OOC Black, Tainted Calamity (OOC Thread)

Since clarifications
Razor_Typhoon said:
(Since I can't exactly speak in OOC due to being the last poster, I say it here.

His form is who he sees himself as, a blind man with a reckless personality worth forgetting, and he is incapable of further changing his shape unless
forced/transformed into another shape
)
Razor_Typhoon said:
pretty much a remade application to fit one of my character's current situation..

A: Name: Max

B: Appearance: (already shown it but I share it again)

View attachment 369433

C: Abilities: Can phase through blocks and walls (except stuff like Lizlihard Brick, Luminite, Dungeon Brick and whatever Calamity introduces that's pretty hard to break). also
he can sense stuff without having eyes.

D: Strengths: Same as the original application.

E: Weaknesses: Same as the original application alongside having a big weakness to magic

F: Personality: Same as the original application, however he gains the fear of losing loved ones + slime.

Whoever put him in his current state is unknown and probably will remain unknown. (however I want to see people's opinions, should Max be a ghost, undead or even revived..?)
As a ghost, he will adhere to the same rules as Tulip concerning the nature of his ghost form for continunity reasons. That is the sole condition of this.
If that condition is reasonable enough, then ghost Max is accepted.

Uhh, pretty much everything after Tulip posted her ghost form... Let me see if I can find the pages for the sake of Animus' mental health lol-

To start, Pg. 40 OOC, and from there, I'm assuming anywhere within 5-10 pages in the IC thread (although Animus was mostly repeating what they already said here to Tulip because, well, you already know why.

I'm feeling lazy and I don't want to really read through pages.
. . . alright then.
Few things.

2. I'm thoroughly against her having immunity to all forms of damage. Yes, I get that she's now supposed to be a ghost, however, the Calamity Mod's lore has a variety of ways to affect spirits and by extension, ghosts. Polterghast, Calamitas, so on, have ways to damage ghosts and souls, through being a ghost themselves or necromancy. Similarly, players can damage a variety of spirits with normal weapons anyways. As such, I will be lenient enough to say you can have physical damage immunity, but you will still be vulnerable to elemental damage (fire, ice, the whole sort, hence why you can still set a ghost on fire in game.) and vulnerable to any and all magic damage.
It would be weird if Polterghast can harm spirits, but Tulip, for some reason called plot armor, can't. We really don't do plot armor here. As I've said before somewhere else, while permission to kill is active, if you're going to put yourself in a situation where you should die, then you will die regardless of permission to kill. Prevents godmodding and the sort, of course.

3. Somewhat against passing through all blocks. Just going to point out this possibility for its sake. While going through normal blocks is fine, no going through lihzar-whatever you spell it bricks or anything made of it until Plantera is defeated, no going through arena blocks or forcefields or Yharon's flamenados, etc. things like that. Also, going through stuff that would harm you, such as lava, will still harm you. It would be derp if you're immune to lava while not immune to a weapon that deals fire elemental damage.

Yes, I get the whole game mechanics thing, but considering how more story based this RP is, it's better to go with story reasons than game reasons. Hence why I was against the immunity to all damage as a ghost. Besides, this place doesn't have much of an actual combat system so it's a bit meaningless trying to exploit mechanics that no longer exist.

Also, since the whole passing through stuff is usually used to attempt this in my experience, no possessions, at least no possessions without consent. Really, had that happen more times than you'd expect with becoming incorporeal. -._-.
And to clarify, no, the consent clause does not mean you can suddenly animate a machine or a dead body out of nowhere. Something that has little to no mind does not mean it is giving consent. Reanimating stuff would take much more effort that what Tulip would be able to handle right now, all things considered, such as how the spirits of the undead, albeit mindless, are still incredibly vengeful and will most likely not give up control of their bodies regardless if you have a sane mind or not. Otherwise we'd be seeing Calamitas just taking control of Draedon's creations through possession and turning them on Yharim, which is derp for a lot of reasons.

