But i'll enable it and force update each updates

Don't except much update for now, Still in a hell finding some place to lives and It should only settle down in december, I'll try to work on mod A bit to fix the most urgent problem (like summoning staff & stats bug when taking in skilltree)

Sorry for inactivities ^^'

know all of these bug, sadly, multiplayer bug will be a mess to fix, allready tried a ton of hack to force sync, but some npc just seam to no sync properly (Yes I names you Colored slime)
For Summoning staff no gaining xp, know bug too, I should check to fix this
About skill tree Json, I disabled possibilities to load the json version for now since It would ask to delete it every update, But i'll enable it and force update each updates

Don't except much update for now, Still in a hell finding some place to lives and It should only settle down in december, I'll try to work on mod A bit to fix the most urgent problem (like summoning staff & stats bug when taking in skilltree)

Sorry for inactivities ^^'

Actually, for the summoning staves it's a bit random if the staff gain XP or not. Haven't really played Summoner seriously enough (like a Summon-built character) to test it more. Just sayin'.

I think the staff gains XP if you don't swap to another item. Not really sure about that though.

really? i think it`s... weird.... i've used some summon staves and... if i swap to a sword for example, i've seen that after 3 or 4 monsters dead, the staff gained some XP... :S

Bug report:
Multiplayer(Hosted through game client/Standalone)
No other mods
New toon+new world

Blocks flicker and fall slowly before being picked up by the player
Blocks flicker and don't move at all/disappear instantly
Blocks flicker and upon contact with any liquid/entity disappear(including player)

Works fine in singleplayer

TmodLoader v0.10.1.5
Another RPG Mod v1.2.0.3

really? i think it`s... weird.... i've used some summon staves and... if i swap to a sword for example, i've seen that after 3 or 4 monsters dead, the staff gained some XP... :S

I get ya, it's really really random when the summoning staves gains XP or not...

Estoy probando el modelo y me ha gustado mucho tengo algunas recomendaciones para mejorarlo, la clase knight o cavallier tendrian que tener bonus de bloqueo o dodge (o usando escudo, como como vape rpg mod) y el swordman de crítico o haste. Me parece erróneo que el arquero tenga más nivel de Dodge que el lanzador siendo que el lanzador dispara de más cerca y tiene más posibilidades de ser golpeado, por último, es muy molesto tener los nombres de los Mobs permanentemente, esto produce saturación en la pantalla, deberían aparecer los nombres cuando uno coloca el cursor sobre ellos, también que coloquen un modo rápido para asignar los puntos de atributos, ya que con nivel 150 son aproximadamente 2000 puntos y me demoro demasiado en asignar cierta cantidad de puntos

Last edited:
Estoy probando el modelo y me ha gustado mucho tengo algunas recomendaciones para mejorarlo, la clase knight o cavallier tendrian que tener bonus de bloqueo o dodge (o usando escudo, como como vape rpg mod) y el swordman de crítico o haste. Me parece erróneo que el arquero tenga más nivel de Dodge que el lanzador siendo que el lanzador dispara de más cerca y tiene más posibilidades de ser golpeado, por último, es muy molesto tener los nombres de los Mobs permanentemente, esto produce saturación en la pantalla, deberían aparecer los nombres cuando uno coloca el cursor sobre ellos, también que coloquen un modo rápido para asignar los puntos de atributos, ya que con nivel 150 son aproximadamente 2000 puntos y me demoro demasiado en asignar cierta cantidad de puntos
english forum, you should stay on english on the threads. you can go on your desired language if you go for direct conversations with your target user, though.
to go through your recommendations: first of all, block or dodge for knight/cavalry while using a shield.. not too bad of an idea, but also not really great for balance, considering the amount of HP and defense both classes can reach (even though the defense could be better at times as it currently forces you to grind exp on armor to be sturdy enough to take on heavier bosses after some boss kills).

next up dodge on archer being higher than on throwing spec.. indeed it is a bit odd, considering the fact that the archer is more of a stationary class, requiring a lot of focus to aim and shoot. ninjas are said to be agile, so it would make sense for these to be more skilled in dodging.

now mob name visibility.. to me its actually pretty nice to know what you are up against, without checking with your mouse beforehand (considering you are doing something else like building or something else which requires your mouse). However, there is an option called "DisplayNpcName" (which is true by default) in the settings.json in the AnRPG folder which you can set to false to deactivate that.

and finally: faster point allocation would be shift+click, that way you allocate all points required for one actual point in the stat. still a bit slow when it comes to the amount of points you have on higher levels, maybe another combination (for example ctrl+click?) to allocate enough for 5 points in the attribute?

english forum, you should stay on english on the threads. you can go on your desired language if you go for direct conversations with your target user, though.
to go through your recommendations: first of all, block or dodge for knight/cavalry while using a shield.. not too bad of an idea, but also not really great for balance, considering the amount of HP and defense both classes can reach (even though the defense could be better at times as it currently forces you to grind exp on armor to be sturdy enough to take on heavier bosses after some boss kills).

next up dodge on archer being higher than on throwing spec.. indeed it is a bit odd, considering the fact that the archer is more of a stationary class, requiring a lot of focus to aim and shoot. ninjas are said to be agile, so it would make sense for these to be more skilled in dodging.

now mob name visibility.. to me its actually pretty nice to know what you are up against, without checking with your mouse beforehand (considering you are doing something else like building or something else which requires your mouse). However, there is an option called "DisplayNpcName" (which is true by default) in the settings.json in the AnRPG folder which you can set to false to deactivate that.

and finally: faster point allocation would be shift+click, that way you allocate all points required for one actual point in the stat. still a bit slow when it comes to the amount of points you have on higher levels, maybe another combination (for example ctrl+click?) to allocate enough for 5 points in the attribute?
—----------------------------------------------------------

thank you very much for the response, a way that I believe to be able to maintain the balance between knight and sworman is adding some critical bonus or attack speed to the swordman because this has to lose a lot of hp, the problem I had trying vape rpg mod is that only was compatible 3 shields (cobalt shield, anhk shield, obsidian shield and cuthulu shield) being incompatible paladin shield, and all the shields of thorium and calamity. It would be a lot of work to add so many shields so they can receive blocking bonuses, although it would be the best option, finally is there any way to get back to level 1 without having to erase the player? doing tests reach level 190 and I want to go back to level 1

—----------------------------------------------------------

thank you very much for the response, a way that I believe to be able to maintain the balance between knight and sworman is adding some critical bonus or attack speed to the swordman because this has to lose a lot of hp, the problem I had trying vape rpg mod is that only was compatible 3 shields (cobalt shield, anhk shield, obsidian shield and cuthulu shield) being incompatible paladin shield, and all the shields of thorium and calamity. It would be a lot of work to add so many shields so they can receive blocking bonuses, although it would be the best option, finally is there any way to get back to level 1 without having to erase the player? doing tests reach level 190 and I want to go back to level 1
actually no, unless you delete the tplr file, which would pretty much delete all the modded content concerning your character

Back
Top Bottom