Bosses - Easiest to Hardest

well yer still lying about winning so early
it is literally basically impossible to beat ocram without really tanky armor and master ninja gear
you cant dodge his laser storm
i've tried
you can only hope that the dodge from the ninja gear along with tankiness from at least chlorophyte armor to save you
and shall i remind you that he doesnt just use laser storm once?

well yer still lying about winning so early
it is literally basically impossible to beat ocram without really tanky armor and master ninja gear
you cant dodge his laser storm
i've tried
you can only hope that the dodge from the ninja gear along with tankiness from at least chlorophyte armor to save you
and shall i remind you that he doesnt just use laser storm once?
Ocram misses almost every laser storm and the laser storm doesn’t even hit often enough for how much damage it deals. There is no reason for him to be difficult considering the twins exist and actually manage to shoot in your direction. His other two attacks are prehardmode boss levels of pathetic.

Every single boss added and/or modified in 1.3 and later is more difficult (in fact queen slime and her minions make so many projectiles that the screen is almost covered in them at times on PC where you can see like twice as far). Heck even expert eye of cthulhu’s dashes are so fast that normal mode duke fishron can’t rival them, let alone ocram who’s slower.

Last edited:
He hits the lasers a lot, and they deal massive damage,
tf u talking about?
1639097987419.png

1639098047542.png

A literal green slime in master mode does 37 more damage than those lasers. Fact check yourself please.

And no, they’re not gonna hit you unless you literally stop moving. The devs didn’t properly code his offset for the projectiles so unless you let him literally sit above you they’re gonna go the wrong way.

ALL OF HIS ATTACKS DO OVER 100 DAMAGE
Let me introduce to you the Empress of Light in Master Mode, which is meant to be fought using the gear you’ve mentioned using:
1639098968811.png

And unlike ocram who has simple attacks which don’t even work properly (and has practically a quarter of the empress’s max health) these moves consist of:
  1. A huge dash double the length and speed of ocram’s.
  2. An absolute swarm of projectiles larger and more numerous than ocram’s lasers… except they home into you.
  3. A huge sweeping set of 8 beams which are so large that they don’t even fully fit onscreen ON PC.
  4. A huge ring of projectiles which cover even more area than the previous attack.
  5. And lastly, an attack which creates literal WALLS of projectiles around you that are essentially lasers, but better due to the fact that they are more than merely a few pixels wide
And I haven’t even mentioned the enraged version you need to fight to obtain the Terraprisma (which I have done, by the way), during which this boss deals more than 10,000 damage on ALL of these.

Ocram loses here in every respect. His attacks are more simplistic while dealing on average less damage, and don’t even aim towards you most of the time, and he has 35,000 health compared to Master Mode Empress of Light’s 124,950 health.

Last edited:
From my Perspective on my Master Mode Summon Only. (atm last mech, so Plantera and onward will be a "what it might be like")

King Slime 3/10 . Had Rocket Boots and Horseshoe when I fought, platforms ftw.
Eye of Cthulhu 5/10 . Smacked me a few times, but eventually got him, barely.
Eater of Worlds 1/10 . Oops. I made a platform slightly higher then it can reach. Practically cheesed.
Brain of Cthulhu 1/10 . Straight after beating EoW and got Obsidian Armor.
Queen Bee 7/10 . Barely won the fight. 10 hp barely with 400 hp. :x
Deer Clops 8/10 prior EoW, 5/10 with Obsidian. Banger of a song, but she hits hard, and no, didnt cheese.
Skeletron 5/10 "When you play on a drunk world, please make arena just above the dungeon room with old man, kthnx "
Wall of Flesh 4/10 . Only died once because I didnt flatten the return trip, last sliver of hp, damnit. 2nd try went good.
Queen Slime 8/10 . Too spammy. Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam
The Destroyer 4/10 . Damage stunk. Barely beat in time, used boulder traps.
Skeletron Prime 6/10 . Asphalt saved the queen.
The Twins 7/10 . Currently working on, So far even with lots of speed and Fire wings, with ichor, good food and potions... Getting royally screwy because of Spazmatism 2nd phase.
Plantera 6/10* Circle, circle circle circle, strafe.
Golem Unsure, do I cheese? Maybe.
Empress of Light 6/10* More asphalt, maybe. Not even going to assume # of tries on Daytime kill.
Lunatic Cultist 5/10 , Just keep dodging, just keep dodging, dodging dodging dodging.
Duke Fishron Fish/10 . His other name is Doucheron.
Moon Lord 8/10 , maye have RoD, but... Uhh.. Yeah. Debating if I should make a giant teleport construct just to Stardust him.

Assuming that you're getting gear in the correct progress for these bosses and fighting them when you should be this is what I believe are the bosses in order of Easiest to Hardest.