6. no we are not doing the ghost's ghost's ghost etc thing, we are not having a recursion loop immortality

Anyways, that's the end of my criticism, what says you?
I removed the parts that don't have anything to do with your ghost specifically, so enjoy.
Will go against the first, 'not much damage' doesn't make sense in this context, since magic in particular would be effective against spirits, especially shown by the aforementioned characters Polterghast and Calamitas. She will be considered vulnerable to magic for that reason. You can migate the extent of the elemental damage depending on the source, I will give you that although there will eb a limit to how much you can migate.

However, being vulnerable to magic damage is not exactly negotiable considering how the lore of Calamity is shown to interact with souls and spirits all the time.

As for the body, as long as other characters don't try to, it won't be moved anyways.
Will note weapons infused or enchanted with magic would deal damage according to the enchantment/infusement. Just because you have physical attacks pass through you does not mean you gain a resistance to magic itself.
Also this. Other than that, I don't think much else was covered other than don't do metagaming stuff or whatever-

Two things: Should I update the OOC rules to more accurately reflect the current character strength/requirements that we allow/disallow in the RP? If so, how should I change it? Suggestions?

Secondly, what should I name the Demon Eye in the RP? It's currently unnamed, and I generally mentally think of it as a "he" but it's an eyeball so it's technically an "it". Just so you know. Any suggestions for that? I would love to hear them!

Two things: Should I update the OOC rules to more accurately reflect the current character strength/requirements that we allow/disallow in the RP? If so, how should I change it? Suggestions?
you really should, but idk how
Secondly, what should I name the Demon Eye in the RP? It's currently unnamed, and I generally mentally think of it as a "he" but it's an eyeball so it's technically an "it". Just so you know. Any suggestions for that? I would love to hear them!
took several dozen keyboard smaccs but here's my suggestion
Jinoa

Probably, but like Esther I don’t know what the specifics could be

I like the name ‘Vision‘ Definitely not a Marvel reference and it also fits since it’s an eye.

you really should, but idk how

took several dozen keyboard smaccs but here's my suggestion
Jinoa
Hm. Well, at least I now know that I should-

I like that! I'll keep it in mind, but I want to make sure everyone who wants to offer an opinion does so before I make a decision.
Probably, but like Esther I don’t know what the specifics could be

I like the name ‘Vision‘ Definitely not a Marvel reference and it also fits since it’s an eye.
Cool-

Mildly punny, I like it! Again, same story with this name as with Esther's-

Name: Asnia Korenil
Appearance: (Click the image to go to the picrew I used!) Asnia.png
Personality: I- While I do have an idea for her personality, I have no idea how to describe it ;-;
Equipment: A wand, and the orb she's holding in the picture. Orbservatory won't be present until later.
Abilities: Basic dark magic. (Plans on upgrading to Crystallized Dark Magic)
Strengths: Quite a skilled mage, good at dodging
Weaknesses: if she runs out of energy then she basically deals no damage until she recovers enough energy.
Text color: #301b3b

Esther said:
Name: Asnia Korenil
Appearance: (Click the image to go to the picrew I used!) View attachment 373344
Personality: I- While I do have an idea for her personality, I have no idea how to describe it ;-;
Equipment: A wand, and the orb she's holding in the picture. Orbservatory won't be present until later.
Abilities: Basic dark magic. (Plans on upgrading to Crystallized Dark Magic)
Strengths: Quite a skilled mage, good at dodging
Weaknesses: if she runs out of energy then she basically deals no damage until she recovers enough energy.
Text color: #301b3b
She seems... eccentric, just from appearance. Regardless, personality isn't too much of a problem as I'm aware many people do have issues describing that.
Either way, despite how vague 'basic dark magic' is, I do trust you, and so, Asnia is accepted as I see no glaring problems with her.

World evil scythes.png

2 more random scythes.

the purple one is called "Shadow Slicer" and the red/black one is "Soul Slasher", they both fire a random projectile

(Shadow Slicer is more speed orientated/is faster while Soul Slasher is more critical hit oriented/has a higher chance of crits)

Back
Top Bottom