Ask a Derpling anything.

Wow, lots of questions today!
What would happen if someone brought back the Necroavirus?
Not much would change, actually. We saved the genetic schematics for NCVI-001, so we would probably kill it at the source using that.
If you swap the “e” with an “o”, Necroavirus is an anagram for Coronavirus.
The scary thing is, the coronavirus first started showing up right after I got to that part of the official Derplore (which isn’t dead, by the way)
Why does your race attack me? I just want to be friends with you
The ones who attack you are called Assessors. They attack the Terrarians in order to assess them and gather data on their abilities. They have backups of their consciousness made daily, so don’t feel bad for killing them.
What would you do, if one of the four pillar appears in your home biome?
I would immediately begin monitoring the pillars in order to research what ways their abilities have deteriorated or grown since their original creation, then establish communication in an attempt to negotiate ways to remedy areas they have deteriorated in (this actually has already happened with the Vortex Pillar before)

What powers the derpling technology?

And if someone found a sample of Necroavirus and modifed it would NCVI-001 still be effective?

Last edited:
I would immediately begin monitoring the pillars in order to research what ways their abilities have deteriorated or grown since their original creation, then establish communication in an attempt to negotiate ways to remedy areas they have deteriorated in (this actually has already happened with the Vortex Pillar before)
Oh, uh... right, of course negotiation. *Throw away the shotgun in to the bush*

How do you feel about humans who have a celestial arsenal of weapons and gear who dynamite the jungle for life fruit and kill the Plantera in a few swings?

what are you’re views on clementanators?

what are you’re views on those people who turn the jungle into a glowing mushroom biome?

what are your views on those people repeatedly farm moon lord right on the jungle?

what are you’re views on those people who DEMOLISHED the jungle with a crimson clementanator?

Last edited:
What powers the derpling technology?

And if someone found a sample of Necroavirus and modifed it would NCVI-001 still be effective?
Derpling technology is powered by Nanoprisms, which harness the mana of creatures around them and magnify it in order to produce energy.

It depends on how it was modified. We generally would develop NCVI-002 if the first wasn't effective, though.
How do you feel about humans who have a celestial arsenal of weapons and gear who dynamite the jungle for life fruit and kill the Plantera in a few swings?
It's fascinating to see how much the Terrarians' behavior can vary. I am usually too concerned with studying them to be angry with them.

What would happen if someone prevented the use of mana? Would all of you're nano prisms stop working?

Last edited:
So, since derpling conciousness is uploaded into a new body after old body expires, what happens when you run out of bodies to upload too?

What would happen if someone prevented the use of mana? Would all of you're nano prisms stop working?
We have put checks in place to make the nanoprisms immune to silencing curses. They do work well, but before the checks were there they did stop working.
So, since derpling conciousness is uploaded into a new body after old body expires, what happens when you run out of bodies to upload too?
We can store the consciousnesses in the Sanctum of Knowledge until we’ve created new ones. They are almost identical to incredibly complicated programs, after all.

Has it ever happened that a stored consciousness has gotten deleted or otherwise been lost in any way?

out of all the bodies possible, why a giant leaping insect?
Wow, lots of questions today!

Not much would change, actually. We saved the genetic schematics for NCVI-001, so we would probably kill it at the source using that.

The scary thing is, the coronavirus first started showing up right after I got to that part of the official Derplore (which isn’t dead, by the way)

The ones who attack you are called Assessors. They attack the Terrarians in order to assess them and gather data on their abilities. They have backups of their consciousness made daily, so don’t feel bad for killing them.

thank you for comfy slime thank,,,,,

Has it ever happened that a stored consciousness has gotten deleted or otherwise been lost in any way?
Yes, but we fortunately create backups of the consciousnesses so that in the event someone's mind is deleted by accident, we always end up having an identical replacement for it. However, minds still can age, so they do get deleted if the mind's owner requests it or they go insane and are constantly suffering.
out of all the bodies possible, why a giant leaping insect?
We are descended from the Shelled Dragons, which were more insect-like than other dragons were. We aren't technically insects, exemplified in the fact that we have only four appendages.

Back
Top Bottom