OOC Black, Tainted Calamity (OOC Thread)

Yay, remake time (Mainly cuz Tulip died)
Character Name: Tulip
Character Nickname: Tulip
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 14
Character Alignment: Neutral Good
Character Appearance: Grey/black hair, grey eyes, glasses, grey sweater, grey sweatpants, a glove only on her right hand, a huge gash in her torso from where Paimko’s scythe hit her, covered in blood (although it wouldn’t be red, it would be a very dark grey)
Character Species: Human Ghost
Character Height: 5ft4
Character Weight: None
Character Personality: Honestly, she could be doing better. She’s always sad, wishing she wasn’t a ghost.
Character Equipment: Some kind of Handgun, more research needed
Character Abilities: She can pass through soft blocks, such as wood and dirt, but not stone or bricks. She is immune to all forms of physical damage, but takes greater damage from elemental and magic damage. Physical weapons infused with magic or elements however, do damage her, although she does have a (very slight) resistance to them
Character Backstory: She died, now she’s back as a ghost
Yay

Last edited:
Few things.
1. Dunno why age and stuff exists lmao, this isn't the application template BTC uses lel

2. I'm thoroughly against her having immunity to all forms of damage. Yes, I get that she's now supposed to be a ghost, however, the Calamity Mod's lore has a variety of ways to affect spirits and by extension, ghosts. Polterghast, Calamitas, so on, have ways to damage ghosts and souls, through being a ghost themselves or necromancy. Similarly, players can damage a variety of spirits with normal weapons anyways. As such, I will be lenient enough to say you can have physical damage immunity, but you will still be vulnerable to elemental damage (fire, ice, the whole sort, hence why you can still set a ghost on fire in game.) and vulnerable to any and all magic damage.
It would be weird if Polterghast can harm spirits, but Tulip, for some reason called plot armor, can't. We really don't do plot armor here. As I've said before somewhere else, while permission to kill is active, if you're going to put yourself in a situation where you should die, then you will die regardless of permission to kill. Prevents godmodding and the sort, of course.

3. Somewhat against passing through all blocks. Just going to point out this possibility for its sake. While going through normal blocks is fine, no going through lihzar-whatever you spell it bricks or anything made of it until Plantera is defeated, no going through arena blocks or forcefields or Yharon's flamenados, etc. things like that. Also, going through stuff that would harm you, such as lava, will still harm you. It would be derp if you're immune to lava while not immune to a weapon that deals fire elemental damage.

Yes, I get the whole game mechanics thing, but considering how more story based this RP is, it's better to go with story reasons than game reasons. Hence why I was against the immunity to all damage as a ghost. Besides, this place doesn't have much of an actual combat system so it's a bit meaningless trying to exploit mechanics that no longer exist.

Also, since the whole passing through stuff is usually used to attempt this in my experience, no possessions, at least no possessions without consent. Really, had that happen more times than you'd expect with becoming incorporeal. -._-.
And to clarify, no, the consent clause does not mean you can suddenly animate a machine or a dead body out of nowhere. Something that has little to no mind does not mean it is giving consent. Reanimating stuff would take much more effort that what Tulip would be able to handle right now, all things considered, such as how the spirits of the undead, albeit mindless, are still incredibly vengeful and will most likely not give up control of their bodies regardless if you have a sane mind or not. Otherwise we'd be seeing Calamitas just taking control of Draedon's creations through possession and turning them on Yharim, which is derp for a lot of reasons.

4. I dunno why you have a handgun since, as a ghost, it's kinda useless. It's not going to be much use to you.

5. I get the melodrama, but going to point out that there are no cherry blossoms in Calamity. Or even the Terraria version you need to run Calamity. I get the Journey's End has it, but without a way for any seed or sapling that is a cherry blossom one to appear in BTC, so yeah guess that ruins that trope lel.

6. no we are not doing the ghost's ghost's ghost etc thing, we are not having a recursion loop immortality

Anyways, that's the end of my criticism, what says you?

Hmm, alright...
She's immune to all physical forms of damage, but elemental and magical attacks will damage her, albeit not much damage

She can pass through weak blocks, like wood and doors and dirt, but not tough blocks such as stone or brick or metal

The handgun is more of a keepsake, as she can't even use it

Alright then, no cherry tree
Just don't move her body

Will go against the first, 'not much damage' doesn't make sense in this context, since magic in particular would be effective against spirits, especially shown by the aforementioned characters Polterghast and Calamitas. She will be considered vulnerable to magic for that reason. You can migate the extent of the elemental damage depending on the source, I will give you that although there will eb a limit to how much you can migate.

However, being vulnerable to magic damage is not exactly negotiable considering how the lore of Calamity is shown to interact with souls and spirits all the time.

As for the body, as long as other characters don't try to, it won't be moved anyways.

Lapis Lazuli’ said:
Alright
She takes more damage from magic and elemental damage, but can’t be hurt by physical damage

In that case, I'd assume there are no other glaring issues, and so, Tulip ghost version is accepted.

Will note weapons infused or enchanted with magic would deal damage according to the enchantment/infusement. Just because you have physical attacks pass through you does not mean you gain a resistance to magic itself.

unholy pain.png

Like I said in the IC, I don't know how this will work so I'm free for suggestions.

View attachment 369139
Like I said in the IC, I don't know how this will work so I'm free for suggestions.
Maybe fill out what you can of the character application sheet and we can offer suggestions/edits after? I can't do too much in that category due to the lack of current character information on D. Max

I get strong Madness Combat vibes from the character design lol, cool-

I mean, yes although I'm not sure if he's in a state of being a ghost or demons forcing him back to life in a new state to torture him.

Unlike CA, the demons in the Underworld do not do that. Really, why would a demon revive you and give you a chance to escape their clutches? Plus, demons aren't necromancers. Otherwise, Supreme Calamitas destroying the Underworld meant nothing.

Thanks for the reminder, I probably go with option 1 and then just have Max get revived once he finds a actual necromancer or something.

(plus I wouldn't want to make another character who just exist for one scene)

Remove the whole random torture sequence for thousands or whatever years. Do not add or substitute something else that is similar to that in.

Similarly, if you are going to make any other change, discuss about it here. If you make yet another change that was not discussed, we may have to rethink about accepting those applications.

If I have to explain why, I will simply point you back into what we were discussing before as most points have already been covered and this has already become tedious for everyone else.

pretty much a remade application to fit one of my character's current situation..

A: Name: Max

B: Appearance: (already shown it but I share it again)

unholy pain.png

C: Abilities: Can phase through blocks and walls (except stuff like Lizlihard Brick, Luminite, Dungeon Brick and whatever Calamity introduces that's pretty hard to break). also
he can sense stuff without having eyes.

D: Strengths: Same as the original application.

E: Weaknesses: Same as the original application alongside having a big weakness to magic

F: Personality: Same as the original application, however he gains the fear of losing loved ones + slime.

Whoever put him in his current state is unknown and probably will remain unknown. (however I want to see people's opinions, should Max be a ghost, undead or even revived..?)

Back
Top Bottom