tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
That's my worm bosses + PfE for you :p

I once had the Devourer despawn because he got a prefix that caused him to bug out.
Yeah, the PfE mod is a little bit buggy.

Also, I see you decided to change the Devourer of Gods' AI.Can we expect the fight to be a bit more challenging? I know this might seem dumb, but from what I've gathered, with enough preparations, the fight can be a bit underwhelming.But that's just my silly opinion.

Some ideas for ranged weapon improvement:
HW8n3Gt.png

Flarewing Bow -> Obsidian Wing Bow
1 Hellwing Bow + 5 essence of cinder + 50 fire blocks + 10 obsidian
Lower fire rate and slightly less damage than original Flarewing Bow. Turns normal wooden arrows into 5 hellwing bats that spread as they travel from each other and ricochet off blocks. Normal arrows also shoot in pairs of 5 as well and spread from each other, but are affected by gravity.
E3q5Y33.png

Monsoon
1 Tsunami + 5 Shark fins + 10 Verstaltite Bars (recipe up for debate)
Instead of leaving tornados, there is a 5% chance for each arrow fired to be a shark projectile (from tempest staff) that does double damage.

Other bits and bobs:
-Updated Starfleet projectile:
MYjKCHi.png

-Lunarian Bow often does not show particles shot, most likely too many are being rendered at once
-I can't tell what's going on with the Apocalyptic Expulsor, it probably needs a better after image and a slower bullet speed, maybe even a larger bullet sprite so you can see it

Last edited:
I added king slime and queen bee yes I did
I think this is more accurate.

King Slime/Desert Scourge
Sea Dragon Leviathan (WIP) - Meant to be fought in Hardmode but can be fought earlier for a challenge
Eye of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu
The Perforator/The Hive Mind
Queen Bee/Skeletron
Slime God
Wall of Flesh
Cryogen
The Destroyer/Skeletron Prime/The Twins
Calamitas
Plantera
The Devourer of Gods
The Golem
Plaguebringer Goliath
Duke Fishron
Lunatic Cultist
Moon Lord
Providence, the Profaned God (Currently being programmed and sprited, Hallowed Boss) Profaned Guardian (Miniboss that Providence spawns every 10% life)
Alpha & Omega (WIP)
Andromeda (Martian Star Destroyer) (WIP, Space Boss)
Jungle Dragon Yharon (WIP)
Yharim, Lord of the Cosmos/Soul of Yharim (WIP)

Some ideas for ranged weapon improvement:
HW8n3Gt.png

Flarewing Bow -> Obsidian Wing Bow
1 Hellwing Bow + 5 essence of cinder + 50 fire blocks + 10 obsidian
Lower fire rate and slightly less damage than original Flarewing Bow. Turns normal wooden arrows into 5 hellwing bats that spread as they travel from each other and ricochet off blocks. Normal arrows also shoot in pairs of 5 as well and spread from each other, but are affected by gravity.
E3q5Y33.png

Monsoon
1 Tsunami + 5 Shark fins + 10 Verstaltite Bars (recipe up for debate)
Instead of leaving tornados, there is a 5% chance for each arrow fired to be a shark projectile (from tempest staff) that does double damage.

Other bits and bobs:
-Updated Starfleet projectile:
MYjKCHi.png

-Lunarian Bow often does not show particles shot, most likely too many are being rendered at once
-I can't tell what's going on with the Apocalyptic Expulsor, it probably needs a better after image and a slower bullet speed, maybe even a larger bullet sprite so you can see it

I need to make a whole new projectile for the Flarewing Bow, but I will do it. It will look like the flaming bats but will have a different AI. Only wooden arrows will be converted. Recipe updated. Damage lowered and fire rate lowered.

The Monsoon will still shoot typhoon arrows, but at a much lower chance 1 in 25, and the tornadoes are much smaller and last a lot less time. It will also shoot sharks at a 1 in 12 chance.

All sprites updated.

Lunar Bolt projectiles have had their dust scales cut in half. So that the dust dies out more quickly and allows subsequent projectiles to render.

Apocalyptic Expulsor bullets will have their sprite sizes increased. Shoot speed will be lowered.

I also took all of your suggestions on the previous page into account. Usually if I leave a 'like' on anyone's comment it means I will be taking it into account.

One trend I'm noticing with the ranged weapons especially is that most of them (over half) are endgame weapons. A handful could be nerfed so that they could fill in the empty spaces in progression. Also, I'm looking into simpler recipes for weapons and reducing the material count to be less confusing. Some examples of changed recipes:

5 spectre bars + 1 Phoenix Blaster + 5 shroomite bars = Aeries (would require nerf)
1 tsunami + 5 shark fins + 10 vortex fragments = Monsoon
1 Tactical Shotgun + 5-10 Core of Chaos = Apocalyptic expulsor (This could use a name change, it's a mouthful. It would also require a nerf and be able to shoot regular bullets)
vqgO91h.png

One trend I'm noticing with the ranged weapons especially is that most of them (over half) are endgame weapons. A handful could be nerfed so that they could fill in the empty spaces in progression. Also, I'm looking into simpler recipes for weapons and reducing the material count to be less confusing. Some examples of changed recipes:

5 spectre bars + 1 Phoenix Blaster + 5 shroomite bars = Aeries (would require nerf)
1 tsunami + 5 shark fins + 10 vortex fragments = Monsoon
1 Tactical Shotgun + 5-10 Core of Chaos = Apocalyptic expulsor (This could use a name change, it's a mouthful. It would also require a nerf and be able to shoot regular bullets)
vqgO91h.png

Changes:
  1. Hyperius Bullets can now be used by all guns.
  2. Apocalyptic Expulsor name changed to Conference Call.
  3. Conference Call has a new effect to make it unique.
  4. Conference Call balanced more to its' new tier.
  5. New weapon sprites for quite a few weapons (sent on Discord server).
  6. Flarewing Bow converts only wooden arrows to new flaming obsidian bats that follow the player's velocity. This effect is amazing and makes it look like bats are flying through the air at differing velocities. Reminded me of dolphins if they could swim in the air. Oh yeah, the arrows also bounce off tiles :D
  7. Flarewing Bow lowers damage of all arrows by 50% if they are not wooden arrows, mostly done to prevent players from just spamming holy arrows.
  8. Flarewing Bow buffs damage of wooden arrows by 25% when fired, to make the special effect more useful.
  9. Hyperius and Verium Bullets made completely transparent aside from the dust they emit.
  10. Aeries balanced to its' new tier (I hope).
  11. All new recipes updated.
  12. Probably missed some stuff, but hopefully not.

Changes:
  2. Apocalyptic Expulsor name changed to Conference Call. Approved by
    400px-Hyperion_logo.png
    and Jack himself.
  6. Flarewing Bow converts only wooden arrows to new flaming obsidian bats that follow the player's velocity. This effect is amazing and makes it look like bats are flying through the air at differing velocities. Reminded me of dolphins if they could swim in the air. Oh yeah, the arrows also bounce off tiles :D
  7. Flarewing Bow lowers damage of all arrows by 50% if they are not wooden arrows, mostly done to prevent players from just spamming holy arrows.
  8. Flarewing Bow buffs damage of wooden arrows by 25% when fired, to make the special effect more useful.
  9. Hyperius and Verium Bullets made completely transparent aside from the dust they emit.

I had to, lol.

Updated my cyclops sprite, and I'm happy to see it's actually bigger than the Paladin sprite.

I also attempted to make a Cyclops with two eyes, but it went horribly. Also made his BIG SMASHY CLUB.

Da Cyclops said:
Me smash filthy dungeon farmer with me club!

Attachments

• cyclops.png
    cyclops.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Diclops.png
    Diclops.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 160
  • smashy.png
    smashy.png
    1 KB · Views: 177
I had to, lol.
It's pretty much a direct reference to Borderlands 2, ever heard of the Conference Call? We need to steal more of their weapons (also, is Conference Call a little too direct? What about The Pager? Or Business Professional? Or other business-y words?)

It's pretty much a direct reference to Borderlands 2, ever heard of the Conference Call? We need to steal more of their weapons (also, is Conference Call a little too direct? What about The Pager? Or Business Professional? Or other business-y words?)
No, I haven't heard of even borderlands...
ce3f171a3e.jpg

Im gonna go back to it one day.
But yeah, we need their weapons.
Hyperion Shotgun barrel names.

b1bc56ad19.png

Sure, I'll make it less direct.

There are many references in this mod. Starfleet is a reference to Star Trek and Borderlands 2's Norfleet, Charged Dart Rifle and Plasma Rifle are references to Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, etc..

Those last two haven't been released yet btw

Changes:
  2. Apocalyptic Expulsor name changed to Conference Call.
Borderlands much?
Dude....
Love you man

Quick semi-off topic question: What's everyone's favorite Borderlands weapon? I may make a few sprites of them.

Most of my favorites are already in here :p

But I suppose the Unkempt Harold (OP as hell), Skullmasher, and the Serpens are also amazing.

Back
Top Bottom