tAPI Bluemagic's Mod - Elemental Unleash (Endgame Extension)

How difficult is the Phantom (compared to Duke Fishron)?

• Way too easy

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Easy

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Fair

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Hard

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Way too hard

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • This poll has been closed since it is pre-v0.2.3.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the sword, I was trying to go for a ghostly look (hence the faded outline), but that still looks better than what I have, lol. I especially like your sword's hilt.
thanks but i didnt do much just made them a bit more terraria-style (added an outline) and i think if i work on the sword a little more i can make something more "ghosty" and fits the style of terraria, i'll also get started making some of the other textures if you like :D

thanks but i didnt do much just made them a bit more terraria-style (added an outline) and i think if i work on the sword a little more i can make something more "ghosty" and fits the style of terraria, i'll also get started making some of the other textures if you like :D
Anyone is free to work on any sprite if they want. Although the highest priority is the Phantom's body (seriously, it's just a big solid blue mass right now, lol). I was trying to go for a fading out look for that but then gave up. Anyways, thanks for helping!

v0.2.1: Elemental Unleash, Part 1
- The Abomination drops a Molten Drill
- Defeating the Abomination triggers the Elemental Unleash
- Defeating the Abomination generates Purium Ore
- Added Purium Ore, Purium Forge, Purium Bar, and Purium Anvil
- The Abomination now takes 0 damage instead of 1 when out of range
- Added Night Slime, Fury Night, Retineye, and Spazmateye
- Improved Phantom Blade sprite

Oh my goodness, the Fury Night was much harder to make than the Phantom and the Abomination combined, especially the sprites... I spent so long working on the Fury Night's sprite and it still looks terrible ;(

Last edited:
Fury Nights are a bit unstable, I think.
I spawned 50 of them and they all came and did their attack. When I tried to move away, the game crashed.

What I think of this mod:
2custom4me
:p

Hm, that's weird. Do you have a crash message?
Nevermind, it works. It was probably just one of those random crashes I get sometimes. :p
NVM.PNG

Also, shouldn't they be called Fury "Knights", not Fury "Nights"?

The "Liquified" debuff doesn't work very well for me...
View attachment 31429 View attachment 31430
Hm, I want to say that the Accessory Slots+ Mod is the problem, since it seems that adding extra accessories might need extra PlayerLayers; since I haven't seen its source code yet though, I'm not going to jump to conclusions.
Edit: Turned out to be W1K's mod, which he'll be fixing pretty soon.
I'll also need to release a fix of my own to minimize conflicts with other mods; turns out you can give priorities to PlayerLayer modifications.

Last edited:
hey im back long time no see and i come with a new texture :
vmRurgM.png
just adjusted it a bit according to my personal preference.
better or worse idk you can use it if you like (more to come after this , might make a entire texture pack)

Last edited:
hey im back long time no see and i come with a new texture :
vmRurgM.png
just adjusted it a bit according to my personal preference.
better or worse idk you can use it if you like (more to come after this , might make a entire texture pack)
While that wasn't really the look I was going for, I can see how people would prefer that sprite. For reasons like these, a texture pack actually doesn't seem like a bad idea (of course as long as people have the time to commit in making one).

Edit: Also, some general news here. I haven't updated my mod in a while; I've been unusually busy with school lately. (My workload's unpredictability is part of the reason I never give any release dates.) However, I am slowly making progress on it. At the moment, to be honest, I've probably just finished around 10-20% of this update... but most of that was done in just the past two days, so we'll see how long it takes.

While that wasn't really the look I was going for, I can see how people would prefer that sprite. For reasons like these, a texture pack actually doesn't seem like a bad idea (of course as long as people have the time to commit in making one).

Edit: Also, some general news here. I haven't updated my mod in a while; I've been unusually busy with school lately. (My workload's unpredictability is part of the reason I never give any release dates.) However, I am slowly making progress on it. At the moment, to be honest, I've probably just finished around 10-20% of this update... but most of that was done in just the past two days, so we'll see how long it takes.
Ok then I'll definitely be working on a texture pack! And im glad to hear your still working on the mod im looking forward to future content. :)

Are you thinking about adding more armours? Amazing weapons and bosses, but the lack of armours has been a little irritating. Looking forward to seeing this mod progress.

Are you thinking about adding more armours? Amazing weapons and bosses, but the lack of armours has been a little irritating. Looking forward to seeing this mod progress.
Yeah, I'll be making new armor out of the new ore in either the next update or the one after. The reasons I haven't added armor yet is, it will take a while for me to make the artwork (which is why it wasn't in the previous update), and I haven't actually added that much to the endgame yet. By the time I finish this mod, there will be at least two new general armor sets, along with at least one armor set for each class.

Alright, so yesterday I procrastinated super hard on my homework. As a result, I had lots of time to work on my mod, so I'm now 50-60% done with the next update. It will still be a long time before the update is complete, so I might as well release a spoiler now:
FqrTi9v.jpg
The next update is mainly focused on new cavern enemies and Purium tools. The update afterwards will be almost entirely focused on new items.
Again, sorry for the wait!

Edit: Also, I will be replacing the poll with a new one when I release the next update, so make sure to vote!

v0.2.2: Elemental Unleash, Part 2
- Night Slime, Fury Night, Retineye, and Spazmateye now all drop items
- Added Dirty Slime, Gunner Skeleton, Mecha Skeleton, Fallen Zombie, and Sentinel
- Slightly buffed the Phantom
- Slightly buffed the Abomination's 2nd phase
- Added the 6 Purium Tools
- Added new levels of item rarity
- Fixed Purium Bar duplication with Hammer exploit (glad no one found that :sigh:)
- Minor improvements and bug fixes

This update marks the first in which there are some items I have not mentioned. At the moment, there is only one hidden item, but the next update will be nearly entirely item-based with a lot more for you to discover. At the moment, see if you can find this item! (And tell me whether or not it's too OP.)

...Also, the amount of artwork I had to make for this update was unbearable...

Anyways, hopefully I should be able to put a new poll up pretty soon... man, polls were so much more convenient on the Minecraft forums.

As for the next update, I predict it will also take a super long time (especially since I'll have to add new armor on top of everything else). Hopefully I should be able to finish it by early April at latest?

Edit: I will conduct all future polls on strawpoll. I've added a link to the new Abomination poll to the top of the OP; please vote!

Last edited:
To celebrate my birthday today, I decided to make a banner for my mod! If you want, you can copy/paste it into your signature to show support.

hgDJhmk.png

BB Code:
Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/bluemagics-mod-elemental-unleash-endgame-extension.9809/'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hgDJhmk.png[/IMG][/URL]
Small version:
3j2Q6EU.png

BB Code:
Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/bluemagics-mod-elemental-unleash-endgame-extension.9809/'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3j2Q6EU.png[/IMG][/URL]

Given my terrible artistic sense, this turned out much better than what I was expecting.

Also, for those of you who missed it, I put up a new poll, which can also be accessed from the top of the main post:
http://strawpoll.me/3874503
This one is about the difficulty of the Abomination. So far only one person has voted ;(

As for the Phantom, I'm satisfied with its balance for now. My goal for it was to get around Fair on average. Assigning "Way to easy" a point value of -2, "Easy" a point value of -1, "Fair" a point value of 0, and "Hard" a point value of 1, at the moment the average is -1/13.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom