tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I'm confused; I thought Void would go with Lower Abyss as intended as well as Infernal Catharsis Rebirth with Yharon Phase 1 and Roar of the Jungle Dragon with Yharon Phase 2?

In the future, it will. R'lyeh is a placeholder... I guess, and I'd have to assume the same for the others?

Hi I've been really enjoying the mod so far but have encountered a problem. I can't seem to craft any helmet outside of the summoner versions. Not for any armor post moonlord at least. Could somebody please help me?

I'm having issues with calamity world gen. When the hell crags spawn they get all janked up and destroy the ocean. I tried on a small world and it still happened look at the far right of the picture, I don't know if its or bug or mod compatibility. Im currently using:
Calmity
Spirit
Start With Base
WMITF
Weapon Out
VeinMiner
WingSlot
Recipe Browser
Super Quick respawn
Magic Storage
Luiafk
Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 8.57.30 PM.png

I'm having issues with calamity world gen. When the hell crags spawn they get all janked up and destroy the ocean. I tried on a small world and it still happened look at the far right of the picture, I don't know if its or bug or mod compatibility. Im currently using:
Calmity
Spirit
Start With Base
WMITF
Weapon Out
VeinMiner
WingSlot
Recipe Browser
Super Quick respawn
Magic Storage
LuiafkView attachment 202969

Hell crags are to the LEFT, always. The black, massive hole to your right is the Abyss. This is a biome generated in Calamity naturally.

The little black spots located in the Underworld to the leftmost side is the Hell Crag, or officially known as the Profaned Crags.

Ohhh that makes sense so its just a massive gaping hole okay.
Thanks a ton
Hell crags are to the LEFT, always. The black, massive hole to your right is the Abyss. This is a biome generated in Calamity naturally.

The little black spots located in the Underworld to the leftmost side is the Hell Crag, or officially known as the Profaned Crags.

Okay, I checked the number of summons I've got with the sun god staff. It doesn't seem to stack, i.e the number of summons is not exceeding 1 no matter how many minion slots I have or how many times I use it. I'm not sure what's wrong, any solutions to this would be appreciated :/

Hello. I was wondering if there's a certain requiment for Yharam phase 2. I've beaten all the bosses prior and killed several buffed mothron. But he just flies away and says I'm not worthy. But he drops some stuff so I'm not really sure what's going on.

Hello. I was wondering if there's a certain requiment for Yharam phase 2. I've beaten all the bosses prior and killed several buffed mothron. But he just flies away and says I'm not worthy. But he drops some stuff so I'm not really sure what's going on.

Silva Armour is required to reach the second phase of the fight.

Hi I've been really enjoying the mod so far but have encountered a problem. I can't seem to craft any helmet outside of the summoner versions. Not for any armor post moonlord at least. Could somebody please help me?

Having this same exact issue. I have also have recipe browser install and the only summon variants of all post-Moon Lord armors are available.

Since a few people brought it up, if I had to criticize one other thing, it'd be the Abyss. Lightly, because it's optional, but it does deserve it. On softcore it's whatever. I like that there's a biome that makes water-related equipment useful, even if rarely, but it's somewhat muddied by the fact that it's glitchy to start, and what you REALLY need are the special Abyss equips.

Then the Abyss equips are a sprawl of different materials coming together like the Ankh shield, with some of the ingredients being things you normally would never want or need. It takes so long to put together for a region that offers extremely minimal benefits.

I'll play mediumcore sometimes, to deter the habit of recklessness, and I find myself completely avoiding the Abyss pretty much indefinitely. There's nothing there, and if you bump into a Mauler Shark it's instant death for most of the game. I think the Mauler Shark is probably my biggest gripe. It's got as much HP as the Leviathan, it explodes, and does more than three times the damage of the Leviathan. I don't know how the Scourge can survive in the Piss Ocean with apex predators like that in the water. Maulers would tear the Scourge to shreds. By the time you finally get down low enough to see Reaper Sharks in the late game, Reapers are only just barely tougher. Why are Maulers so strong? Their existence makes it safer to tunnel sideways into the Abyss from the caverns.

It's not a "miniboss" if it could kill the Moonlord.

I think the only time Piss Ocean is useful to the player is just after you get a shadow key, because the weapons in the chests are useful then, and the tool to control rain is handy. After Wall of Flesh, you'll quickly upgrade past those items. You may be able to fish up Abyss crates post hardmore, but it's all pre-hardmode tier - and think about this: if I'm fishing for crates anyway, the crates will provide me with titanium and adamantium, so why would I ever want to see those lower tier weapons by fishing at that stage of the game?

It's really all for its own sake. Some people say the Abyss is "scary", but I half feel like they only say that because they know they're supposed to think it's scary.

There was one fun side-effect of the Abyss, though. I dug a long tunnel through the caverns and ran rail across it, and the rail passed over the dungeon. Busting a hole in the wall of the Abyss caused water to flow out of it and endlessly down into the dungeon. By the time I'd realized what I'd done, the whole place was flooded, which meant there was one stupid place I didn't want to be where my water equips were useful, and one place with a lot of important things in it that was almost totally underwater. Accidentally made water equips super useful!

Since a few people brought it up, if I had to criticize one other thing, it'd be the Abyss. Lightly, because it's optional, but it does deserve it. On softcore it's whatever. I like that there's a biome that makes water-related equipment useful, even if rarely, but it's somewhat muddied by the fact that it's glitchy to start, and what you REALLY need are the special Abyss equips.

Then the Abyss equips are a sprawl of different materials coming together like the Ankh shield, with some of the ingredients being things you normally would never want or need. It takes so long to put together for a region that offers extremely minimal benefits.

I'll play mediumcore sometimes, to deter the habit of recklessness, and I find myself completely avoiding the Abyss pretty much indefinitely. There's nothing there, and if you bump into a Mauler Shark it's instant death for most of the game. I think the Mauler Shark is probably my biggest gripe. It's got as much HP as the Leviathan, it explodes, and does more than three times the damage of the Leviathan. I don't know how the Scourge can survive in the Piss Ocean with apex predators like that in the water. Maulers would tear the Scourge to shreds. By the time you finally get down low enough to see Reaper Sharks in the late game, Reapers are only just barely tougher. Why are Maulers so strong? Their existence makes it safer to tunnel sideways into the Abyss from the caverns.

It's not a "miniboss" if it could kill the Moonlord.

I think the only time Piss Ocean is useful to the player is just after you get a shadow key, because the weapons in the chests are useful then, and the tool to control rain is handy. After Wall of Flesh, you'll quickly upgrade past those items. You may be able to fish up Abyss crates post hardmore, but it's all pre-hardmode tier - and think about this: if I'm fishing for crates anyway, the crates will provide me with titanium and adamantium, so why would I ever want to see those lower tier weapons by fishing at that stage of the game?

It's really all for its own sake. Some people say the Abyss is "scary", but I half feel like they only say that because they know they're supposed to think it's scary.

There was one fun side-effect of the Abyss, though. I dug a long tunnel through the caverns and ran rail across it, and the rail passed over the dungeon. Busting a hole in the wall of the Abyss caused water to flow out of it and endlessly down into the dungeon. By the time I'd realized what I'd done, the whole place was flooded, which meant there was one stupid place I didn't want to be where my water equips where useful, and one place with a lot of important things in it that was almost totally underwater. Accidentally made water equips super useful!
I've flooded a dungeon; it's great fun!

I've flooded a dungeon; it's great fun!
Yeah, it's interesting. The flooded temple vibe is kind of cool.

I actually wish that's what the Abyss was. Rather than having a long stretch of empty water, if more of that space was occupied by randomly-generated temple, with traps, unique building tiles, statues, and monsters, it'd be a lot more interesting. The song track is "R'lyeh", right? Let's get some Illithids and cities down there for Cthulhu to sleep in!

Back
Top Bottom