tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
The music is nice. There is a third leviathan track planned.

As of now, there are two tracks, being Infernal Catharisis (spelled right?, Yharon) and Antartic Reinforcement (Cryogen).
DOG uses Cave Story remix, Plaguebringer Goliath uses Boss 1 remix, and Calamitas & Supreme Calamitas are using Boss 2 Remix.
They will be replaced as soon as the tracks are done. My Favorite of them is the cave story remix and Cryogen's Theme.

I'm not sure if this was planned this way or if it was just overlooked, or if this was asked before (sorry if it has, don't really feel like skimming through 340 forum pages) by whoever developped this mod, but why is the mermaid (aka Leviathan's "bait" i guess?) in the ocean when in theory it's a post plantera boss when I haven't even fought the EoC yet? If the answer is just to scare people off, well, it's working very well so far...

I know it's not Calamity related in any way, but it'd be quite a shame to see the Cave Story remix leave from the DoG. Yes, it's a remix and is not related to the DoG or Calamity at all, but there's something to the tune I find that fits with the boss, possibly because it has dramatic orchestra and techno, which fits the Devourer of Gods as a deity eating cybernetic worm.

I'm not sure if this was planned this way or if it was just overlooked, or if this was asked before (sorry if it has, don't really feel like skimming through 340 forum pages) by whoever developped this mod, but why is the mermaid (aka Leviathan's "bait" i guess?) in the ocean when in theory it's a post plantera boss when I haven't even fought the EoC yet? If the answer is just to scare people off, well, it's working very well so far...

I think it's best if "Leviathan Lure is spawning pre-Plantera! Help?" become one of the FAQs. That's quite a lot of confused people on this specific topic. :confused: :/

OT: You can fight the Leviathan at any point in the game, but you're mainly aimed to fight it at around post-Plantera. However, if you're brave and have enough determination, you can choose to fight it before you kill Plantera. Succeeding in slaying the Leviathan in this specific condition will let it drop the "IOU an item" item, which, when crafted with Plantera's Living Shards, allows one to gain any Leviathan weapon before they have to kill it after Plantera.

tl;dr

Killing the boss pre-Plantera allows you to get one of its items once you kill Plantera. (i.e Killing this before Plantera gets you a free Leviathan drop)

I know it's not Calamity related in any way, but it'd be quite a shame to see the Cave Story remix leave from the DoG. Yes, it's a remix and is not related to the DoG or Calamity at all, but there's something to the tune I find that fits with the boss, possibly because it has dramatic orchestra and techno, which fits the Devourer of Gods as a deity eating cybernetic worm.

Just going to mention that DM Dokuro said that he will try to replicate the "feel" of the Last Battle remix when he does the ost for DoG. I too am disappointed that we will not have that awesome CaveStory remix, but I'm still interested to hear how the new one will come out :p

Because its meant to beable to fought at any point in the game...

The only thing music really does is take space, weight-wise. If you're recieving strain it's a result of the rest of the content, or some sort of compatibility error, definitively not the music.

Not anymore memory than it would to load anything else. Lets just say, the DoG boss is more likely to cause strain than his track.

Tremor 1.3 has 22 MB (before the update, it had 50.), and it adds more tracks then Calamity. (around 10.) While the Calamity mod adds 5 tracks. The music IS not the thing which causes the game to crash or something. In fact, I NEVER had any problems with the mod. It works perfectly. The DOG is a lagger, but when he lags, it's most likely your PC.

Also, new and custom tracks aren't that bad. Every boss gets an music track, when they are done. Even then, there is no chance for the game to lag, unless you fight DOG or have a bad computer.

With that said, I hope you have an proper answer. :)

How am I supposed to fight the Brimstone Elemental before Calamitas? It's placed before Calamitas on the planned boss progression but I'm pretty sure the calamity biome spawns when you beat Calamitas, since I've visited the edges of the underworld already.

How am I supposed to fight the Brimstone Elemental before Calamitas? It's placed before Calamitas on the planned boss progression but I'm pretty sure the calamity biome spawns when you beat Calamitas, since I've visited the edges of the underworld already.
Profaned Crags is supposed to generate on world generation, the calamity biome spawner is there for people who want the Profaned Crags biome without having to make a new world.
EDIT: Ninja'd

Back
Top Bottom