King Slime
Eye of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Golem
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
The Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
The Twins
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron

Moon Lord

Put your opinions below.
For me:

Eye of Cthulhu
Skeletron
King slime
Eater of worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Lepus
Queen bee
Turkor the ungrateful
Wall of flesh
The destroyer
The twins
Skeletron prime
Plantera
Golem
Ocram
Lunatic Cultist
Duke fishron
Moon lord

Let me introduce to you the Empress of Light in Master Mode, which is meant to be fought using the gear you’ve mentioned using:
View attachment 350475
And unlike ocram who has simple attacks which don’t even work properly (and has practically a quarter of the empress’s max health) these moves consist of:
  1. A huge dash double the length and speed of ocram’s.
  2. An absolute swarm of projectiles larger and more numerous than ocram’s lasers… except they home into you.
  3. A huge sweeping set of 8 beams which are so large that they don’t even fully fit onscreen ON PC.
  4. A huge ring of projectiles which cover even more area than the previous attack.
  5. And lastly, an attack which creates literal WALLS of projectiles around you that are essentially lasers, but better due to the fact that they are more than merely a few pixels wide
And I haven’t even mentioned the enraged version you need to fight to obtain the Terraprisma (which I have done, by the way), during which this boss deals more than 10,000 damage on ALL of these.

Ocram loses here in every respect. His attacks are more simplistic while dealing on average less damage, and don’t even aim towards you most of the time, and he has 35,000 health compared to Master Mode Empress of Light’s 124,950 health.
but what about NORMAL MODE
you are all about the bs in master mode that I cannot access and you act like this naturally makes empress of lies better than ocram
oh wow you do more damage in a higher difficulty *YAWN*
and you aren't even counting Ocram's servants into the dam thing!

but what about NORMAL MODE
you are all about the bs in master mode that I cannot access and you act like this naturally makes empress of lies better than ocram
oh wow you do more damage in a higher difficulty *YAWN*
and you aren't even counting Ocram's servants into the dam thing!
Ocram’s servants die ridiculously quickly. Seriously they’re no different from enemies you’ve fought in early hardmode and go down too fast to matter. Also uh, the servants deal 20 damage, which is reduced to single digit damage with the RANGER orichalcum armor I was using. I’ve been excluding them because they’re irrelevant to the fight.

Problem with excluding master mode is… I don’t even play normal mode any more because it’s too easy and the fights are too short. I have done a fight far more difficult to dodge, which takes you out in one shot, and is four times longer than ocram before, IN A DIFFICULTY 3x THAT OF NORMAL. Why should I find ocram difficult?

Every single argument you’ve pointed out is either artificial difficulty or countered by itself due to the fight being functionally broken and trivial to dodge. The Enraged Empress fight is still more difficult to dodge in normal mode and still deals over 10,000 damage in normal mode.Not to mention that the empress of light has twice as much health as ocram IN NORMAL MODE. Ocram STILL loses to her.

You want another example? Fine.

1639169438789.png

Oh, would you look at that? A boss considered easy by PC’s standards and known for being over stupidly quickly not only has only marginally lower damage than ocram, but attacks that linger around long enough to actually hit you more than once, effectively doubling their damage and using up your beetle armor charges, AND the fight is almost twice as long (did I mention this fight is considered very easy on PC because it’s often over in under 1 minute with post-golem gear IN EXPERT MODE?). This boss is even on 3DS too, so you can actually access it.

Why should I find ocram difficult. Literally every boss in the game in the difficulty I’m used to is harder. And guess what? He doesn’t even exist in said difficulty. Instead he exists on the platform where you can flick the control stick and press X to just win the fight instantly because you can shoot him while he’s offscreen and he can’t even aim at you unless you literally sit down and take a nap in the middle of the fight. Additionally EVERY WEAPON ON 3DS HAS AUTOFIRE which means that the boss actually dies even faster with some weapons than he would on PC.

You’re not going to convince anyone with any argument outside the nature of nostalgia/rose tinted glasses (which I’ve already proven my immunity to) if you keep responding to these walls of text with 1-2 sentences.

Last edited:
Yeah im not even going to read all of that.
If it really takes you that many words to try to convince me that you are right, then you probably aren't right.
Give me a couple reasons
not a whole :red:in paragraph
I'm sick of paragraphs as a whole
I do not wish to read more than I have to.

you know what
i dont give a :red: anymore
go ahead and think what you want to think
i think that you are wrong
and you think that i am wrong
lets stop fighting a hopeless battle against each other

Last edited:
Yeah im not even going to read all of that.
If it really takes you that many words to try to convince me that you are right, then you probably aren't right.
Give me a couple reasons
not a whole :red:in paragraph
I'm sick of paragraphs as a whole
I do not wish to read more than I have to.

you know what
i dont give a :red: anymore
go ahead and think what you want to think
i think that you are wrong
and you think that i am wrong
lets stop fighting a hopeless battle against each other
I think you need to actually pay attention to what I am saying, because guess what? I gave you a couple reasons. You were the one who chose to just brush past them and ignore reasoning. It only escalated once you gave me a reason to escalate to more than a couple reasons in the first place by downright ignoring them.

You don’t win
arguments by ignoring your opponent’s words until they give up.

This is my opinion:
Eye of Cthulhu
King Slime
Eater of Worlds
Queen Bee
Skeletron
Brain of Cthulhu
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron Prime
Queen Slime
The Twins
The Destroyer
Duke Fishron
Plantera
Empress of Light
Golem
Lunatic Cultist
Moon Lord
(Note: this is Classic Mode since I beat it from easiest to hardest)

Back
Top Bottom